New Server Ideas Poll

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Evye, Jun 18, 2021.

1. Evye Augur

So I made a google forum again.
    I threw up some ideas from the forums on there.
    I know that sounds a little boring but here is the cool part.
    You can "add other"
    When you click add other put a short description of your server idea.
    I will check the poll a few times a day and add the Idea to the official list people can vote on.

Feel free to post and expand and comment on it.

Click here to take the poll!
    Elskidor likes this.
  2. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

No thanks.
  3. The real Sandaormo Augur

party pooper
    Fenthen likes this.
  4. Leerah Augur

I see DBG's motivation. They regret the decision to go F2P, so they're making the blue servers so intolerable that people pay just to have someone to play with again.

Lee of Ghost Server, Povar
  5. KarmaKitty Augur

I would like to see them use the in game polling function to gather player feedback on
    key questions guiding the future of the game. What key questions ? I don't know or care.
    It would just be nice to see them doing something visibly (pro)active.

Especially, if they are porting to a new engine.
    Fenthen likes this.
  6. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

There have been several chats/interviews/posts about why the team made a decision to stop using polls.

1. They get abused in a variety of ways.
    2. The results are almost always disputed even if as much as could be done to prevent 1 happening was done.
    3. Accusations of the the staff manipulating the results to be what they wanted to actually do before they even made the poll are commonplace.
    4. Counter polling to a popular choice, or even one imagined to be a popular as a "spoiler vote" is a laughably common activity, this is a direct result of most polls being anonymous, and any time you make anything anonymous people's worst behaviour is frequently their go to option. Humans are almost all absolutely terrible when you remove consequences for their actions.

Case in point, the "race/class combo" polls that were conducted, utter fiasco, I'm convinced the terrible choices that were winners were simply a result of successful mass-trolling & the tears that were shed were sustanance for them for decades.
    Fenthen likes this.
  7. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

No more news servers until the lag and other issues are fixed
    Fenthen likes this.
  8. chocster Lorekeeper

Agree with lag, pathing, bugs, need fixing.
    DBG can't seem to fix stuff that needs to be fixed, but they sure do have the resources, maintenance men, and drive to make more servers.
    They should worry about future content and lag issues!
    Fenthen likes this.
  9. Spellfire Augur

I agree with this. Fix lag and other issues before creating new servers.
    Fenthen likes this.
  10. Jumbur Improved Familiar

Reverse progression sever:

You start at level 115 max AA + raidgear, and have to complete all the progressions for all the expansions.

BUT, you can't earn XP, and you can't get a rez, ever! :p
    You have to take the XP loss.

Just kidding...

I like your idea of a Jail-server though. :)
  11. Gnomereaper Augur

1. PvP progression server
    2. Quarm server rules that have different rules set systems and different races for end game raiders. I believe this is what would bring in more seasonal players outside of the typical raiding season.

Offer up different smaller races on the achievement end, such as first for tradeskills and such that get special titles on that server.

A full server that is entirely all about achievement, racing, and competition to an end point such as defeating Quarm or Mata Muram.

I believe approaching people that live for the thrill of the Achievement system could come up with some interesting approaches and such for the individual player so that way non raiders have something to race for. Thrill for a short lived, high competition server with a distinct end. Then restart the race and set new ends and rules set that are popular.

The other factor would be allowing rewards such as titles and achievements to be transferred to a main as well. Arguably this is why I believe there needs to be account wide achievements, though, similar to World of Warcraft so that these kinds of racing server can be more popular.
  12. Accipiter Old Timer

I think something like League of Legends started that trend. Cheat all you want, we'll just put you on a server with your kind.
  13. quakedragon Augur

I'd like this, I think WoW is still around because of its open world PvP.
    With EQ I'd like Sullon Zek ruleset server, basically 3 teams, good vs evil vs neutral
    The difference between WoW pvp and EQ pvp is WoW is team based, horde vs alliance. EQ pvp now, its free for all, no teams, so its not friendly for newer players, they have no one to seek refuge and hide behind since everyone is the enemy.

Thats why I think PvP team based, Sullon Zek ruleset would be good. Progression along with it too.
    I was in Zek general and people went on and on about current day EQ PvP, "whoever attacks first wins", I'm guessing because people get melted too fast nowdays. You attack late you lose. The only balance I assume was probably back then when they had multiple PvP servers. Having played other MMORPG's pvp is never balanced, but in EQ, all I hear is that no one stands a chance, whoever attacks first wins.
  14. Tucoh Augur

Completely disinterested in new live servers.

The new TLP servers offer that fresh server feeling if you're itching for it.