New Tab Feature bug and discussion

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Nightmares, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Nightmares Augur

It's nice you guys gave us some options with the new tabs, however there are some issues, bugs and problems with them and the community.
    One example: I go to uncheck ( the * symbol) next to "Highlight New Messages". Took them a few tries before they stayed off. Logged out, logged in today and they are turned back on. Tried doing it several times just now and they keep turning themselves on. Besides the tell windows now working nearly as good as they should, the tabs all getting wonky with typing in each and changing tabs when you do ( though it was said in another thread that this was "intended").
    These are just a few example of more bugs with them.
    Please give us an option to turn them off, or fix the bugs that keep turning themselves back on. For instance you gave us plenty of options with the quest overlay window.
    Some examples of options that some might appreciate and also help lower the negative feedback:
    1.) Option to remove the Title bar of the windows so only the tabs are on top. There is plenty of room for minimize button and close button. Being a chat window you can get the right click menu by clicking on the type area, so no problems there.
    2.) If you have a window that has filter option "Tells" to go to that window, use that window for your tell tabs.We don't need ever more windows popping up at the worst times. and if a window has tell tabs in it, no need to open yet another window for more. That's just crazy! @.o
    3.) For some of the windows, we want them just for spam, so no need for type bars, so an option to get rid of that in a window would help as well ( like if you are using the "Always Chat Here" you can't type in the other windows, so might as well remove those type bars).
    4.) If a window does not have multiple tabs, then it does not need a title bar and a tab bar. Could make it work where when only 1 tab is in the window then it would not show as a tab, and when another tab is added then it changes.
    5.) make an options button for windows outright. have all these options listed above inside, including the normal right click menu options(for when you remove the title bar and the type bar, it could go next to the tabs).

I'm sure there are more that others could place here. and I welcome the input. Please no flaming this post, however constructive options and/or improvements would be welcome.
    For now this is just a start of what might help make this new feature more welcomed and useful.
    P.S. This is posted here in Support because of the glitch with "highlight New messages" bug mentioned above.
    Ssdar and Kinadil like this.
  2. Ssdar Augur

Some great suggestions here! I think everyone would welcome more in game customization options.

The bug you mention is actually only a display bug. If you notice, it will not highlight the tabs if you have previously disabled it, but will still show as enabled in the right click menu. I reported this in the bug reports thread so hopefully it will be fixed in the next patch.
  3. Protius Make Everquest TLP's Great, Again.

I just made the same suggestion to give us the option to use the old default UI and someone basically told me to keep quiet and get a coloring book like the rest... Its not like the old default is gone forever. These tabs irritating...
    Yinla likes this.