New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sojero One hit wonder

I believe he meant Warrior wasnt nerfed by sk/pal getting stances.

Every class has been through their rounds of nerfs, warriors are no exception to that, ask the mages and necro's :)
  2. Warpeace Augur

Your gaffs keep being brought up because they highlight how little you know, yet you think your the smartest person on the planet.

>>>>Howl of the Warlord nerfed (on raids) <<<<

NEWS FLASH they nerfed almost everyones fade ability and it didn't just effect raids.
  3. Abazzagorath Augur

They could give all that to warriors and...I...would...not...care.

None of that affects my ability to do my job. None of that results in balance issues vs the environment for either knight.

I don't care if warriors did zerker level dps. Would not change my life in any way shape or form.

Heck, I suggested a decade ago that they add a similar slay undead type thing to warriors and sks, picking another body type.

But that is the problem, you don't think that way. You think you need to tear down others to build yourself up, that any increase to the functionality or power of another class makes yours weaker. Stop looking over your neighbor's fences and trying to keep up with the Jones' and play your own character.

The fact I never cared for almost 2 years warriors had DP until I saw it first hand on my character makes it pretty apparent I don't care what warriors get, excepts as it results in ME not being able to do what I need to do. For example:

1) aggro levels - warrior aggro gets too high above mine, abilities of dps classes tuned to that, now I can't hold aggro
    2) mitigation/avoidance levels - warrior gets too high above mine, content balanced around it, now I can't or have difficulty tanking things I shouldn't
    Linden, Khat_Nip and shik like this.
  4. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I particularly liked how he cited the infinite single target aggro ability (PA) as being "nerfed" as proof of some kind of warrior oppression, along with multiple General nerfs that affected tons of classes, including both Knights.
    shik likes this.
  5. Warpeace Augur

I didn't want to even start on warrior pet and the stupid agro it does. Then again its a right to have OP tools as a Warrior but level the playing field and OMG Warriors are broken and the other classes all stole their stuffs.
  6. Kamea Augur

What I still have seen a single knight address in 59 pages is this:

The #1 reason why Elidroth removed Phalanx was because he wanted to take away stackability with def discs; the primary reason he made DP was making our discs less stackable. Yet the biggest power boost by knight stances is making their discs radically more stackable, by allowing the mantle -> carapace/armor + DP stack.

That stacking needs to be nerfed no matter how you slice it.
  7. Kamea Augur

In other words, you support another tank class being buffed, as long as it's not their tanking that's being buffed.
  8. Warpeace Augur

That was actually done in a different thread. Was a rather clear chart showing what stacked and what mitigation it resulted in. Your on top of things as always.
  9. Mistatk Augur

I think you are alone in feeling this way, and I think you make this claim because you know warriors are never going to get any of the stuff, so you don't mind saying you wouldn't care.
  10. Flatchy Court Jester

No don't do that it would be a MISTAKE!
    sojero likes this.
  11. p2aa Augur

Phantom Aggressor is broken on group mob. This is our best aggro tool nerfed in group content.
  12. Dre. Altoholic

ITT:
    Knight posts : Warrior posts ~3:2
    Bad War posts : Rest of War posts <1:4
    Bad Knight posts : Rest of Knight posts >2:3

Post identified as "War/Knight" based on: User icon, magelo, stated intent, demonstrated perspective or self-identification.

"Bad" posts identified as: Attacking poster rather than argument, inflammatory/abrasive, censored/harsh language, showing extreme class bias, presenting incorrect information, trolling, non-constructive, attempts to shame, downplay/exaggeration or other fallacious arguments.

Admitting to my own bias, I applied the "bad" label liberally to Warrior posts (large percentage from a single poster) and conservatively to Knight posts. Also of note is a clear deterioration of posting quality as the thread grew.

I'm not sure whether I'm more embarrassed to admit to being a tank that posts on these forums, or admit to the effort I put into cataloguing over 1000 posts just to figure out who is playing dirtier.
  13. Repthor Augur

almost 60 pages keep up the good work
    Sheex likes this.
  14. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

#VastKnightWingConspiracy

Seriously man, from the very OP this thread has been about creating drama, a sad call for dev attention, indirect calls for nerfing classes that just got a boost (and there wasn't a ton of disagreement about the need of some kind of boost, even amongst the most staunch anti-knight crusader), and general hurt of the rear end. The fact that you think categorizing people's various reactions to it quantifies anything at all is kinda luls.

Example: I'm of the camp that I think they went too far with knight stances and further adjustments are needed. But the amount of overly emotional, disingenuous, completely non constructive and accusatory warrior posts here have pretty much eliminated any sympathy I had. At that point, the thread became more funny than anything else, so my posting reflects that (sarcasm, memes, etc).

TL;DR - this forum won't ever be a place for constructive conversation about class balance. You must know this as you've seen first hand how He Who Shall Not Dual Weild can seriously derail/erode almost anything at any time via textwall. Using post count by assumed class as proof of....knight conspiracy? Hijacking? is beyond silly. Not to mention on a thread that's basically attacking one side in a laughable "oh I'm trying to do a public service announcement to new players and nothing else" way.

PPS: you should run the same "analysis" on Xan's majorly derailed and long SK class role thread, I'd bet the results would be pretty similar, but inverted.
    Xanathol and shik like this.
  15. shiftie Augur

I think your criteria is biased lol.

And as sheex said this thread had one purpose and it failed to even deliver in that.

Very few parses posted. 0 tanking parses. And mostly just conjecture about how the warrior class got ruined because it no longer has an always in 30% advantage.

If someone had posted parses and was like hey this stacking is presenting itself as a balance issue there might be a point. But none of that happened. What did happen was someone got mad that knights got boosted and then called it unfair because knights can also heal.

Whatever the devs decide to do it will have nothing to do with this thread.

Worst part of thread. "Toddler caps lock font"
    Xanathol, Flatchy and shik like this.
  16. Mistatk Augur

the worst part in this post is when all the knights try to lie and keep all the kind warriors down
  17. shik Elder

[IMG]

The worst part?
    It's probably the sad warriors lying to try and keep the mindin' their own business knights down.
    DO U C WHAT I DID THERE?
  18. Dre. Altoholic

I'd been meaning to take a glance through that thread. Look what I found:
    All of these are the words of Knights from just a few pages of that thread. Maybe you'll recognize those last two.

While I agree that there was a general sense of Knights needing help on hard-hitting mobs (Arx bosses in particular) I did not recall the "Knights need defensive proficiency" as any sort of a cohesive rallying call until it was actually announced, and a quick glance through some 2015 posts seems to support that.
    Admittedly there are some (particularly from one poster) but I'd urge you to consider the bulk of the conversation, rather than the "valleys" that seem to stand out in your mind.
  19. Mistatk Augur

yeah don't upset sheex or he will have knights boosted more and maybe even have something taken from warriors. Lets all try to garner sympathy from sheex so that we don't risk him not granting us a fair shake in things. wtf?

sorry that statements like, "I think maybe they over did it abit with copy/pasteing warrior stance onto knights", seems overly emotional, disengenous, non constructive and accusatory to you. I will try to refrain from thinking for myself or having my own opinion about anything from here forward.
  20. Dre. Altoholic

I put those in the "bad Warrior post" category.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.