New Server Transfer Rules - 09/08/2020

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by SunDrake, Sep 9, 2020.

1. Tweakfour17 Augur

According to a paste of a message from a dev in the test patch notes thread, no. Only the specific examples cited are programmed. That could always change but for now nothing is set to automatically change based on era and requires human intervention and a server outage to change.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I would expect for Gates of Discord to have to unlock on Aradune (September 15 2021) first before Agnarr would be added to the list of servers that may transfer to Aradune.
  3. Tymeless Augur

My guess is while that is currently not possible for people to go to aradune from agnarr currently. This seems like their way of being able to setup seasonal servers that can either feed into agnarr when they are complete of their cycle or a way for characters to jump from future PoP locked servers if they don't want to stay there anymore. so that they can invest in a seasonal approach to new tlps moving forward.
  4. code-zero Augur

Aradune has the most restrictive ruleset of all being True Box/ 2 box so no one is ever going to be allowed to transfer to Aradune from any other server
    Skuz likes this.
  5. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I don't agree with that take on it.

While the current position is that Truebox is not going to be removed from any TLP servers while they are still in TLP status the conversation amongst the devs around removing Truebox from older TLP is still ongoing & nothing as yet has been decided upon.

The conversation around what happens to TLP servers with Truebox & AoC etc once they become live status has not even started amongst the devs as far as I am aware - likely it won't be discussed until much closer to that actually happening, though I did start a thread on that topic.

It will likely be January before we hear anything about either Truebox removal or what happens to the TLP that will hit live status in 2021 although Dreamweaver has assured me he is making every effort to get the question about removing Truebox from older TLP properly discussed & decided upon before the end of 2020.

Selos unlocks ToV Febrary 03 2020 - live status in March
    Phinigel unlocks ToV February 24 2020 - live status in May
    .........................................................................................................
    Miragul unlocks ToV September 08 2021 - live status January 26 2022*
    (*after 8 weeks of Expansion #27)
    Tweakfour17 likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Excellent point, that had slipped my mind.
  7. Captain Video Augur

The 2-box part is GM-enforced (at least theoretically), so if someone wanted to transfer and live by that restriction, it shouldn't be an obstacle. The other piece of the puzzle is that Aradune is very full, and if it remains so past PoP they might say just forget it regardless of rulesets or gearing issues.
  8. TLPman Augur

open transfers to aradune just cuz it would be fun to watch :)
  9. VandilIzer Augur

Pretty sure you meant those to be 2021 so fixed for you <3 ...=P
    Skuz likes this.
  10. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

I did indeed :D
  11. Gnothappening Augur

I don't see how allowing transfer from Firiona open loot is good. Other than that, I'm all for it.
  12. Fudly Elder

This seems like a great change.
  13. Captain Video Augur

Previous response edited.

Because FV is considered "less restrictive", the new rule means you can transfer to it but not from it. The programming that was done for the cross-server shared character DB may make it possible to transfer off of FV and they would filter your inventory, but I guess that's not going in at the present time.
  14. HoodenShuklak Augur

What server has a community that doesn't buy the last 1 tradeskill item off every ghat damn vendor?
  15. Talimat Elder

I sure hope not.
  16. Captain Video Augur

Test. But it does reboot more often.
  17. KermittheFroglok Augur

That argument doesn't make any sense. Are you really arguing that because DBG has GM's enforce certain boxing limits and DBG can't rely solely on a system to do so, we should be able to pretend its not a rule for these purposes?

A rule is a rule and there is a difference between going from a more boxing friendly server compared to a less boxing friendly server in that you could individually farm gear easier on the boxing friendly server. The rule set comparison is to prevent people from transferring from a server where they had an obvious advantage in gearing/leveling.
  18. Sikkun Augur

What’s it really matter? They might get the PoTime world record clear!?
  19. Captain Video Augur

They aren't allowing it in the current ruleset, so I was talking a hypothetical. I'm not seeing an obvious advantage of one player boxing six on Rizlona vs. one guild boxing two hundred and six on Aradune. They're making no attempt to stop the latter, so why fuss about the former? IMHO, the 2-box rule on Aradune has been made into a complete joke because of that aspect. You couldn't pay me to play there right now.
  20. Tweakfour17 Augur

I agree, I can see the argument about not letting riz - > aradune, but not allowing a non true box server to transfer to a truebox server in a later era (maybe have a disclaimer acknowledge its truebox just to CYA) makes no sense. Same with FV to a non FV style. If you leave this hypothetical FV server in pop and transfer to say SoD then who cares? What are they bringing with them that's going to destroy the economy or game balance?