New Progression Server Please...When?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aikaminiaa, Nov 1, 2018.

1. HoodenShuklak Augur

A huge reason that Agnarr was blowing up at launch is because p99 raiders... can't raid. It's incredibly toxic. You have to load fraps and review agreements and rules before you even get ready to battle lol.

I would never recommend p99 if you want to play the end game. If you want to casually level up then it is much more classic than Agnarr though.
  2. Ruination Elder

Depends what you mean by lower levels,I see people trying to form crushbone groups daily and there are no less than 3 picks of unrest on corinav at any time during the day.
  3. liveitup1216 Augur

If Agnarr and Coirnav are ghost towns, what makes you think a new server wouldn't be the same? A new server is going to need to have some catch-all ruleset to have any shot of coalescing the playerbase again. There's only enough people playing TLPs to keep 1-2 servers "feeling" lively, so things are only going to get worse the more servers they add until some get closed.
  4. Iyvy Augur

Uh pretty sure Agnar and Coirnav will all go to the new server and it will be fine. I'm personally waiting for it
    Crayon123 likes this.
  5. Machentoo Augur

Oh it will feel lively enough, until the server or two after it appear.
  6. Jontrann Augur

I'm seriously hoping they launch a new FV TLP next yeah but knowing my luck it will just be another phinny clone.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  7. Zinkeh Augur

I sincerely hope they do something interesting with the next, if there will be one, TLP. The chinese farmers, the bot armies, the horrendously bad Coirnav exp, etc....have all but ruined eq for me. Agnarr was fantastic but now that it's hit the lock I found myself wanting a bit more.

A lot of folks have done eq many times now and, like me, just want to experience eq from another class perspective, see things they hadn't seen before. I don't want to grind 5 hours to see my bar move 1/50th of a level. Farming for 2 months for key parts, farming epic pieces that some botter army jerkoff is locking down, Having the same 20 items being sold by the same 20 chinese krono farmers server, after server, after server....etc

Make a server where we can just play eq without making it the 2nd job that it now is. In the old days the slow exp rate was in conjunction with long gaps between expansions. With the slow exp (Coirnav) and the fast expansion releases one actually has to play MORE hours per day than back when eq was fresh and new. You're constantly racing an expansion at this point.

I just want to play eq again.
  8. Crayon123 Augur

I hear that, amen brother.
    Jontrann and oldkracow like this.
  9. Quill Augur

A long while ago I suggested a new Progression Server. Just suggestions, any can be mod'd up.

* Triple XP.
    * Triple Rares.
    * All flag items and currency rewards in later expansions are tripled.
    * All Raid Instances can be done daily. Will come out to like a 18hr timelock for obvious reasons.
    * All Keys up to PoP are not required.
    * Finally... bring it full circle.. Combine/Sleeper rules apply. Minimum 1 month. Will stay locked until the current expansion is clear (won't be an issue, so its basically a month an expansion).

Server Name: Breakneck.

The intention being to be a TLP server that vastly accelerates the play-through process to get characters near or at whatever the current level is. As the opening is accelerated in comparison to a traditional TLP, the grind rates/drop rates are adjusted to match.
    Chikkin likes this.
  10. Accipiter Old Timer

As much as I dislike the "My Idea for a New TLP" threads, some of this has merit. I'd add triple (or double at least) faction, too.
  11. Quill Augur

Sure... no problem with that.
  12. liveitup1216 Augur

If they release a TLP with FV rules can we drop the pretense and name the server Platlord.
  13. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

I like it, perhaps kronolord
  14. Krezzy Augur

Cletus Miller
  15. Critt Augur

Considering it's December and not a peep about a new TLP I doubt we'll see anything new in March 2019....Though who knows maybe the marketing team has just forgotten to start hyping us up
  16. Barathrum Augur

TBH P99 is a joke! I have never heard anything positive from that server. From people being banned for 14-28 days. People having accounts banned. Lets be real the people who run that server created a nice little pay day for them selves! If you RMT banned! But yet RMT happens.... I have never heard anything positive about P99 from Classic-NOW! its honestly a scam server
    code-zero likes this.
  17. Funnything Journeyman

it amazes me people cry about RMT but then ask for FV ruleset. that would really bring out the RMT, boxer armies would dominate. might actually be open world competition then!
  18. oldkracow 9999 Is the Krono Account Limit

If you base RMT on the amount of krono you see being sold / advertised on a per day basis by unique individuals and from high end traders just chatting it up then you'd be wrong to think a FV server will drive more RMT.

• RF & LJ both had the best krono buying and selling market I've ever seen to date as a EC tunnel trader.
    • Phinny was close to LJ, but I can say that was mainly due to the amount of folks dumping krono to buy mats to level alts on a regular basis, once that dried up so did the amount of krono on a daily basis being sold / bought.
    • Agnarr was good also but compared to Phinny was roughly 10% slower overall as less people would spend on items they knew they could get from an instance and seeing the prices being driven down lower on a daily basis.
    • On Coirnav which I played for a few days just to earn some quick krono, the market was quite terrible compared to Agnarr, far less people buying and selling krono on a daily basis
    I'd speculate that a server with FV rules the krono trade will only increase on a upper end where the folks with a few hundred krono can dominate the upper level items back and forth, but for a vast majority of items they will bottom out faster than any other server before.

But that's like the current setup for anyone with a few hundred krono, they can access any item and since there are so few of those types of folks the price is always stupidly lower than what you think.

You'll find the prices are actually getting worse on items for the same time-line on each new TLP. The volume is increasing while the amount of buyers is shrinking because ease of access to said items or alternates.
    Funnything likes this.
  19. Smakk Journeyman

For EQ's 19th anniversary, Coirnav was announced roughly 5 weeks before it opened. Hopefully, for EQ's 20th anniversary, we hear something a little bit sooner, like around New Years would be nice...
    Crayon123 and Jontrann like this.
  20. Jontrann Augur

I hope you're right, i'v had about $120 in my paypal for the past 6 months waiting for a new quick exp tlp server and i refuse to support daybreak when they keep releasing cookie cutter phinny servers which is why i never have or will play on coirnav. To be honest if their next tlp server isn't "good" ill probably be done with EQ forever.