New Progression Server FAQ and Upcoming Poll Details

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Vaclav Augur

I'd also worry that it might break the ability to do the macro commands for clickies, as well. But it does seem like a needless hassle for no good reason - just a waste of code to even bother with. (i.e. spellbook medding category - sure it's how it was, but it was a removed restriction for a reason)
  2. Vaclav Augur

Oh and I fibbed - Question #3!

Will any of the votes be restricted to only the TLP Beta server so that the feedback is coming from those with an expressed interest in the server rather than an assortment of people that may have zero interest in it?
  3. Mezrah Augur

Will PoM be fixed this time round? Or will it be in the same state it is in on Fippy / Vulak?

What happens if you cannot handle all or even most of the players? Yet another unplanned overflow server?
  4. Blingx Augur

Care to elaborate? It will be easier to test on the beta if we know what should happen.
  5. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

I actually really like this idea! This way it ensures that the people who want to play on the server are the ones who's voices matter.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  6. Animosity Elder

Is there a way to unlock zones like JPF earlier? There really isnt anything good there and most quests cant be done until way late in the game. I believe it opened up during PoP on Fippy.

And are you saying AA's will be available right away or do we have to wait until Luclin? They make early raid content too easy.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  7. code-zero Augur

There are a lot of people on live servers who might be interested in playing on this server if the ruleset looks attractive. They're just too busy playing their current characters to be fussing about it. No need to leave anyone who's interested in voting out of the picture
  8. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

They could probably weed out some of the votes by looking at who voted "I'm not interested in progression" on the previous poll. If the poll is locked to beta, they would be skewing the results by adding a barrier to entry to voting, especially true if beta is locked behind a subscription.
    Irbax_Smoo likes this.
  9. Darth Augur

Maybe I just don't know how the new advanced looting system really works, but I've been playing on LIVE for like a month and it seems terrible. I don't like the idea of joining a group and being forced to let someone master loot.

Also the master looter has to fiddle with it to allow anyone to loot anything in my experience.

This just seems like a bad idea for non-guild/friend groups/raids.

Am I just not understanding how it works?
  10. Vaclav Augur

Would take them 2 minutes or something to switch over to Test client if they were interested - one of the simplest "voter registrations" ever.

I can't imagine Beta will require AA anyhow, recent betas haven't if you got accepted.
  11. Ssixa Augur

Not sure how I feel about Commonlands being included in the list of load balance zones. Commonlands serves as a hub zone for trading, I just see people getting annoyed with wanting to buy their GEBs and finding out they have to sift through 3 versions of Commonlands to find the deal they want.

Otherwise, the list of questions answered is pretty pleasing. I assume you mean AA's such as Origin, Lay Hands, Harm Touch when you say they are available from the start.
    Cloudous likes this.
  12. Tudadar Augur

Ok. First of all. Disabling RAF was awesome. To me it shows devs were listening and understand competitive balance on a special ruleset server.

The starter zone thing is interesting. While i kinda loved the really crowded zone making everything take longer if the zone cap isnt too much it will still be good I think. On the last progression or 2 the spawn rates in starter zones were increased for launch. Lots of people love seeing 100-200 in starter zones. 400+ is overkill though.

Does the starter zone change cancel out the possibility of launching with 2 identical servers? While 2 servers in the past were needed for the first day etc with 400-500 in zones IMO they were also needed to spread out the high level players / guilds trying to get raid content.

I personally hope its just classic at the start so rooting for that vote to end that way. Low level twinks in fungis the first week of a server is kinda lame along with other drops making classic ones less valuable. Players getting that rare dungeon drop that used to be best in slot but now isnt kinda sucks.

Can you do prenaming of characters like you did on the first round of progression (combine/sleeper) letting people make one character per account up to a month b4 the server opened. Can require a sub to do this and possibly charge SC.
  13. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

VERY good point. Either need to choose a new market zone, or think about how Commons tunnel trading will work with the new system.
  14. Borek-VS Augur

Which is strange, because Jaggedpine was available during Luclin in the real timeline.
  15. Numiko Augur

once the initial rush goes through the commonland and people spread out I would expect the population to drop so that only one instance is needed. also maybe they can set that one to an extra high number like 200 before a new one gets ressed?
  16. Lolthorn Lorekeeper

I say if they are at least a little interested they need to put forth a little effort and log onto the beta server to voice their opinions then.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  17. Hendar2 Augur

This is seriously messed up thinking. There were GMs in those days for one.

But for a name, I'm going with Ragefire. Because I'm going to need to wait for Ragefire for several months in-game.
    Fallfyres and Cloudous like this.
  18. Tudadar Augur

Hmm. Wasnt there a 4.5 month expansion release option at least early on? Was this forgotten or deleted? I thought the 4.5 months for the first couple expansions was really good and a lot better then the 6-8 months early on in some others. Other then that would like the later expansions as soon as possible so will have to see which is best.

Add 50%: Take the old values and add 50%. This server would take five and a half years to reach where live servers are now.
    1. Kunark: 4.5 months
    2. Velious: 4.5 months
    3. Luclin: 4.5 months
    4. Planes of Power: 4.5 months
      1. Legacy of Ykesha: 3 weeks after PoP
      2. LDoN: 3 weeks after PoP
    5. Gates: 3 months (after PoP)
    6. Omens and later: 3 months
  19. Coldsore.Fippy Augur

It's also a different playerbase then vs. now. I guess we'll see how it turns out, and how the classic nostalgia feels. Hopefully someone will be paying attention and taking notes.
  20. code-zero Augur

You don't know how Beta testing in EQ works, do you? Unless this is an open Beta then they're going to restrict access and I don't recall any open Beta's in the recent past