New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Makavien Augur

If I share them they will be with the developers and not this thread of pointless arguments.
    You care to share yours in a night by night basis ?
  2. Dre. Altoholic

August 2013 :oops: not that I mind the old post being dug up, but that was before Proficiencies existed.
  3. Xanathol Augur

So you make a claim and refuse to back it... got it.
  4. Makavien Augur

You are doing the same thing though ? I really don't feel like renaming 20 + characters per parse to their class and will not publicly share the parses with people's names in them.
    And I don't have to prove anything to you specifically when I already know the facts .
  5. Makavien Augur

Oh Xanathol where i n that post I made which you quoted did I say it should also equal more dps than the knights ? Didn't I just say they should give us tanking dps to make it unique?
  6. shiftie Augur

The point is he will give you a nod as being reasonable but paint me as the villain for saying the same thing back then in so many words. I didn't get iss nerfed. Anyone with half a brain could tell it needed fixed it wasn't performing as intended. Just because I felt a particular way about how warriors should dos and what weapon sets should be producing it has no bearing on what the devs decided to do. The funny part is how he keeps bringing it up in some weird fixation against every other post or point I make. It is mind numbing
  7. Kamea Augur

Like Dre said, pushing for DW in 2013 was a very different thing since Phalanx existed, and the damage intake difference between the stances was much lower. DW was a viable (although not always ideal) tanking stance from 2000 until 2014. Stance, supposedly the savior for DW, is what absolutely ruined it.

Lets get something clear. You had a problem with warrior DPS level; you claimed warrior burn was more than zerkers and 2x that of pals. While your perception was incorrect and based off of 1 Lilth parse and crappy zerker/pal parses, you focused on the level, and the fact it was from auto attack. Maybe you said something about it being on S&B too, but that was no where near your focus and I don't recall you saying about it.

Regardless, the way to buff DW/2H is to, well, buff DW/2H. Not nerf S&B to hell. Dre suggesting a S&B DPS nerf was a bad idea, especially considered it was already heavily nerfed in 2013.

FYI, in SoF, SoD, and UF, the gap between S&B and 2H/DW was actually relatively low (especially compared to today), even a small boost for 2H/DW will make us use those stances to burn.
  8. shiftie Augur

How are you being clear by speaking for me? Lol

If I said anything about zerkers it was in reference to both classes zerker and warrior in relation to monk and rogue in that warrior and zerker dos is heavily weighted to auto attack dps. The problem at the time was that warriors were Lying about dos potential because they didn't want to admit what happens when dps was modded by adps. And you very clearly state that adps shouldn't be included because you aren't always in a dps group. The ceiling is what matters that's why Paladins are balanced around 7th even though many Paladins can't use it.

The paladin numbers you probably remember me quoting excluded 7th because it is a gimmick, the devs feel otherwise.

You've already been caught making things up and being generally wrong why should I care what you remember? I know what I said you just heard what you wanted to hear so you could blame someone for your disappointment.
  9. Stune Augur

I just want my mage pet mit back so i can hear how tanks got that nerfed too. OP....
  10. Kamea Augur

Not really.

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq...rrior-class-fixes.206994/page-16#post-3058289

Here's what you claimed on EGL (forum gone) for full 7th burn.

Rangers - 60-65k dps
    Rogues 45-50k dps
    zerkers 50-60k dps
    Sk 30-35k dps
    warrior - 48-55k dps
    Paladins are looking at max gear/max aa etc etc of about a 22k parse
  11. shiftie Augur

Lol that was when we first got dp and ij and before valorous and pure forge lololololol or without 7th I did like 89k-100 on Lilith 22k is either before vr/pure or without 7th with max aa as I said

So this is what you've been so mad about?
    Ravengloome likes this.
  12. Kamea Augur

I don't claim to be a paladin historian, but I believe those abilities existed by 2011.
  13. Kamea Augur

Combined: A pestilent bloodreaver in 42s, 21876k @520845dps --- Kamea 21876k @520845dps

omg get us nerfed again Shiftie.
    Makavien likes this.
  14. shiftie Augur

You do realize that 7th doubles a paladin parse right?

Oh and that 7th has minimal effect in such a way on any other class...
  15. Dre. Altoholic

All I gotta say about that is... look where we are today.
  16. Phrovo1 Augur

Woah, can't believe this thread is almost 1600 posts now...:confused:
  17. shik Elder

lets make warriors cry again!
  18. Leex Pewpewer

As much as it pains me to say this, Paladins are actually very OP if played correctly, they come so close to the Warrior mitigation values that when you factor in heals, they surpass the Warriors.

This wouldn't be an issue if mobs could round you still, the raw mitigation would be favored even over the power heals, however that's not the case for TBM..I haven't seen a tank rounded once ( Not that I can remember anyway )

I still rather a Warrior on MT then a Knight, imho they have broken aggro. But from a damage stand point, Paladins can take more, because they are their own personal healer.

Paladins have been shunned so much that this isn't really a bad thing, except for the fact there are a higher number of bad Paladins out there compared to Warriors, as Warriors have been the dominant tanking class for so long.

I'm pretty sure that in the coming months or even in the next expansion they will give Warriors a cookie so to speak and they again will be league above SK/Pally, but for now, it's more even footing then anything else.

The real question is! When do they make SK's a DPS class!? :p
  19. Kamea Augur

1. Knights didn't face a realistic one round chance even under guardian or mantle, before stances
    2. If you read this thread, you'll realize knights think their heals shouldn't be considered in balance discussions because preventing damage is better than healing it, and healing is just a bonus
      • And paladin's abilities to heal others should never be considered, because they're mad how much mana it costs (you'd think it'd be lore appropriate for divas to play bards, but apparently they love unicorns too much...)
    3. If you read this thread, you'll see that knights don't see any problem with parses of SK's taking similar damage to raid bosses as warriors with broken DP + Mantle/Carapace stacking... when pretty much any time in the past decade warriors had a clear edge in this area
    I've been one rounded. According to knights here, discs like Offensive are strong, and warriors should have to face trade offs to DPS. I embarrassingly admit that one time I used Offensive + 2H once on Stem the Tide and was one rounded to AE ramp.

As an aside, this supposedly strong offensive disc knights talk about in this thread do DPS levels Shiftie considered underpowered way back in 2011. Offensive will do low 20k's vs a raid boss w/o aDPS.

All tanks can hold aggro over players fine, baring event mechanics don't prevent that. Pet and friendly NPC prox aggro is still broken on raids, and yes, warriors are the best at dealing it. But according to your logic, warrior demand should demand hinge on pet aggro remaining broken. I'd much rather have pet aggro on raids be fixed.
  20. Seldom Augur

If you read this thread, you'll quickly notice it's a handful of Warriors that continue to bump it. These handful of Warriors that have asked for nerfs on other classes will call those same classes divas for stating the most basic of EQ logic. These handful of Warriors will state things like all "Tanks" can hold aggro "fine", while completely ignoring it's a large advantage to do it better than fine with extreme ease.
    Xeladom and Xanathol like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.