New Ranger question

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by Quik, Aug 2, 2021.

1. Quik Augur

I made a ranger last night and was looking at some basic weapons for now, but I have a question about main hand and off hand weapon delay.

Do you want slower weapon in main hand hand and fast weapon in off hand?

Just as an example, lets say I have 2 weapons, 1 is 10/18 and the other is 14/22, which would be main and primary?
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

While this is not quite what your asking it does have bearing on what to use where. Back in the day it took real close ratios for a faster weapon to outdamage the better ratio weapon. Nowadays, no matter what level (or class, AFAIK) you are, you want the best ratio in the main hand, and the second best ratio in the off hand.

And we now have the ratio listed on each weapon on the right side of the weapon window

It used to be faster in main.
  3. Quik Augur

So Dmg and delay isn't the deciding factor in itself, we simply want the highest ratio regardless of the other 2 stats by themselves?

Also, forgive as I play a Bst on Aradune and we are only to LDoN currently, but for ranger do I care about proc or ratio more? I think I read on live ratio trumps all, but I know on Aradune I am told repeatedly for a Bst we depend on procs more than most classes. Does the ranger just focus on ratio?
  4. roth Augur

Generally speaking, you care about ratio more than procs. Consider procs a utility bonus, or a reason to use a weapon temporarily, rather than a reason to use a weapon full time. There are exceptions but that is a good rule of thumb to go by. An example of a utility weapon would be the ranger 1.0, for its 50% slow proc.

Despite the damage decrease, I personally preferred to put tap proc augs into my weapons, as soon as I could, over nuke or DoT proc augs. Damage augs will be, generally speaking, better than a proc aug, but the best thing (which won’t come along for some time if you’re on TLP) is augs that have both damage and a proc.

Oh, this also applies to your bow, as well. Think of the arrow you have equipped as a damage aug, and use the best ratio bow you can. While the arrow is not, strictly speaking, an augment, functionally speaking it works exactly like a damage aug in the bow, in that the “Weapon Damage” used in the damage done calculation is Bow + Arrow (+ Augs).
  5. Jennre Band Leader

Don't forget to factor in the Procs Per Minute value of a weapon or aug. Generally speaking, you should get about 5 procs on a single item per 60 seconds. These can be boosted by Boon of the Seeress.