New Progression Server Please...When?

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Aikaminiaa, Nov 1, 2018.

1. Aikaminiaa New Member

When is the next progression server? I would love a fresh start!
  2. HoodenShuklak Augur

March 17
    Crayon123 likes this.
  3. Jontrann Augur

Yeah a lot of us are waiting to see what daybreak does for the 20th anniversary TLP server, its probably going to drop in march 2019.
    Crayon123 likes this.
  4. Fhiele Augur

I'll point out: 1: No future TLP's have been confirmed. March is just conjecture--a good,educated guess. 2. Coirnav is still pretty fresh. Not even in AAland yet. Enough time to level up. Play Coirnav. Or Agnarr if you wanna catch up and never get left behind.
    Nolrog, andross77 and Risiko like this.
  5. Risiko Augur

This pretty much sums it up. There is a really good group of TLP servers available right now that cover most eras pre-Mercenary (Seeds of Destruction). I'd say pick a TLP that meets your current desires, and if you want anything newer that that, choose a Live server.
  6. Barton The Mischievous

I agree with most of that except that they could very well do a different server type than TLP this time. Regular/Event/Something New anybodies guess is as good as another unless someone has a secret inside source they wish to share with us?
  7. Aikaminiaa New Member

When it comes to the lower levels Agnarr and Coirnav are dead and I am not a raider so .. again .. I am looking forward to a fresh start. The regular servers are worse when it comes to finding groups. I just wanted an idea when a new server was going to be created.
  8. taliefer Augur

I doubt DBG has even started considering the next new server yet. the 20th anniversary is still almost half a year away, and they have been working on the new expansion.

any talk of a 20th anniversary server has been 100% speculation by players. Ive done it myself, but i wouldnt expect anything from DBG till after the new year, at the absolute earliest
  9. liveitup1216 Augur

Any new server won't fare much better unless it's unique enough to pool together everyone from Phinny + Agnarr + Coirnav again. The population is pretty fractured right now.
    Fan of Scott and andross77 like this.
  10. Vaxpo Elder

The biggest thing I hate about TLPs at the moment is not getting to play anything past PoP for the most part. Every one of them dies at that time, usually because a new TLP comes out that everyone starts fresh on it. I am getting bored seeing the same few xpacs over and over. I really want to get into the ones after PoP that I never saw during live. The problem is, the servers where they can be experienced are dead.
    HoodenShuklak likes this.
  11. Machentoo Augur

Err, Phinny is still going reasonably strong 8 expansions past pop, and 1.5 years. With still 10 active guilds, you can absolutely play past pop if you want. Phinny had more guilds killing stuff in gates and oow than any other server before or since has had killing stuff in any era, so not sure why you think it becomes dead and unplayable at that point. At least judging by the various server progress boards.
    snailish likes this.
  12. HoodenShuklak Augur

You're right, but the whole idea behind constant TLP's is just that old servers are designed to fail and bleed until they are dry. There really is no reason to join old servers, and it seems that server transfers have been broke a long time.
  13. Berkwin Elder

Want a progression server busy 24/7 lock it at Luclin and make it Free... at any rate the way I see it people playing are money in the bank. dead servers = dead game....
  14. Iyvy Augur

P99 is popping at all levels currently if you wanna play in velious era I'd play P99. The exp is almost faster than coirnav (at least in the early levels) and you'll have no trouble finding a group.

Also it's unbelievably nice there since the rules are so strict, and I think it's seeing a lot of players since daybreak is waiting a while before executing coirnav.

I would not recommend Cornav, it's a ghost town at all levels pre 50 and paaainfully slow.

I too am looking forward to a new server.
    Jontrann likes this.
  15. a_librarian Augur

You're really suggesting P99 has faster xp than Coirnav?
  16. snailish Augur

Phinny has TSS. TSS is fresh to many, and much easier to catch up in. They have defiant gear too (got it a bit early imo, but that ship has sailed) so it is not that hard to catch up. TSS has better XP rate, ooc regen, 1-75 zones designed to help a person level (and there is hard stuff too). And they have population in ways no other progression server has seen so late in eras.

I say this as a person that left Phinny ages ago to play on Agnarr. If Agnarr fizzles away in respects to being fun for me... I will likely go back to Phinny.

Coirnav could work... but isn't a solid bet to be robust OoW to TSS expacs and beyond. Maybe they stick with it.

Not playing until the next progression server is one option... but they have gone years in between launches before (though we all pretty much expect at least one server in March next year).
  17. Protagonist Tank

You have never raided on P99.
    mobias66 and code-zero like this.
  18. Crayon123 Augur

Wait for March/April of next year, don't waste your time until then. Current TLP's are top heavy as heck.
  19. Jontrann Augur

I have had a specific amount of money in my paypal that iv been saving for a new quick exp tlp server and i'm ready to buy bags/sub/pots but they have to release a faster exp rate and some sort of special ruleset like fv to get me back as a customer. Its sad for me because if they do decide to go the quarm route ill never touch another eq server again, ill be done with the game and this is coming from someone who started played back 2000 and has dabbled in every event/test/tlp server. I have played and enjoyed EQ for a long time now but i absolutely cannot stand cookie cutter servers that get slower and slower exp rates with every new iteration, while the expansion unlock timer doesn't increase.

Hate me if you want but that's how i feel about the current situation, daybreak can either win back or lose me as a customer.
  20. Thomasmgp Elder

If I was a betting man Id say one comes out right around the same time Blizzard launches their classic WoW server.