New random loot servers! yay... uh oh.

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Daivid, May 27, 2021.

1. Daivid Lorekeeper

I was hoping it was going to be, kill a skeleton and get random loot for your level.
    Perhaps not raid loot but anything bellow.

But nope =) it's camp all names 24/7 and hope someone lets you group and have unwanted drops haha

Still will be fun for the raiding people.
    Trey and Herf like this.
  2. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Wishful thinking.

Generally good group loot is always from named mobs.
  3. TheGoblin Elder

Good thing they never advertised it like you thought it would be. But it's working out pretty well so far for what it is. Just get a group and camp the named or kill skeletons for plat and buy it.
    Ronzark and Zynt like this.
  4. Kahna Augur

Why would you think this? They said it was going to be "rare mobs" loot that would be randomed among other rare mobs.
    Zynt likes this.
  5. Basak Augur

Does the server say randomized rare loot or just randomized loot or I forget what It actually says. If it just says something along the lines of Random Loot, and a person sees that but doesn't participate in the forums or website it is possible to think the way he did.
  6. Neuro Elder

Are the hill giants dropping normal plat levels? I was hoping that would be included in the special case randomization
  7. Kahna Augur

The announcement states rare mobs. If you don't even take the 5 second to read the announcement for the server you have no leg to stand on when it comes to complaining about what the premise of the server is. And he obviously participates in the forums, since he is here complaining. :)
    Joules_Bianchi and Vule_Xyrashue like this.
  8. Basak Augur

Right, I understand. But I have had TLP servers pop up on server select that I didn't know about and while I had gone to read up on it not everyone would. As for participating in the forums he had not posted since December, the announcement for the Mischief was after that so as far as that goes he was not an active participant in the forums until his complaint was made.
  9. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.

The lesson to be learned here is:

"Check yo self, before you wreck yourself." - Ice Cube
  10. hearty New Member

I would like to see an expansion of rare tags to many things that drop gear people would use. A lot of mobs that should be rare are not.
  11. Brontus EQ Player Activist

A few weeks ago, I proposed on these forums that level appropriate random loot would have a very small chance of dropping off random mobs. That's how most MMORPGS do it now and it seems very reasonable. It gives casuals and newbies a chance at some good loot. I don't think they listened. So get ready to purchase all of your gear in the Commonlands tunnel. Make sure to buy and bring lots of Krono with you.
  12. TheGoblin Elder

Not sure if you have been playing yet, but nothing is going to be of value in 2 days. Groups have been getting TONS of loot. Group loot is going to be really cheap, even for good stuff like GEBS/SMR's/ SSoY/ect. You can already see stuff like Ring of the Ancients less than 1 kr.
  13. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

If someone is so casual they don't camp any named mobs in any zone ever, then yeah they'd probably prefer to just purchase their gear. Gotta actually play the game to get stuff on your own!
  14. Brontus EQ Player Activist

Years ago, I purchased the official EverQuest Player's Guide. It didn't say anything about camping rare mobs to upgrade your gear to advance your character.

I'm sure lots of new players are coming to TLP servers for the first time. Maybe DGB should create a tutorial on how players can mindlessly camp rare spawns since it's the only gameplay that one can acquire their own gear without grinding for plat or purchasing Krono.

The best solution would be to just have DBG to implement all the Luclin zone datasets with all the newbie gear drops and quests with the release of each new TLP server or actually properly itemization the dungeons.

Once the Luclin quests are available, most player can easily purchase upgrades in the Bazaar making those newbie quests pointless.

There are so many things that have been changed and nerfed over the years that the EQ classic TLP experience is radically different than what was available in April 1999.
  15. Xyroff-cazic. Director of Sarcasm

Imagine complaining that there isn't enough loot readily available for casual players on THIS ruleset
    Ronzark likes this.
  16. Ronzark Augur

They're not "rare" spawns. Read the description and you'll see it's only RARE spawn loot that is randomized.
  17. Ronzark Augur

EQ was never for people who want to be spoonfed. And that's what made it great. Go out, discover, and find out on your own. Stop asking for everything to be provided. You'll find out it's a LOT of fun on this server with the unknown.
    Skuz likes this.