New severs / old issues

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Runzen, May 2, 2017.

1. Runzen Elder

Devs, while I understand you guys are under several different time / revenue goals or constraints ... always having to keep the influx of cash healthy. The issues are piling up and we the users are having less and less fun with the game anymore. Anchors not working, plot items vanishing, spells not working, discs not working, npc pathing, constant crashes and so on. There are enough issues that are known right now, that haven't been addressed and the community is expected to live with it. I am writing to not threaten or berate, but rather, ask for your help to get the known issues fixed before pushing another server live, before starting HH at the end of May. Hell put the new expansion (whatever it may be) on the back burner until the game is stable and playable again. (assuming there is one in the works)

I know that it has to be rough when it seems your hard work is unappreciated, I get that. But the loyal fan base is getting fed up. We want / need these issues fixed to enjoy the game. We work with you guys when you mess with our classes, but there is an assumption there by the players I think. It goes something like, well the devs can mess with my class tweak this or that, as long as the game is playable i'll deal with those changes (within reason). As of late though, it seems the playable aspect has been lacking, as noted above. When the game becomes virtually unplayable, the tried and true customers are going to go elsewhere. I am seeing long time (in-game) friends leaving all the time because they are simply tired of the gameplay issues.

Thanks for reading
    Carnage likes this.
  2. Carnage New Member

So glad someone else sees the same crap I do. Very well said, Runzen. Let's just hope this doesn't go unseen, or passed over. Too many issues that keep getting smoke screened. Again, very well said.
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

I suspect data base upgrades are the culprits in all the issues we have been having for several months. I think Daybreak could have gotten on top of this by highlighting upgrades they were making and that unexpected game issues may come up but sell us on what the benefits of the upgrades are even if it was as simple as saying it is the only way to keep EQ going.

We have seen:
    Server stability issues, (months of constant server crashes)
    Account issues adding subscriptions
    Account issues accessing accounts (forgot password process, secret question errors)
    Guild neighbourhood issues (getting renumbered multiple times till in my guilds case I think our main guild hood is listed as #4 even though it was the first created
    Accessing guild halls
    Issues with Anchors
    Instances crashing or being unavailable
    Character log in issues
    Chat Lag issues
    Pet death issues (not one I consider a problem but others definitely did) and sounds like advance notice could have been given (I guess that would have saved a few expensive pet toys but not many in my mind)

I don't include this
    OLD OS issues with Launcher. People were living on borrowed time for the last two years not Daybreak's fault.

If I have missed any issues feel free to add them.

Whatever they have been doing has been causing multiple disruptions and something should have been done in advance to lay the groundwork for all this. Periodic exp bonus days, double spawn days, small marketplaces sales over and above regular such offerings could have been done as this process continues as a thank you for your patience.

Maybe every one of these issues are completely unrelated and have nothing whatsoever to do with each other. But if a lot of this is related to some overall database upgrade then Daybreak should have had a plan in advance of how to deal with any problems that came up including comping players for the inconveniences.

I am one of those people who think a lot of players over react big time on a lot of individual inconveniences that players deal with due to EQ hiccups. But taken in aggregate I think it is reasonable for people to expect more from Daybreak. Communicate with us about the behind the scenes things and have special player appreciation days as we all get through whatever process seems to be causing all these issues. This is not about rewarding whining but just about good customer service.
    Jumbur likes this.
  4. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Agree completely, there are enough serious issues with EQ, that should have higher priority, than, for example a new calendar feature.

Server stability/performance(AB is plagued by severe chat-lag for example), that affects many players needs to be addressed as soon as possible. Atm we are not even sure they are looking into at all, since DBG has been rather quiet on those issues.
    I think alot of players would like to know if it is being investigated, or if DBG is simply giving up(I doubt it, but you never know:confused:). People have a tendency to assume the worst in this kind of situation where no info is given, and it is not in DBG's favour that people assume the worst...