New Server - New possible 3 box

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Azuro, Feb 21, 2018.

1. Azuro New Member

Hi

I currently 3 box on Agnarr, using Enchanter (main) , Mage and Cleric
    I've also used Enchanter / Druid / Cleric, however as much as I love the enchanter, the charming of the pet and it breaking every few mins is really annoying so when the new server is released am considering maining a Necro ( always wanted to be one )

Question is...
    If I main a Necro - which other classes go well with it for soloing if need be?
    Although i'll try get a group when a login first.

Was thinking Necro / Mage / Shaman or Necro / Beastlord / Cleric (when luclin is released)

Thanks
  2. Dezzax Journeyman

IMO beastlord has been annoying to box, constant positioning for melee. I would say enchanter for cc and then obviously a healer. Druid could add more dots, along with the enchanter as well. Druid can port. Cleric has bomb heals. Up to you really. Nec/Dru/Enc would be my suggestion.
  3. Time Burn Augur

Wasn't Agnarr designed to encourage grouping? Oh, wait... you're here to ask about yet another box set up, my bad!
  4. jeskola pheerie

you almost had it right. Enc/Mag/Dru.
    Brunlin and Ronzark like this.
  5. Brunlin Augur

Enchanter, druid, mage...you wont be disappointed. I know you want the cleric for Complete heal for the charms, but The Druids bring so much more in the way of utility on a fresh server, Sow, ports, snares,heals,buffs,succor...and when you are max level and want to level something else best dmg shield power leveler in game.
    Ronzark likes this.
  6. BearmanSW Elder

Basically, you want NEC / SHM / [ ].

The shaman is necessary to keep your pet alive. Necro pets can't tank worth a damn without an effective slow. Bard slow is not sufficient in many cases, and heals are almost always needed, regardless of slow. If you plan on fear kiting your way to the top, you probably want an enchanter to keep the potential adds at bay.

The blank space really depends on your playstyle.
    Love being able to travel? Use Druid / Wizard
    Love the extra security blanket? Use Cleric / Enchanter
    Love looting sweet new armor and weapons? Use a tank of some sort
    Love that bard speed? Use Bard

Are you an EQ masochist? Just make all (3) Rogues and forget the necro.

Personally, I would go with NEC / SHM / ENC. The enchanter's tash and clarity really opens up the shamans arsenal. One of my biggest grievances with a shaman is that their spells are frequently resisted (unless you're fighting LBs all the time), and tash basically removes that issue. I also love the security blanket that the enchanter offers, in addition to the potential for some serious charm damage if you change your mind.

NEC / SHM / BRD would be decent too, but I feel like for a 3-box, the enchanter brings more to the table.
    Ronzark likes this.
  7. BearmanSW Elder

8. BearmanSW Elder

9. Barc Lorekeeper

I did Cleric / Magician / Bard and regretted it. Never got it to work properly. Might have been different with Cleric / Magician / Enchanter, or a druid instead of a Cleric. Who knows.

That one just didnt do much, lacking both damage and CC. Was decent if i picked up a tank though.
  10. HoodenShuklak Augur

Druid for ports is really playstyle...

Fwiw you can always buy a port for 20 to 50 plat. Im not sure how much clerics charge to complete heal for you or rez in dungeons. I bet its pricey though.
  11. Brunlin Augur

This 3 box is probably the best 3 box combo in the game on a fresh start progression hands down.

Druid is great to any box, give me a druid over shammy or cleric any day on a box with no melees. Druid brings more than just ports. Druid has a lot of control in the way of movement, Charm breaks, oom on Chanter, Druid saves your life by locking mob down. As for Complete heals, yea its good on Charms but i would Gladly sac that for the Druids Utility. With 3 casters in a box, why would you need a rez? Bind Close to the target area. Xp loss from a death will be gain back quickly, oh and if you get good at this box you shouldnt die much if at all.
    Ronzark likes this.
  12. Palawin Elder

I had a pretty fun time playing this as a kiting group:

Necro / Druid / Bard
  13. HoodenShuklak Augur

ask a enc/clr farmer how much krono they make... then compare that to the plat the druid makes.

Spoiler alert ive already done both.