New stats display AC (Mitigation & Evasion) and ATK (Offense & Accuracy)

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Kharazdak, Jan 18, 2017.

1. Kharazdak Journeyman

Trying to get a handle on the 1/18 changes.
    So, I see on my atk and ac, there are now 2 values, separated by a "/". So, for instance w/ atk, is the first number "offense" and the second number "accuracy"? Same w/ ac? Or, with AC is the second number the "soft cap"?
    (And I guess the "Accuracy" under Heroic Mods is a different "accuracy" than that in the ATK numbers?? I don't see any other separate stat listings for mitigation, evasion, or offense. Is the "offense" shown as part of ATK something different than the Offense skill? They are different numbers).
    The patch notes say although the AC numbers are shown as lower, that the effective AC remains the same as before; is this the same for atk?
    Also, on gear stats I don't see these separated out - I see just one number is shown for atk and ac. Do we just try it on to see how it may affect these component parts?
    Or am I way off the mark and/or missing something? ...Confused and appreciate any thoughts.

The patch notes read:
    "Changed the display of the 'Attack' statistic to show its component parts: 'Offense' and 'Accuracy':
    - - The Offense stat increases your likelihood to deal more damage when you land a melee attack and is countered by your opponent's Mitigation stat.
    - - The Accuracy stat increases your likelihood to land a hit on your opponent in melee combat and is countered by your opponent's Evasion stat.
    - Changed the display of the 'Armor Class' statistic to show its component parts: 'Mitigation' and 'Evasion':
    - - Although the new numbers are lower, your effective Armor Class is the same. These new numbers have always been used in combat calculations.
    - - The Mitigation stat increases the likelihood for you to take less damage when you are hit by a melee attack and is countered by your opponent's Offense stat.
    - - The Evasion stat increases the likelihood for you to avoid being hit by a melee attack and is countered by your opponent's Accuracy stat."
  2. mackal Augur

The tool tip will tell you which number is which. AC on gear doesn't need to be "separated out" because the AC on gear only affects mitigation AC (similarly, atk on items only affects the offense stat.) Avoidance AC is only influenced by AGI and hAGI and the item mod2 avoidance stat.

The item mod2 accuracy you see under heroic mods is in fact different. That stat is part of the new accuracy number, but only if the attack isn't archery or throwing.
  3. Kharazdak Journeyman

Ah, thanks - the glories of hovering the cursor over things;)
    Jyve likes this.
  4. Jerricoe Journeyman

So is the stats page reporting incorrectly? I have lost ac/attk from what I had prior to patch. It feels the same as before but just the stats page is reporting it incorrectly.
  5. Slippry Augur

Nothing in the back end changed. The old AC and ATK numbers you saw were the result of the numbers you see now, after being run through a formula that was a crime against mathematics. For the sole reason of hiding your real stats.

That formula has now been tossed in a dumpster, so you get to see the real numbers that the game has been using the whole time.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  6. Saimhann New Member

Is it safe to assume that parry, dodge, and riposte are not used in the avoidance calculation? Only misses. Items that increase these mods have no effect on my avoidance if I unequip them.
  7. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Comparing to this article on AC , are we seeing "ACSum/ComputedDefense" directly now? Or is the first number "Mithigation AC" ?:confused:
  8. mackal Augur

Here is a relevant dev quote (following this link will also give you the chances for each)

gotwar likes this.
  9. eqgamer Augur

So, that's what, 50 hours? 120 hours?
  10. Slippry Augur

Correct. Avoidance AC is for normal misses. Skills like those are not factored into your AC calculation even though they will result you getting hit less. Those skills aren't opposed by your opponent's accuracy, they're opposed by strikethrough and heroic strikethrough.

ACSum is mitigation AC. ComputedDefense is avoidance AC.