New progression pvp server?

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by PotatoPowa, Jun 9, 2018.

1. PotatoPowa Elder

Hey just a thought, how about a new Zek server, maybe a teams ruleset like Sullon, timelocked progression? I'm newly returned to EQ and would love to play some pvp but feels like you're starting out lightyears behind the estbalished players & it would be a nonstop grief fest. With a new server, maybe with a short progression through expansions (8 weeks? 6 weeks) it would be tempting to a lot of people who are currently sick of the PVP emus and also those who would play on Zek but find it too top heavy.
    WTBPvpTLP and Gigantasaur like this.
  2. MoveFastRZ Bloodsaber

Devs have addressed this in another post, and said it's not something they're currently considering.

If you're worried about a 'non-stop grief fest' on Zek, don't be. The only zone before level 85 where anyone will even bother to check for targets on their twinks is Crescent. At 85, F2 is the only active PvP zone.

Basically, if you level from zero you'll be alone. If you level from heroic, you'll be alone. If you join a guild in either case you'll be irrelevant to the guild until you have leveled. At 106-110, you may see some PvP around current content. It will not be pretty, it will not be clean, but then again neither would a PvP progression server.
  3. Jeoric New Member

What is the best PvP class in EQ?
  4. CrazyLarth Augur

ask on Zerk
    ask on Zerk
  5. Horribleone New Member

Been playing on and off since 2000, PvP was the most fun I ever had on EQ and I lost 90% of the time as a Shaman. It's was still fun as hell.
  6. code-zero Augur

At one time it was a Bard/Wizard duo. Bard speed and instant cast spells were rough to beat.

Of course it's been a long time since I PvP'd
  7. WTBPvpTLP New Member

It would bring back a bunch of the people going hard on WoW classic. Lots of people have been waiting for a PvP TLP for a while now.

The new Selo TLP peaks out at like 200-300 players during prime time.. Pretty sad.
    Red99 was 500-700 strong for the first year. Still has more players playing then Fippy and they both were released around the same time.
  8. Gherig Addicted since Aug 1st, 1998

Absor was very crystal clear, black and white, red line in the sand in his reply to this kinda of post for PVP anything. There will never be a PVP TLP until players can prove to Daybreak they want PVP by improving the population on existing PVP server over a long period of time.

Until that happens, they will not spend the manpower nor the money to build any sort of PVP TLP server that will be nonviable and a waste of resources with no appreciable rewards for the company.
    Skuz and code-zero like this.
  9. Fluid Augur

Zombie thread, but all servers are PvP servers. It has been maybe a year or two since I last used it, but just use duel on the action menu. What this thread is talking about is non consensual PvP aka cheap shot.

The PvP as conceived was never applicable. It was a lot like 'Truebox' failure to produce solo play instead of farmers running multiple accounts. PvP failed on so many levels it wasn't funny. One of the favorite tricks was for high level griefers, too high to engage you legally, to train an entire group of monsters on you. After you died, they would dry loot your corpse for kicks vs what was supposed to be only cash and maybe an item. They would dump everything on the ground to make sure it disappeared before you could make it back: Nothing but trouble for CS. Note I took my lumps and never made a call to CS, but that was a different time. If the same thing went on now, there would be videos posted all over YT and a dozen threads about it here. Just not worth it IMO.
  10. Greldek New Member

Back in the Best of the Best days, a shaman could 1 v 1 any other class, with a SK a close 2nd.

No idea now adays.
  11. WTBPvpTLP New Member

New PvP TLP?! POG!!!!