New/Revamped zones and era realignment

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by jeskola, Aug 10, 2019.

1. jeskola pheerie

Edit: updated with others' suggestions

I think several "add-in" zones and zone revamps need to have their release era adjusted to make them more relevant. The original concept was to stick these in the timeline they were originally released in, and in some cases this pushed these zones to the expansion after they were released. The end result is by the time they are available on a TLP, they are already outdated.

I think the concept of trying to stick to original timeline is pretty much out the window on a lot of other features, so it is probably time to consider abandoning that logic and moving some of these in order to open up the world a bit:

The Warrens - move from Kunark to Classic
    Stonebrunt - move from Velious to Kunark
    Jaggedpine - move from Luclin to Velious - gear relevance, TS items, etc
    CT revamp - move back from POP to Luclin like it was for awhile. On Sleeper it was in velious which was too early - Luclin is the proper spot.
    Veeshan's Peak 2.0 - move from OOW to GOD, the actual era is was originally released in (this still boggles my mind - dev explanation was "well it was closer to OOW release date than GOD release date" - it was released in GOD window!)
    Veksar - move from LDON to Luclin
    Chardok B (Halls of Betrayal) - move from POP to Luclin
    Solusek C (Caverns of Exile) - move from POP to Luclin

I am sure there are several other zones that could have their TLP release era realigned to better fit the actual era and encourage use.
    Chyron, Overcast451, Polekn and 7 others like this.
  2. Bobbybick Only Banned Twice

I support all of these recommendations, and would like to add -

Veksar - Luclin
    Chardok B (Halls of Betrayal) - Luclin
    rangerous, taliefer and jeskola like this.
  3. Rasper Helpdesk The Original Helpdesk

Was the Mistmoore revamp dropped entirely? It is hazy in my memory, I think it was around the time of Omens, but it didn't last long before they undid it.
    Jubilee likes this.
  4. taliefer Augur

never made sense to me why some of these zones arent added in when theyd actually see use.
  5. Dythan Ban Lev in Plane of Fire guy

If your going to go through all that trouble, also move LoY and LDoN to before PoP.
    Xhartor likes this.
  6. Baldur Augur

LDoN raids would be about worthless before PoP though, the first time you get type 8 slots is in time.
    Jubilee likes this.
  7. Hursay New Member

Having VP 2.0 be totally useless content is really sadening - Id love to see revamped zones pop out earlier (almost all of them are 1 expansion too late)
    rangerous, Jubilee, taliefer and 2 others like this.
  8. Darkhain Elder

Couldn't agree more, or maybe like 1month after each of those xpac suggested.
  9. Xhartor Augur

Some of the armor that drops on LDoN raids has type 8 slots. That armor would have a lot more value if you didn't already have Time and EP stuff.

The problem would be tweaking the level restriction on all of that gear.
    Jubilee likes this.
  10. Fistosaurus New Member

Solusek C was a thing at one point. If it would be added as well, then it should go with Veksar and Chardok B.
  11. jeskola pheerie

still no movement on this :/
  12. Captain Video Augur

Sadly, this may never get changed. All of the placements listed above were Prathun decisions, and he's gone now. it would depend a lot on whether or not anyone else on the dev team was trying to learn this old code.
  13. Xanathol Augur

He wasn't a coder. It is literally managing flags.
  14. Rcbauer Augur

GoD level locked server solves that issue!
  15. Nicorus Elder

I would add freeport sewers to the list as well, those should be classic.

Also, Veksar should be kunark or velious.

I also think they should consider adding like 3 levels to everything in Karnors and Sebilis to make those zones more relevant as alternatives to Chardok.
  16. Arclyte Augur

I demand the old freeport back
    Velisaris_MS likes this.
  17. jeskola pheerie

Updated and bumped! Can we get some of this done before 25th Anniversary TLPs please?
    Kaenneth likes this.
  18. Xhartor Augur

The LoY expansion should drop with Luclin instead of PoP.
    I would add the plane of Hate revamp get moved from LDoN to Luclin too.

VP 2.0 should go with PoP, it's loot is on par with Elemental planes for HEM.
  19. jeskola pheerie

POP might be a little early for VP 2.0 since some of the loot is questable via group content
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Unpopular opinion maybe:
    You could add LDoN in with classic & just unlock its content in line with the level unlocks of expansions.
    Would the loot be better than a lot of classic loot? Yes, but Classic itemisation is mostly garbage anyway barring a few choice pieces.
    Doranur_Aleguzzler and Barton like this.