New Ranger questions.

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by oldemangamer, Jun 2, 2015.

1. oldemangamer Augur

Rolled a Ranger on the TLP and having fun at level 14. Quite a bit of Ranger hate, but I enjoy the class.

One question I have, is whether it is worth casting your nukes during combat. My nuke is only the equivalent of one sword swing at level 14, 12 damage. Does the time spent casting the nuke delay your melee attack? If so, it seems like it would be better not to cast it but instead to cast your dot before the fight and just keep meleeing only stopping to refresh dots or snare or what have you.

Also looking for any tips that someone might give a noob ranger. Thanks much.
  2. Nuanil Elder

Been 16 years since I was a level 14 ranger, I know I didn't really start using nukes until my 30's with the short cast, long cool down nukes. Use them until you hit the evocation skill cap, or when you feel like it, but they aren't often worth the pause in melee at that level.
  3. oldemangamer Augur

Ok thanks much!
  4. Khauruk Augur

Keep your various skills approximately up to spec as you level up. It's easier to switch things out while grouping and the loss in dps won't be noticed that much.
  5. Eldrian Augur

As already stated just cast to keep your skill up for now, once you hit 19 you get a new nuke, Ignite, that is worth casting.
  6. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Invoke Lightening is worth casting if you got two or more on you.