New Progression Server FAQ and Upcoming Poll Details

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Aristo, Apr 15, 2015.

1. Fallfyres Augur

2. Tinytinker Augur

It's possible to have in game challenges that require planning and don't make everyone jump through tedious hoops. You could try forming a group of mixed classes, for example, or have a ranger be your tank instead of a warrior. Those kind of things would require communication and thought. But I get the impression a lot of you pro-corpse run people don't want to try this sort of stuff, because on P99, I've run into a lot of you will refuse to go anywhere unless you have the Trinity. Try looking outside corpse recovery for in game challenges...
  3. Arkk Lorekeeper

Shocked at the laziness and fear of CRs; but, again, that wasn't the point. The penalty preventing exploitation is the point.
    Fallfyres likes this.
  4. Kytus New Member

I liked corpse runs in an open world scenario, it was a penalty for doing something stupid,taking on an over-con mob, wandering into a cave full of monsters, trying to swim in a lake of lava, etc. It taught you to be cautious and gave you a fear of exploring the unknown, which increased the risk due to the penalty of dying. ln the majority of those occasions it cost you a few minutes max, but in a raid setting it was a bit different when you would wipe several times, it just became time-consuming getting your stuff back every time /consent, etc.. you all know what I mean :)

It was part of the game back then and we used to accept it as what it was, but with other games that shall remain nameless, dying wasn't really an issue, just cost a few gold to repair your gear.

One of the main issues was the time involved to sometimes get back to your body, especially after that last wipe of the night after the raid was called and people start logging off and you need to go to sleep because you've got work in the morning... (most of us have been there!) you risked losing all your stuff or spend an hour or two getting it back. People don't have that sort of time anymore.

If there was somehow a solution where Open world deaths required corpse runs, and loss of xp and raid targets didn't, I would back that.

Ky
  5. Fallfyres Augur

--------------------------------------
    *Le sigh. Tinytinker, I've only EVER been a PAID SUBSCRIBER in any MMO I have played on the planet, EVER. So stop with the broad brush.

Why the angst? We aren't going to 'win' anything here, its just a debate of differing opinions and personal preferences which underlie those.
    Arkk likes this.
  6. Tinytinker Augur

Now, now, I'm enjoying the broad brush strokes on the EQ forums. It's a refreshing change of pace from painting on an easel. :D
  7. Numiko Augur

I think what people do not realize is that the vast majority of people will not die.. at all .. from level 1 to level 50.

there is no unknown..

no one will attack a deep red con because they know exactly what they can and cannot kill.

Due to changes in spells, pets, damage tables and midigation tables over the years Players are incredibly more powerful then they were back in 99 (while the mobs are about the same strength)

.....even rogues will be able to solo from 1 to 50 without needing a healer or a rezz
    Jagwire likes this.
  8. Arkk Lorekeeper

With so much trepidation to return to original features, why are all these nay-sayers so interested in this server? Apparently there is all the socialization, efficiency, and low-risk exp without CRs on current servers that one can handle--so why transform this one into the current EQ? If you want to re-experience the old game, then don't bring all the new rules and features that made it so much easier.

You know how we avoided the CR's back then? We were more careful about where we stepped and what we fought, and rightly so. It seems like anyone against CRs would be those that plan to play carelessly and die often. This goes the same for raids--man up and bring a cleric and camp them out in case of a wipe like we used to. We had back up plans, and back up armor in the bank for just those situations. Don't take this away.
    Jagwire and Fallfyres like this.
  9. Gindorn New Member

The progressive servers are irritating in one aspect. Why can't they create a progserv that unlocks expansions as soon as the current expansion's raid bosses are defeated? Why do we have to endure 2-month,3-month,or 6-month delays? I'd like to see how FAST a server can get to the current version,without these stupid delays that stretch it to years. Or release 3 progservs at the same time and see which makes it to current versions first(once you join one of these 3 servers,you're locked out of the other two).
  10. Arkk Lorekeeper

It's been done.

See: 2006. Progression fails as fast as expansions are released. Most people play for the nostalgia, not the race-through. All you get left with is a lonely server of a few endgame guilds.
  11. Nolrog Augur

There still are corpse runs. You have to go back and get your corpse to get rezzed.
  12. Nolrog Augur

When I played on Drinal, I would sometimes get into a group of friends that had a ranger as the tank (and a really solid one as well.)
  13. Doranur_Aleguzzler Filthy Casualâ„¢

Aahh corpse runs. I remember early on in my days of playing EQ, new to Norrath, exploring... I came across the city of Paineel, and was told that there was this awesome new playground called the Warrens there, perfect for my level range. I was told to be careful, as there was a drop that led into the zone called The Hole, and you would die if you fell in. As luck would have it, I had a lag spike as I was approaching (damn you dial up! )and over the edge I went.

I came back quickly, even made my way into the Hole, but nobody was around to summon my corpse to the entrance. Several people there asked in their guilds, and among friends for me. In the end, I had to soak the loss of my gear, including a new magic weapon I had been lucky enough to loot.

I remember another time, my guild was doing a joint raid with a bigger, more experienced guild, into Plane of Fear. Yep, we wiped. Several times just trying to recover our corpses. It took us three days to finally get them all gathered, rezzed, and translocated or gated away. Funny thing is, it wouldn't kill me if they reinstated corpse runs, not that I am asking for them to do that.
  14. Gawd New Member

Question I had, it was stated that there would be a beta before live I can see Ragefire server on live server select would this be beta when it unlocks or should I be checking Test server's list for the beta to appear there?
  15. Barton The Mischievous

Good question as of yet no one but a Dev could answer this 100%, My guess is the beta will be them unlocking the server we see atm, and then wiping it once they are ready to launch but that is just a wag at this moment
  16. rgamer920 New Member

I know they had mentioned about the features such as the new looting system, etc, are included. I'm curious to know if there is any indication that /melody will be included?
  17. Darth Augur

Melody will be there.
  18. Deadlyne Elder

I'm fairly sure that /melody was in last time around.
  19. Bruenorg New Member

Will you need an All Access membership to play on the progression server?
  20. Taeluuin Entariel Elder

How is this being handled, precisely?