New Server Ideas

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Rcbauer, Aug 15, 2022.

1. Rcbauer Augur

TSS Start
    True Box
    Max of 3 toons per player

Make it so.
  2. Healiez Augur

I think TSS and truebox would be a bad idea...

I feel like the server would be pretty popular at first, and true box might be needed. However I think that a truebox restriction would overall hurt the server pretty soon down the line.
    Skuz likes this.
  3. Rcbauer Augur

you can box 2 extra.
  4. Tweakfour17 Augur

Truebox at this point in the game is a detriment not a benefit. DOA server for that alone.
    Appren and Skuz like this.
  5. Timmyboi Dunning Kruger Award Winner

Agreed, truebox has outstayed its welcome, at least after GoD
    Appren and Skuz like this.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

no thanks on Truebox at that point blegh
    Appren likes this.
  7. Vlorg Augur

yes on TSS start.

Truebox just make it annoying for the average Joe who want a Selo / Mana song bot following him around ; it does nothing to stop krono farmer armies.
    Skuz likes this.
  8. Rcbauer Augur

Stopped a bunch on Aradune in the last month or two.
  9. Vlorg Augur

for how many days before they come back?
  10. Triconix Augur

If you want max of 3 players per person it would need to be relaxed truebox so you can box them all on one PC. Forcing people to play on multiple PCs and wasting physical hardware and resources to play a video game is not intelligent.
    Appren, Koshk, Skuz and 2 others like this.
  11. McJumps TLP QoL Activist

Exactly, couldn't have said it better myself. If you are going to allow 3 boxes, allow relaxed Truebox at the very least. Everything else sounds like a good idea. I will never play on any TLP server that starts before TSS again, mostly because they refuse to do anything about the level 70 slump that destroys the population on these servers.
    Skuz likes this.
  12. Rcbauer Augur

I'll allow it.
  13. Kujoe Lorekeeper

What is the draw for a TSS start? Is it the belief that you would have a thriving, robust player base at this era of EQ? Do classes become well rounded with spells and AA that early EQ didn't provide? Are there better quests or, group activity outside of raiding alone?

I wont argue that TSS is a good re-entry point for returning players, and a good jumping off point if a server were to start here. But, I would wager a decent number of the TLP re-rollers are looking for classic-pop era, plus or minus an expansion. It would be interesting to see how the later expansions look with robust pug groups, casual and raid guilds, and overall populated zone activity.
  14. Triconix Augur

Yes.

Regular TLP servers are artificially densely populated at the beginning because of RMTers following the casual TLPmillers. There's also an influx of people going to new TLPs specifically to farm krono for their other "home" servers before departing. That's why you almost always see a significant population drop off within a month or two. Just look at Yelinak. Even Aradune went from weeks of multi hour queues to immediately being able to log in. Why is that? Population dropped off a cliff from the temporary transplants on the server.

For that reason, it's very doubtful a TSS will be as large an audience as a regular TLP, but that doesn't mean it's a failure of a server. TSS start TLP will almost guarantee minimal kronolord/bot RMT crews being on the server. That immediately makes the server less toxic and more attractive to people who want to experience "later era" content. The reason? It's much harder for naked groups of mages, necro, shams, or combination of those to lock down the valuable camps in TSS. Couple that with the fact that basically anything of value in a group setting in TSS is no drop and no group gear surpasses raid gear (unlike classic). It makes the flipping of items for plat and krono more troublesome and not worth the effort for automated crews.
    code-zero, Skuz and Rcbauer like this.
  15. Nighthawk Lorekeeper

I'd be all for a TSS start. Maybe a modified true box with 1 or 2 boxes to start then phase it out after a certain expansion. But either way I'll take a TSS start anyway I can get it.
  16. jeskola pheerie

Hard mode server: all player buffs disabled
  17. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Truebox only has value in the era of the game where all content is open-world, by the time the game enters GoD+ content there is scant little worth doing open world besides farming AA & tradeskill materials.

TSS start is a great place, but Truebox by that point is completely unwarranted.

FTFY
    code-zero likes this.
  18. Triconix Augur

Real hardcore: You get electro shock therapy each time your char dies.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Buffing is tedious AF so I disagree. Maybe not hard mode but I just want to not have to rebuff ever again!