New servers ASAP. Covid-19 and people home

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Dakotou, Mar 26, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

So you want new TLP so that the bots move off Mangler to infest the new servers?

Yeah I can see that perspective, but what if when the new TLP unlock they don't draw the bots from Mangler & the bots on Mangler are happy there & want to stay?
    code-zero likes this.
  2. Kurage_of_Luclin Augur

what if they just double up and make twice as many bots
    Skuz likes this.
  3. HoodenShuklak Augur

The easy krono is in classic eras so that's where the toxic rmt flock.
  4. Zansobar Augur

I was replying to a post about the ability of DPG to adjust to working from home, and how we should be grateful that DPG is even working on the new TLP servers from home.
  5. Karhar Dream Crusher

They are just trying to get on the server quicker to quit then complain and wait for a new tlp server...
  6. Lowlife Lorekeeper

I've been on mangler only a few months now. I read on the forums about bots destroying everything and was pretty apprehensive about making a character here. Bots or bot armies haven't impacted my game play whatsoever. Why do you and others keep saying its destroying the game for you? I'm genuinely curious where the bot destruction is happening.
  7. Dakotou New Member

Not true. People close to me are on the front lines and I am one of those locked down on the West Coast. So much anger and finger pointing. People can compartmentalize. Requesting a server as soon as possible doesn't equate to crying or bashing anyone and it doesn't mean they don't care or understand what is going on. Don't project your anger onto me for asking.
  8. Dakotou New Member

A lot of assumptions are being made about people who bring up releasing the servers as soon as they can. This is a video game forum where we are talking about a video game, in a forum where it was announced new servers would be launching soon. I don't think it is wrong to talk about it.
  9. Zansobar Augur

Well "soon" meant in two more months when they announced that...
  10. code-zero Augur

Having seen the posts about the same "bots" from the same group of posters I've hypothesized that the complainers are cyberstalking the objects of their ire. I can imagine them having gnome necro's they leveled up for the sole purpose of lying FD near the camp of the imagined bots (maybe real bots though I doubt the ability of those people to actually be able to tell the difference between a talented group of friends, a well boxed crew or an actual bot crew), Anyway they watch for hours and then come here to complain.

Yeah yeah I know the argument, "they are always there when I am there". Let me tell you a story about a time when they weren't there. I was camping something in a TSS zone and was spending nearly 12 hours a day, actually rushed to work and logged on EQ in the background being sure to get to work before the placeholder spawned. I /bugged it and even /petition and I got a reply that checking the records the named and spawned about normally as the RNG allowed. Late one night I got up and logged on and there was someone else in the spot. They'd also been camping for about 3 days and had met the last person who had gotten the named. The zone was always empty during the day while I camped yet there'd always been at least 2 other crews there as well and I never met them during my time there. Another time I was camping the dusty soriz workers pouch with my wizard and like clockwork just as I logged off a monk who was camping the same logged on, we'd chat and I'd log for the night.

I can just imagine that little gnome necro lying there FD watching those events and imagining that evil botters were there ruining EQ for them
  11. Piznut Angry Gnome

Uh oh, Technical hurdles...does that mean new TLP's will come out when account transfers do?
  12. Magic Augur

A lot of people are always waiting for the server in March, it's true, now this number has become even higher for Covid reasons.
    Someone says no need of new TLP because of bots/farmers there, but for you Mangler players it will be ideal, isn't it? Some bots/box crew will leave to new servers and you can play safe. Just not play on new servers and you will be ok. For me no bots/boxers will not interfere with the game.
  13. Sikkun Augur

Probably stems from the continual creation of new threads demanding the servers be released now due to the virus.....you people are using it as an opportunity to demand something be done NOW, when it was already said it wouldn’t be and you didn’t like that answer. You were given a timeline, it had nothing to do with COVID, but apparently that timeline wasn’t good enough.
  14. Beep Elder

Are you saying the servers don't have bootstraps?
  15. Dakotou New Member

I have read the forums. I don't see this "demanding" or "crying" or "bashing" that a few keep bringing up. I am the OP of this thread and I never did any of those things. I see a few posts, including mine, that either suggest or ask about the timeline of the new servers. I simply made a suggestion. I could argue this point but it's not important.

Everquest has always been an escape for me. A place to forget about the stresses of life for a few hours a day. I hope this community can come together and be place of support and positivity. We are all in this together and I hope that we can support one another and not point fingers or take out our frustrations and fears on each other.
    Maneuvre likes this.
  16. dreamweaver Community Manager

This thread is a redux of quite a few other threads and turning towards personal attacks pretty quickly and has been locked. If you'd like to continue the debate without attacking each other please find one of the other threads this conversation is occurring in.
    Kurage_of_Luclin likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.