New Server Idea

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Balthen, Oct 9, 2019.

1. Whulfgar Augur

Ok kewl so its exactly what I said .. Strawman arguement..

Raid loots are not augs. Raid loots are the discussion.

Anyone on any server can farm any thing in grp content an sell it.

Not anyone on any server can farm an sell RAID LOOTS ..

But you can keep going on your strawman arguement.. cause it makes zero sense when the topic is RAID loot farm / sell ..
  2. Yimin Augur

You really are showing how little you know about EQ and what strawman means ! Not all augs can be bought and sold on none free trade servers , but on Brekt you can buy and sell almost any aug and this chat had nothing to do with just raiding , so please learn what a strawman is , and also learn that if you farm group items and sell those items and buy Krono with them , you in turn have earned anything you buy with Krono including raid items ......

YiMin
  3. Whulfgar Augur

Every aug in the game 100% can be sold.. Stop lie'ing please.

It had to do with selling loot. Every server there is for every everquest there is .. You sell loot.

so please learn what a strawman is YiMin[/quote]

Straw man is one type of logical fallacy.

Straw man occurs when someone argues that a person holds a view that is actually not what the other person believes. ..

The strawman here is YOU .. portraying that raid loot is equal to grp obtainable gear enhancing augs.

My side of this is that No not on any server in any world of EQ is a current Aug .. the same as even 1 peice of current raid gear price wise.

You seem to think they are the same.

You seem to think on blue server's you can not sell augs. Which is kinda a logical fallacy on your part because you or I or anyone who gets an aug to drop from nameds. Can in fact sell that aug at LEAST one time. (This is for every single aug in the game .. )

Again .. keep your strawman arguements to yourself.
  4. Schadenfreude Augur

Really?
  5. Maedhros High King

I've got a great idea for a new server. Don't make one.
    Improve and enhance the ones we already have.
  6. Raccoo Augur

Really, you can sell no drop items. Have a limited time to, but you can.
  7. Whulfgar Augur

Kill named that drops aug..

Join general chat..

Aug for sale.. (And now you have til the corpse rots to sell that Aug.)

Yes.
  8. Balthen Lorekeeper

That's a huge stretch for items can be sold. That's like saying the Louisiana land purchase was just a simple real estate transaction. Technically correct but really....

Thank's everyone for high jacking my boxing server idea though....=P
    Whulfgar likes this.
  9. Balthen Lorekeeper

The issue is that ideas that improve boxing would easily be exploited on a regular live server. However I get it, you do not want to split limited developer resources.

Just wanted to toss the idea around, I feel like boxer's are the 1% of the tax base in US. We pay the bulk of the bills but get nothing except negative press and everything being catered to the other 99%.
  10. Whulfgar Augur

Exactly how raid items are won via fake currency held by what ever guild they are in to purchase raid items..

I see no difference between the two only in one (raid settings) you are spending fake currency (DKP) and in the other you are obtaining real in game wealth (plat / krono).
  11. Whulfgar Augur

I will stop on my part, as I was really into this thread as you can see via my agreement with it earlier.
  12. Warpeace Augur

Want to sell lootrights for item X, 15 minutes remaining on corpse, can CotH or add to fellowship for safe travels.

Yep never happens.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  13. Warpeace Augur

Nothing wrong with boxing, you can do it on many servers so I don't see the need for a special server. Would prefer people don't use 3rd party software to do it, not my call though.
    Whulfgar likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

So, what exactly would you suggest to change to make a server 'geared towards boxers' ?
    Or is this a case of you don't like boxers and want them removed from whatever server you play on ?
  15. code-zero Augur

It's been a long time but didn't that create lockouts on a lot of tasks and missions so that if you aren't there when the kill is made or at some point before then that there's no way to join and loot?
  16. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Here is a great idea for a new server. Don't have one. :)
  17. Whulfgar Augur

Just do the opposite of them no box servers. If the server can check if your boxing on same machine..

It can also there for do the same thing .. And if your not boxing another toon in say 2 minutes time.. it could just boot ya off the server.
  18. Schadenfreude Augur

19. Warpeace Augur

20. Yimin Augur

The most popular live server hands down FV , it would be so easy for DBG to do the same for Brekt .. just allow free transfers to Brekt for a limited time , so a raid guild or two can go there and its population will explode ....

YiMin