New SK DoT Usage

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Vythika, Apr 20, 2020.

1. Vythika New Member

I haven't used my SK DoTs in so long because I didn't think they were worth using before the buff. I just wanted to get some opinions since I play an SK box. What dots are you guys rotating regularly in groups? Which do you find to be the most effective?

I've been using the corruption dot into the disease dot (don't remember the names offhand) because the corruption one lowers disease resist (iirc) and the disease one lowers str and ac. Not sure how much the -str actually helps with tanking but I've seen some nice crits come out of these regardless.

Every once in a while though I have to stop using them as my mana goes pretty quickly even while keeping thought leech on cd and spamming BoC AA. Maybe 2 dots per mob is too much at the rate I'm killing.
  2. bortage spammin lifetaps

I haven't played around with them much but I generally just balance dot usage around the group - if the first mob dies too fast just dot the adds, adjust your mana drain so that instead of having to wait for you they all need mana or you're waiting on respawns or whatever

When I'm soloing I use several dots and then med when I run oom but I try to extend my time between med breaks by not lifetapping as aggressively when I have 2.0/MC up so I can bank some mana from mental torment procs