New thought on Veteran Rewards

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Leeanni, Jan 5, 2013.

1. Leeanni Elder

Isn't it about time that Veterans Rewards be granted to all characters on an account? I mean seriously, what does SOE lose by giving the rewards to all characters even on year one? No loss, only gain by having many more happy customers and maybe a few more people starting bot accounts knowing that they will have the vet rewards on all characters as they are earned on the account.

Anyone agree with me? I can remember when the rewards were earned when the account was pre-paid... so a new account that a customer paid 2 years in advance was immediately granted the first 2 years of vet rewards. They only changed that when a few idiots exploited.
  2. AliveTank. Journeyman

I do not mind VR being limited, but then when you move character they should get to keep em , not lose them.
    Otherwise you can just have em be on all characters, no need for double limitations.
    Leerah and Andarriel like this.
  3. Leerah Augur

Or if you move a character one claim is restored to the account it left.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

The issue is you can move a character from an account with few veteran rewards to an account with many but no claims left and end up with veteran rewards available since claiming them is really just a flag on the character and the account says which ones you get.
  5. Leerah Augur

Really? So I don't have to worry anymore about if I have claimed one on another server? I don't have to keep track past 13?
  6. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Actually they only change the Vet rewards from being pre-bought when they went to F2P; since now everyone now accrues time for them without having a subscription, thus you cannot buy them ahead now. Unless you're talking about pre-buying like 10 years worth of 2 year subs which the nipped in the bud simply by only charging the card and crediting the account upon the end of your current sub back before F2P; otherwise you still got credit as soon as you were charged for the recurrence of your sub.

You can't really give back credits to an account that you transferred a toon off of unless you instead strip the toon of the Vet AA flag upon the transfer (which would piss off more people than would want them back) for the reasons Waring outlined.

You also cannot have characters transferred off of one account and onto another account keep the same number of Vet AAs as the original account, because as Waring said it is determined by the account not the character.
  7. yaddab Augur

No its not correct Vet rewards are account not character based.
  8. Tegila Augur

wrong. they changed this a LONG time ago, like somtime between 2007 and 2009 you could no longer prepay for 2 years and get 2 years more on your entitled. i only know it was that timeperiod because some of my alt accounts got it and got bumped up to my main account who should have at least 4 years more time than the alts, while my main account (who pre-2009 was on all-access) when it got put on the 2year sub in 2009 did not get the 2 years added. I think there's a lot mroe screwy with entitled time than this though, as even with the above, my alts shouldve only caught up by 2 years not 4.

to the OP: i agree that it should be extended to all toons on an account, it's not like you get everythign at year 1, limiting it to 1 toon would make sense if that was the case, if every year you got another toon to use them on, rther than more toys AND more toons. i've never had an issue with running out of vetaas for an account though myself

as an aside about veteran rewards: WTB Parcel Liaison for next vetaa. I won't get to use it for a few years myself, but it's the next logical choice i think.
  9. Vouivre Augur

I agree that Vet rewards should be granted to all characters on the account rather than by character. This is an old gripe that they've never addressed. They just continue ignoring it. You earned your vet rewards so you shouldn't have to pick and choose which characters get them and which don't.
  10. Leerah Augur

I think it's cool that it's one-for-one year. Helps you prioritize. And when you get a new character entitled, it's like a present.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Really? Because in 2010 and 2011 when my alts accounts 2-year sub renewed they got 2 more Vet AAs the next time the entitlement update occurred. Again, before the transition to F2P the ONLY thing they stopped people from being able to do was purchasing multiple 1 or 2 year subscriptions. This did occur around around 2007; though people had been doing it since vetAAs were introduced. The reason it stopped was because the changed how their subscription system worked around then. Back then you could buy a 2 year sub and it would move your renewal date from say June of 2006 to June of 2008, and you would pay right then; next you would go buy another 2 year sub and it would change from June 2008 to June of 2010. You might have had to turn off the auto renewal option, but more or less that it what the people who "bought" their VetAAs did."
    So since you paid up-front at the time, you got the 4 years entitlement up front. When they changed their system, you no longer paid up-front instead it would only charge you once your current subscription was up; so you could no longer pay ahead and get extra years worth of entitlements. Additionally, for the same reasons that you could no longer get more than the current subscriptions length added to your entitlement, you also would not get anything added to your account until that accounts previous subscriptions all ended. Plus, at that time they were still doing the entitlement updates the first week of the month; so depending on when certain sub's ended and actually moved to the other sub, you could get a delay of up to 3 or 4 weeks before the new time was granted.

There were a lot of bugs in that system when going from something like All-Access to a single sub. As well as the bugs with the system itself, you can find multiple instances on the old forums where people had issues with their entitled time was not correct or even stopped updating when they were even on monthly updates.
  12. Nolrog Augur

I've long been a proponent of opening up vet rewards to all characters. I usually don't claim the rewards because I tend to switch characters a bit so I don't want to waste them, so they end up unclaimed.
    Vouivre likes this.