New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistatk Augur

Its true. ive noticed it on my paladin. knights should be given something like bard dichomatic mana song, but its innate and just goes off all the time. how it is right now is really unfair for knights.
  2. Ravengloome Augur

Just bring a bard dont need mod rods, marrs or glyph then and no downtime.
  3. Kamea Augur

If guilds making people change mains depending on what class was the flavor of the week was actually a thing, pretty sure rosters would look a lot different than they do today.
    Brohg likes this.
  4. p2aa Augur

Some knights will try everything to divert people's attention of the actual class balance problem.
    Let's have a look at the most recent one : "Warriors can still do their job and haven't been hit by the new knight boost". This is a complete dumb argument.
    Imagine Mages would receive the same powerful nukes than Wizard, Wizards could still do the job, but Mages could do the same. And Mages bring tools over Wizards, like their pet,allowing them to do better than wizards in group content.

This is what happened to tanks, replace "powerful nukes" by "mitigation".

The tank class balance is not right atm. The simplest fix is to reduce the def proficiency of knight in half. Nothing else to change.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Well another month of patch notes and they still don't match up with some warriors calls to nerf knights.
  6. p2aa Augur

Are you so new to EQ to think that if things haven't changed in the last 2 months it will never move ?
  7. Kamea Augur

Not like the DOT changes are the priority re: ability tuning or something.
  8. Warpeace Augur

Are you that arrogant your opinion really matters?

How many times have you come to Knight threads saying they shall not do this or that?

Can easily be said about warrior efforts to ignore the balance issue that was before knights got boosts.
  9. Kamea Augur

Damn you warriors for hiding how lowering our LS mitigation from 60% to 50% made us overpowered.
  10. Nightops Augur

Yeah.. like bringing up wizard nukes and mages with pets. Who would do that in a tank class thread?

Yes.. agree... because knights getting DP didn't change a single thing with warriors and their mitigation or abilities. Warriors can do the same thing before & after the changes to knights. The only hit to warriors is from their egos... and well.. maybe it's easier to place a very well played knight ahead of a badly played warrior in the MT order.

Yes... that would be the 'simplest fix'; just assign a random number to the knight DP and say its fixed. But again... with the random % number... no supporting parses, no supporting reasons.... nothing.. just use the opinion of p2aa; the anonymous warrior guru.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

yes because fixing an unintentional bug is a nerf.....
  12. Mistatk Augur

This seems very logical to me. Then 2 posts down nightops posts, warriors lost nothing so how can they care if knights get massive mitigation boost. Maybe the real problem here is knights perfectly well understand how OP they are right now, and just are really desperate not to loose it.
  13. silent93 New Member

Or maybe the real problem is that Warriors need to accept an actual second thing they do viably (so content stops being tuned to match their mitigation, which even the other tanks couldn't even approximate in the short term). Even Wizards can snare and teleport/evac. Zerkers can snare. Rogues have their stealth and thief's eyes buff (and lockpicking, and trap disarming, and stealing money and non-magic loot, but those are really, really obsolete and non iterated abilities).

Clerics have been jockeying for a long time to get more to their class than 'healer', and have made some real headway. While here, we have warriors desperate to be a complete one-trick pony.
  14. Agrippa Augur

Let's be honest, defensive stance broke all of the tanks.
    Xanathol and Zarzac like this.
  15. Kamea Augur

VoA, RoF, and CotF were all tuned with warriors having 55-60% FS/LS and 5%-10% mitigation when FS/LS faded. TDS and TBM were all tuned with warriors having 50% LS and 35% mitigation when LS faded.

I personally never saw these wild claims about well geared knights not being able to handle raid adds much as less bosses in my experience on either live or beta, and my guild prioritized knights on adds in expansions before and after warrior stances.

Here's what I really think happened. I think people became used to extremely easy raids in ROF and COTF and when some mild difficulty was introduced on 2-3 TDS raids, people freaked out. In reality, tanking adds before ROF was often hard for all tanks.
  16. p2aa Augur

Warpeace and Nightops play both a paladin
    A class that is able to solo named in group content with a wiz merc.
    A class that is able to MT Raid Bosses as good as Warriors, which is the warrior class niche in raids.
    They want no change to the current situation, and want to keep their god mod forever.

Some other knights want to keep the warrior class down, by proposing that "Warriors get some utility like them". One tank class, 3 knights.

I have picked the warrior class, because I wanted the best mitigation on toughest hitting mobs.
    If i wanted to pick a class that is not the best at tanking, but get some utility to compensate, i would have chosen a knight.
    But Knights are able now to mitigate as good as warriors on toughest hitting mobs.

The balance between tank class is way in favor of knights atm. And this needs to be fixed.
    Two solutions :
    1) Either give warriors a mitigation bonus back
    2) Either reduce knight mitigation bonus
  17. Warpeace Augur

You picked the most dependent class in EQ as a Warrior and you knew that when you did. Your not able to accomplish the massive things you can unless you have the proper support. Stop with the class envy crap.

Yet when you had 100% uptime on 30% mitigation all to your self you played like it didn't count.

Feel free to 1) either get utility
    2) pick a different class
    Xanathol likes this.
  18. Warpeace Augur

That's not solo, stop trying to be dramatic.
  19. Ravengloome Augur

Based on how much aggro generation a warrior can have in comparison to a paladin even if the tanking itself was equal what sane RL would have a paladin MT fulltime?
  20. Agrippa Augur

To be fair, though, he has a point about knights and the broken stances that all tanks (including warriors) should never have received. Wiz mercs aren't needed, they just take longer solo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.