New Server should be Zekk/PvP TLP :)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by TheGraveLord, Feb 9, 2013.

1. TheGraveLord New Member

Face it, one of the most popular servers that EQ used to have were the PvP servers (afaik: they still are).

Imagine having a Zekk oriented FippyDarkpaw Server :p? (Obviously not fippy, but the ruleset etc, only PvP)

I can dream right :)?
  2. Potus Journeyman

Sony somehow seems opposed to even acknowledging there is PvP in EQ. I'd love a pvp progression server, but someone at Sony doesn't.
  3. Meledy New Member

Please soe,DO IT!
  4. Lansett New Member

I'd love that.
    I bet a PVP progression server would last longer than a blue server.
  5. Saero Andronicus New Member

maybe you should read the forums instead of creating your own thread on this....everyday someone posts their own progression thread when this has been discussed numerous times...do some research and stop annoying board readers
  6. Gindorn New Member

If pvp was as popular as you state,there would be more than one pvp server. Face it,most people don't like playing a game where you're constantly attacked by someone 5+ levels above you and twinked with all uber gear,so you die within seconds...you'd have to be psychotic to enjoy that scenario.
    Mellifleur likes this.
  7. JohnathanXFR New Member

I love PVP.. Dong get me wrong... But honestly I think it would fail. After 3-4 months or so people are going to get tired of being slaughtered and quit/ go back to their blue servers.

The server also won't progress very far or take A LONG time to do so since PVP seems to delay everything... Xping, raiding, PLing etc.

I was on Zek for over 7 years and had the #2 65 SK on all servers. It was fun... Don't get me wrong... But I just don't see people sticking around... Especially the bluebies who don't know how critical insta clickys/ dispells are.
  8. JohnathanXFR New Member

I'll also add in GM's won't want to deal with all the petitions and drama with hackers n such. Kinda ruins the game ya know? I could see people leaving EQ for good after getting their handed to them repeatedly.

Also- people are less likley to help out others with buffs/ epic fights n such.

Yah..... PVP servers are pretty cut-throat and very competitive
  9. JohnathanXFR New Member

I've taken out full groups solo several times. Catch the cleric sitting down... Double for max# +HT= dead cleric. Next take out any casters.... Load them with dots before they're smart enough to run... Snare/. LT any other healers in group (rangers w/e). Life tap tank to death. GG.

U sure that's what u want to do?
  10. BrandeX Journeyman

You're deluding yourself with the "popularity". The PvP servers have always been the lowest population servers available. I don't doubt they would have been merged away/closed by now other than the sgtaff feeling they should keep at least one around for the 100 or so people that still use PvP Zek.
  11. Xirtket Augur

IF they were to do this, it needs to be a server with 0 rules on pvp, and 0 restrictions on spells etc (aka no limitiations on anything like there is now) Like a free for all, it would be fun.
  12. Potus Journeyman

That isn't true. Rallos Zek had overcrowding issues at launch and Vallon/Tallon/Rallos were all very, very popular for a couple of years. Unsurprisingly, the developers ignoring PvP (particularly balance with spells) coincided with server population declines.
  13. CasualMaker New Member

It doesn't seem to matter which game they are currently playing, all PvP'ers (who regularly post on forums) appear to be utterly delusional about the popularity of PvP. So they constantly post about how "everyone" (ie. their personal circle of friends) loves to PvP, and how there need to be more PvP servers. The fact that PvP servers are the first to go when the crunch hits can't get through to them.
  14. Gabejenkins Journeyman

Actually the pvp servers were the first to go when years of neglect caused population declines from overflowing levels they were at originally

So if by crunch you actually don't mean crunch, then sure

Welp, goodbye EQ. 12 years was a good run, off and on, but that's the one thing that pretty much kills it for me. well played.
  15. Elenwyyi Augur

Oh wow a dev response after all this time -things really are changing in this new management shakeup! Perhaps you're in a sharing enough mood to say if the team is still committed long term to Zek server? Or if we're going to some changes (ie mothballing it) in the future?
  16. jagarr Augur

shame. pvp server would've been fun but at this point i'd settle for pretty much ANY TLPS ruleset =P

oh well, back to Fippy for now. nice to know a vulak/fippy merge is in the works though!
  17. Potus Journeyman

I wouldn't get your hopes up for revitalizing EQ then.
  18. Aliana Sunstar New Member

Uhhh, Xirtket.. go do a google search for "Fansy the Famous Bard" and realize why a 0 rules Zek style TLP server would be a very very bad idea
    Eikkan likes this.
  19. Oberon Augur

GMs trying to figure out who trained who is complete waste of their time and resources. When you join a pvp server you should know what you're getting into

If SOE is worried about not getting enough payback from a new pvp server then put up a kickstarter, You'll definitely get more money than you would have generated in the end that's for certain
  20. oisjafoij Augur

seems most ppl clamoring for pvp (all 5 of you) already play everquest or seem to really enjoy the forums at least. So what point is there to making a server to please all 5 of you, odds are you play, still play, buy station cash etc etc. As long as people keep spending $25 on a large bag you wont have to worry about a dead pvp server outside zek~