New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistatk Augur

lol either you don't get it, or your a knight trying to keep knights OP. Anyhow, it was like paladin had heals, SK had taps, and warriors had mitigation, mitigation was our only "hat". If the healer tank, or the dps tank or etc can take the hat, and keep all their other stuff, then there is no point to having warriors anymore.
  2. sojero One hit wonder

I keep wanting to correct these Mistakes but I just don't think it would be understood.
    Xanathol likes this.
  3. fransisco Augur

2 more pages guys, and you hit 60 pages!
    shik likes this.
  4. Warpeace Augur

No they will claim personal attack and then rabble rabble self healing rabble rabble.
  5. Kamea Augur

Knights seem to think that there's a mitigation threshold to tank some mobs. That is, mobs were tuned to high warrior mitigation and knights got hit so hard that heals didn't matter, therefore, knights should be entitled to high mitigation.

What you guys don't understand is that things go two ways.

I'm one of the better geared tanks in the game, yet I had periodic struggles with a relatively easy tank for someone with my gear level, Damsel of Decay group mission. Multiple times the group healer would get snared in the tunnel while changing levels, leaving them OOR. I would take damage slowly but couldn't use fort since I needed to save that for later in the mission. I died quite slowly multiple times where even modest healing would've held me over. And no, 4.7k PDH mitigation doesn't save you against 15k+ hits & spell dmg, so this notion that preventing damage is always better than healing damage is wrong.

The same could be said for any mob that stuns, mezzes, or fears the healer. Knights don't know what it's like to be a warrior dying slowly because your healer can't heal you, because they can bail themselves out. Yet knights here would argue that if there's a mission that requires an external healer, warriors are better..... because the prevailing knight "logic" in this thread regarding healing is either you can provide 100% of the heals or you need or else they don't count.
  6. sojero One hit wonder

The opposite is true, it sucks to be 1 rounded the instant your disc wears off, or 1 rounded when disc is running because it is a bit lower than the top tank.

Also do you really think that 1 heal that the pal is going to get off then has a 2-6 second lockout is going to make all the difference? Do you think that SK lifetap that hit for minimum is going to save them? All the while taking more damage than the warrior is because they are taking avg of higher DI hits? Why not use flash and give your healer the 6 seconds needed, would be even better than what a knight can heal for, and the knight would probably use the new shield flash during that time too.

In reality these changes really just pushed us where we are equal in all aspects of the tanking game, we just survive a bit differently. we are all around the same DPS as well and the only one that bring more utility is paladin, but they have to give up their agro and dps spell sets to do it, so they have a balance there.

We all can go back and forth all day long on this crap but its up to the dev team, you have a beef present your claims to them in a PM and see what happens, other than that, this thread has become a crap slinging fest that is so far down the crapper that there really is no saving it at this point. Sorry to anyone that has read it this far, unless you got some entertainment out of it, then, your welcome!
  7. Mistatk Augur

lol again with the mystery, everyone should just trust you, cuz the truth is so complex nobody would understand it.

They made knights tank like warriors, and they didn't change warriors, and therefor things are out of balance. It isn't a mystery or super complex.
  8. Mistatk Augur

Yeah, I personally don't feel that personal attacks add a lot. And i believe self healing is a big deal. If they decided to take knights ability to self heal away how would that go over? maybe that is something we can suggest? self healing is useless and should be removed from all 3 tank classes all together. Sounds about as reasonable as adding warrior mitigation to all 3.
  9. Mistatk Augur

just stop you aren't getting 1 rounded with your disc running, who you kidding.

Yeah, knights sure are equal in raid tanking now, glad we can agree on that.
    If you feel you've been slinging a bunch of crap, that is on you, and anyone else who has been being dishonest to try to boost their personal gains. When i say it seems unfair to copy/paste warrior stances onto knights, that is a pretty reasonable statement, I think.
  10. sojero One hit wonder

Again with the Mistakes

on a side note looks like we may hit that 60 pages yet.
  11. Amped Journeyman

Does this mean you will delete your toon and stop whining?

Because if you continue to play, there is obviously a point to having warriors. In which case...Stop whining. There is a running theme here......
  12. Warpeace Augur

Boo hoo I don't have my 30% 24/7 365 mitigation advantage anymore.

So that's what you come up with, impressively stupid like complaining about not being able to use Knight ratio weapons.
  13. Abazzagorath Augur

Seriously. Just. Stop. Posting.

I'm sorry that you feel that your neighbor getting the same ice cream cone as you is just soooo unfair. Deal with it.

You have not been nerfed. Warriors were not nerfed whatsoever. Move on with your life.
  14. Buds Augur

Mistatk, you don't know enough to argue here, you really don't. You are angry that Knights get something you had exclusively and didn't have to give anything up for it, we get it. But you REALLY don't understand the game, you think you do, but you do not. Not trying to offend you too much, but trust me, you need to just go play the game and have fun, enough with the worry about other classes.

Every argument you had from weapon ratios to the AC return from the AA were completely wrong and you don't understand the way the game works or why those things are they way they are. You are not going to win anything, even if they nerf knights back to nothing, are you?? Your warrior is still as good as he was, enjoy.
  15. Mistatk Augur

How about if I have a purely sentimental attachment to my player I've played for 15 years. I still got to not care what they give knights or what they don't give warriors?
  16. Mistatk Augur

They copy pasted warrior stances onto the already very functional knight classes and all you want to talk about is weapon ratios? get real.
  17. Mistatk Augur

my statement that knights get their own weapon set with super nice ratios is not incorrect. And, my statement that knights get more ranks of the armor AA, is not incorrect. But, what do i know, i don't know what I don't know, so I can't know, what I know. All knights understand a deep dark secret of everquest coding and mathematics that nobody else understands. If others knew the secret, they wouldn't think giving warrior stances to knights was unfair. If only I knew what I don't know. darn
  18. Mistatk Augur

Lol this response would fit equally well if they gave warriors, splash, group heals, single target heals, cures, Ac buffs, resurrection, slay undead. Of course it would be totally absurd to give warriors all the paladins abilities. Just like its absurd to give knights all warrior mitigation, which was their 1 trick. So, I don't know where the neighbor and the ice cream cone thing fits in, but I know this change is ridiculous. Maybe you guys think if you keep up with all the ridiculous analogies and make believe screnarios, you can shift the focus away from the fact that they just way over did it on this change.
  19. sojero One hit wonder

You do realize that every class gets 21 ranks of AoW, and SK/Pal is more expensive for the same net benefit as the warrior one.

You sir really need to stop. Go use the tools that are easily find-able and use-able

http://www.raidloot.com/AA.aspx?name=armor of wisdom&class=Warrior

http://www.raidloot.com/AA.aspx?name=armor of wisdom&class=ShadowKnight
  20. Kamea Augur

Perhaps you shouldn't make claims about a class you're not expert on. In the past year:
    • Warlord's Grasp nerfed
    • Brace for Impact nerfed
    • Phantom Aggressor nerfed
    • Howl of the Warlord nerfed (on raids)
    • Heroic Blade & Calculated Strike damage nerfed
    And, Warrior's Bulwark did not receive the upgrade to its broken hit limit that devs promised.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.