New Progression Server Please...When?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aikaminiaa, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Crayon123 Augur

Would be nice to be able to get the word spread around a bit too, half the time it seems like the last minute server launches rarely have time to be found out by returning players.
  2. Fan of Scott Journeyman

This.

I think the invisible question that needs asking for EQ 1 is, why is it not yet set up so that everyone who wants to play TLP, plays TLP together same server somehow?

#StrongerAsOne
  3. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

Having choices is great, the population even on a sub-standard server like Coirnav and it's slow experience rate is good enough for those that enjoy that rule-set.

I mean really no server is going to have the population that like Ragefire had, but then again no one is going to want to endure that pile of garbage with like 50+ people boxing 12 to 24 guys.
  4. Rounlin Best Pizza in Norrath!

Would love to start again. We'll see as I'm too far behind the pack now on any of the TLP. A Kunark only guild would be great.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  5. Piznut Angry Gnome

This is about the only new TLP I would actually swap to. I'm so sick of classic, kunark, and Velious, but really want to get into some later content quicker than 2-3 years rather than just playing on live.

This is a surprisingly good idea.
    Chikkin and Quill like this.
  6. Rile Lorekeeper

Do people really enjoy starting over that much?

I certainly wouldn’t leave Coirnav to join a new server, but I could see people from Agnarr being more interested since they’re currently perma locked at PoP. I just started on Corinav about a month ago and have put a hardcore amount of hours into leveling, as well as about $100 into experience potions and a special bag that cost $35. PoP hasn’t even started yet on Coirnav, so I don’t see how anyone would want to do a mass exodus from a new TLP server that still has years of expansions left to go through at the 3 month release cycle rate. That’s why I joined Coirnav, because it was relatively new and a TLP that is going to go thru every expansion all the way up to live

Why would I want to start all over again somewhere new? I’d imagine mostly only RMT players would be excited to start over, since they already know the spots to go and markets to exploit when a new server goes live, but other than that there is nothing enticing to me about abandoning all the countless hours I’ve put into my new toon on Coirnav just to be level 1 again with nothing on a new server that will be caught up in a rat race to corner the RMT markets

Agnarr makes sense, I could see getting bored of that server if you’re already at the end game for content. Coirnav tho was designed to be a long term TLP, and I have no intention of leaving it unless they release a clone of Coirnav but with way faster experience. That’s is the only way I would move, but since it looks like they make bank off XP potions I wouldn’t count on a new TLP with fast experience. I can’t speak for my guild, but I’ve gotten no indication at all that our guild would consider moving to a new server either

That’s one of the challenges of these discussions, because everyone has their own motives and like to say “everyone will do this” or “everyone will do that”, when in reality it isn’t “everyone,” just a group of people with similar motives.

Be careful what you wish for, because every new TLP they release waters down the population across all the TLPs. I really wouldn’t understand the motivation of wanting to move away from Coirnav for a new server other than to do real money transactions
    Lion of God likes this.
  7. Lion of God Elder

This is essentially my position. I've got too much time, energy, and money invested into Corinav to start 'new' anywhere else. Moreover, I don't understand why people want to play the same classic expansions over and over again.

In truth, I'm looking forward to the release of PoP and it's proceeding expansions. If a year from now, Corinav can maintain at least a medium population, despite a possible NEW TLP being released and WoW classic. I'll be happy.
    Rile likes this.
  8. Fumi-chan Augur

Agreed. A new TLP is a huge investment to start from scratch on and will be the 6th TLP to launch in what.. 4 years? I think for this reason alone Coirnav will still be alive and well even a year from now. For many of us this is our last TLP. Coirnav is our home. I suspect we will see a decrease in population next year, but should still be enough around to keep things chugging along.
  9. Chikkin Augur

Well for me, I missed the boat on Coirnav. So, while I'm probably not part of a large category, that's why I hope they do something that is some kind of new server for a fresh start. I don't care too too much about the rules, just to actually group with people 1-60. I made a decision a couple weeks ago to go to the test server, but I almost went Coirnav, but then I did some /who'ing on that server, and reading here, and it sounds like I would be trying to level a cleric very slowly by myself for a long part of the way. Just don't have the time for that.
  10. Lion of God Elder

I started playing a few weeks ago on Coirnav, and there are plenty of people to group with. I only have troubles finding groups half the time if it's 3 o'Clock in the morning and I hadn't managed to find an all-night grind group by midnight.

