New Shard Drop Rate

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by krozman, Oct 17, 2012.

1. Cakeny Augur

Why is TLC needed? Just have mobs drop them based on their level like they do for tradeskill items.
    Vouivre likes this.
  2. Barton The Mischievous

Tlc was a bad idea, and still is a bad idea
  3. Bendi Lorekeeper

So, playing almost every night since they started dropping for 2-4 hours each night. I have still never seen any of these drop in T4 HOT. o_O
  4. Mary Poppins Augur

So this IS the direction EQ is heading now, as I had feared. :(
  5. Rainbowdash Augur

Nothing really wrong with that imo. It needs tweaked a bit. But then again so does RNG (which needs it bad... I STILL think it can read players' minds...) but that is necessary to the game's survival as well.
  6. Mary Poppins Augur

Yeah well, the devil IS in the details, although I disagree with you about it being necessary for the game's survival. It does address a legitimate concern, but I definitely don't think the TLC is the answer.

As the game goes on and players continue to level, more and more content will become "trivial" and therefore susceptible to the TLC. Right now it's limited, but if the use of the TLC becomes more wide-spread, it can potentially lead to a lot of headaches down the road.

I see the TLC as more of a slippery slope that if used very sparingly is not a big deal, but has the potential to get out of hand quickly. I see a lot of problems if it starts to be considered a normal/regular feature in the game (and the vibe I'm getting from Pie's response is that this is already the case in their minds).

I totally agree with you about the RNG. I have my own theories about how that thing is actually designed to work.
  7. Cakeny Augur

You have to sacrifice newbies to the loot gods to get RNG in your favor.
    Mary Poppins likes this.
  8. Cloudia Augur

Newbies?! no wonder it hasn't been working for me. I have always sacraficed Virgin White Chickens, and when money was tight substituted woodelf rangers.
    As soon as they start using TLC code they will slop over just like summoning, that was intended as a Boss Mob mechanism but then became default on any mob over a certain level.
    Or like that horribly failed experiment in anti-kiting where a mob in motion took little to no damage from dots. Sure the mob was both snared and rooted, while a plate class tank was engaged in melee, but the server still determined that said mob was in motion and cancelled all dps from dots.
  9. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Currently it is not working, we are getting drops at level 95 which are coded as level 71 - 85 only.....these either shouldn't be dropping for level 95's or should be allowed to be used by level 95's.
    Ronak likes this.
  10. Mary Poppins Augur

The TLC only restricts what would have otherwise dropped from a "trivial" mob you killed - it doesn't determine what you get based on your level. What you describe also sucks, but it's a different (design?) issue.
  11. Ronak Augur

By bumped I hope you mean increased 10000%. The drop rate is obviously broken.
  12. Laurana Augur

I've only ever seen two drop, both from the same mob in Sepulcher off a skeleton type mob in the center area while working the three-colored pool quest. They were the lvl 100 ones, so they certainly can drop in Sep, but are insanely rare and should not be farmed there.
  13. Wadin Pureheart New Member

Is this thread locked?
  14. obelix Lorekeeper

i killed few mobs in beta tuesday , (nov 20 ), and 2 mobs in row dropped shards , i hope to get the same kind of drops on live servers :confused:
  15. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

The soft release of RoF is on Test Server right now with the new drop rates, I can report that the drop rates are greatly increased and these will no longer be a PITA to obtain.
  16. wingz-83 Augur

ATTENTION!
    Now that the NDA is not in effect anymore apparnetly these are ONLY for ports (wiz/druid) and or a once per day 2 hour reuse port item (thanks Riou). Apparently that's all this quest is for.
  17. Riou EQResource

2 Hour re-use, and you have to do a Quest + Max Ally
  18. smash Augur

In other words, a waste of time. There other ways to get to there just as fast ;) 1 of them guild portal..
  19. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

Yep it was a waste of time.
  20. Riou EQResource

Sure, but you can click the ring reward from anywhere and it is 0 platinum per use where GH portal probably will cost you plat (unless you luck out and it's already set), It also makes you zone 1 less time and brings you closer to the portals to every RoF zone vs the pre order? or regular click from getting RoF