new server

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by mage101, Dec 11, 2014.

1. mage101 Elder

any plans for a new non progression server in the near future?
  2. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Not likely. New standard rule servers really don't do all that well, see Trakanon.
  3. mage101 Elder

its the first 6 months that everyone loves tbh
    vox was super fun.
  4. Borek-VS Augur

Trakanon failed because it was launched just before the two Progression servers, and after rumours of their launch had spread.
  5. Raptorjesus5 Augur

They should create a new server once per year, then after that year is up the server gets merged into the least populated server. Rinse and repeat. Seems like a win/win to me.
    mage101 and Borek-VS like this.
  6. Elskidor Augur

Why has Trakanon not been merged? One could argue about Fippy and Vulak until the cows come home ( where the hell do cows go?), but there isn't any reason for Trakanon not to be merged that I can think of.
  7. Fendy Augur

(cows go out to pasture to graze)
    Elskidor likes this.
  8. mage101 Elder

so plans for new server in near future?
    if heroic characters were allowed think of the millions of SC that would be dumped into it.
    could make it gold sub only exclusive for additional revenue
  9. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Eh... It was like a year or so before the current progression servers were added. They did the original Progression servers, then the 51/50AA server, then Trakanon, and then the current Progression servers; each a year or so apart. After the TLP servers were added another new server was not added until Vox due to EQ going F2P, and SOE wanted to give those new to the game a chance to start new with others instead of on top heavy established servers.

Most of the reason why Trakanon is such a low pop is because it was just your average server, nothing special. Also, I believe that it launched around the same time as a new expansion, so a lot of those who might have messed around on it at least early on were busy leveling their existing mains; and missed the early server firsts after which they weren't as interested.
  10. Borek-VS Augur

I just checked, and my oldest character on Vulak was started in Feb 2011, and my oldest character on Trakanon was in September 2010. I believe these were both day one characters. So... longer gap than I thought, shorter than you did :). New expansion launch was therefore very likely a factor with Trakanon, as you suggest.