New SK Dot changes stink

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Dwimmerlaike, Apr 15, 2020.

1. Angahran Augur

I haven't looked in detail but it's been posted that it's roughly 3x damage increase for a 5x mana cost increase.
  2. Scornfire The Nimbus Prince

I have a group geared SK with autogrant DoT AA, no focus AA for the DoT lines at all... Under Self burn the DoTs reach roughly 250k DPS with no ADPS whatsoever, I don't think I need to extrapolate as to what I can accomplish playing a Guild Member's Max'd out SK. The Mana cost is LARGELY mitigated by the fact ragged bite gives back a ton of mana on crit, GoM triggers are hilariously easy to make and use, and now I'll just save Thought Leech instead of blowing it off the top to try and fit 2 in an event. I see definitive value in the DoTs
  3. yepmetoo Abazzagorath

Gotta remember, SK been so easymode OP for so long, there are a LOT of scrubs playing that can't play that smart.

So the good SKs can take advantage, the bad ones are gonna whine. Maybe not a bad thing, I'm always up for classes getting powerful upgrades but have to actually learn to play to differentiate them from the masses.
    Belexes, Ulrin and kizant like this.
  4. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

News Flash!

SK class complains.

In other news, Twinkies are offered in new, unusual flavors. Will you be buying some?
    Metanis likes this.
  5. Tappin Augur

Just my 2 cents... LT part of SK's overall mitigation, need to make sure you have plenty of mana for it. The new DoTs just cost too much mana to be used frequently.
  6. Tappin Augur

There was no reason for the change, just a waste of dev time in my view.
  7. forum troll Elder

So the newest content mobs should be soloable with no merc and your mana should stay full, gotcha
  8. Mazame Augur

And SK are still getting a focus paragon next patch
  9. gulbinator New Member

I mean sk's don't dot raid mobs, trash dies too quickly in groups, and we use melee burns on nameds, so on the surface any changes to dots at this point are whatever.
  10. Criton New Member

If they were useless before, and still useless now, then whats the difference?
    Even if they cost more mana , they're still useless. Maybe that's where the focus should lie,
    making them useful.