If you came to Coirnav as a Cleric, you'd have no trouble finding groups, so long as you put fourth a little effort. The only people I imagine who struggle to find a group, are the ones whom /LFG and wait for somebody to message them, with a full group, and camp already setup.
  11. Chikkin Augur

Well, I'll have to keep that in mind. It seems I most likely would not be able to catch up to current raid-ready status before PoP released right? This is assuming again, I'm a cleric, and I have only a few hours a day to play.
  12. Lion of God Elder

Corinav is my only and last EQ experience. (I played EQOA for ps2 way back when, never EQ for PC.)

If any TLP servers are released, I certainly won't be switching. The time invest alone is too large, especially with all the other options which will be available in 2019.

I think DBG needs to go all-in on Coirnav by lowering the abysmal XP rates (which would boost the server/subscriptions on our server); and adding quality of life and vanity items to the shop. I'd certainly purchase a few, if Coirnav was certain to have a long and populated future.
  13. Chikkin Augur

This isn't the right place to ask, but just curious, what is the tank situation like on that server? I've heard recently just how much the game has changed for Warriors from the Auto-attack press taunt and kick days. A server like Coirnav would be a good place to learn/grow with the class. (Although I'd probably just stick to cleric)
  14. Lion of God Elder

I don't have any expectations to do any raiding during Luclin. I'm just trying to get my toons leveled, AA'd, somewhat geared, and in a guild before PoP drops. If you rushed to 60, you could probably raid a couple weeks at the end of Luclin, I'd imagine.

In half my groups I usually have a non-tank-role class (such as monk, bard, ranger, etc...) pulling and tanking. I'd say tanks are in high-demand. There certainly isn't an over-abundance of them. I'd say it's easier to get a healer than a 'real' tank. And I've spent alot of time grouping and leveling 1 - 50 in the last 3 weeks, so my opinion on this topic here is very accurate (as of Dec-20-2018).
  15. Quill Augur

Which is why I've advocated for a speed-up server. Just EQ on absolute roids with triple rates across the board(and with XP, like a baseline Agnarr XP then tripled). Lower that investment, and I think you'll find retired people are more conducive to doing drive-by's(play for a bit here and there), and playing alts on TLP a lot more(which would help with class diversity).

Nobody wants to start on a TLP after its deep in expansions because of the investment. This would alleviate that. Haven't played for 3 expansions? You're max level in a couple days and getting gear like it was raining from the sky.

At the least, it'd be fun. Hell... add an AA that gives the stats of a top aug the more expansions you clear :p. Then you'll have Live players that get topped out all over that like white on rice.

Hell.. MAKE THAT THE 20th Anniversary Veteran Reward, which is available to all. It has a base level of better than the best aug stats, and then powers up even more based on the number of expansions you clear on a 20th Anniversary Breakneck Server(expansion clears don't need to be in-era). That would bloody own. Talk about a chase reward. Can't even complete it for at least 2 years.

At this point, where you can just heroic a character and get a big level and tons of AA via Auto-grant on Live, why the heck not? If you want to go slow, pick that server. If you want to go fast, do a speed-up server.

Simply take the brakes off and let them fly.
  16. Rile Lorekeeper

I started on Coirnav about 3 weeks ago, so you aren't too far behind to get started. Level cap is only 60 right now, and there is still like 10 weeks until PoP. The next expansion only goes up 5 more levels too, so you have plenty of time to build a 60-65, some solid AA and gear
  17. Chikkin Augur

Alright, I'm definitely thinking about it. I've already got an active sub that I just bought a couple of weeks ago, and it's kind of "wasting" since I'm playing on test server. They deserve the cash though so don't regret the purchase.
  18. taliefer Augur

i actually do enjoy starting over. but assuming there IS a 20th anniversary TLP with a ruleset i like/can tolerate, and not just some seasonal server, I plan on riding that one out until at least VOA again, maybe farther.
  19. jeskola pheerie

Why stop at VOA when ROF is one of the best expansions
  20. taliefer Augur

cause thats as far as i've gone~ i dont like the ability bloat that occurs in more modern EQ, i feel like im playing whack-a-mole with the UI more than im playing a game. i'll give it another shot at some point, but i dont think its changed that much. if anything it probably gets worse post VOA.