New players - pick a knight if you aren't a boxer

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Time Burner 2, Feb 18, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mistatk Augur

Sadly, how much dps a class does, is part of the class balance discussion for me. Warriors do 10x the dps of paladins? but paladins can heal? and they both tank the same? that is one thing.

Paladins out tank, out heal, out dps warriors? that is another thing.

Yes, dps matters.
  2. Mistatk Augur

and yet after reading everything you write, I can't tell if your arguing for or against DP being justified.

Seems like arguing for keeping it, while trying to admit its overblown.
  3. Triconix Augur

No, a paladin is not 80 times more dps than a warrior. Not even the best player of the best dps class is 80 times better than a warrior. If my best burns are around 75k (in non optimal set ups) that means a person would have to be doing 60 mil dps...lol

If that were the case, current raids would be killed within 10 seconds by just carrying a couple of those classes.
  4. Mistatk Augur

perhaps i exagerated when i said 80x

What i should have said is while spam nuking, in the dru/bard/ench setup i suggested, my paladin does a ton of extra dmg via procs. Damage that my warrior does not do at all. And no, it isn't offset by my warrior gaining more from shaman epic (then my paladin who also benefits from it).

I'm talking not even the same ballpark, but yes, it is not 80x.

Now, about that db vs di in your guys mitigation vs. self healing calculations. We seem way more interested with memes and jokes, then talking about that.
  5. Warpeace Augur

Tri I cant help you there Mistatk just refuses to be informed and makes up facts non stop.

That OMG Paladins do 80% more dps than Warriors post was just icing on the cake for them and the lack of information they have right.
  6. Dre. Altoholic

So, I'll give you all that, if you consider we're starting with an average gap of (per Sojero) 4k per hit, from which we subtract lifetap healing, including cast taps and totc/shroud procs, all while keeping in mind these are the very most extreme edge cases which illustrate maximized Warrior mitigation and minimized SK self healing advantages.
  7. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

I've been wondering that this entire thread and most of Xan's SK role thread. None of us are ever going to dps like a real dps class, so who gives a crap at being the winner of the tank special olympics?

The pointless, petty debate about who the "dps tank" is, was or should be has done more harm to the productivity (note, an extreeeeemely relative term in this case) of these threads than a thousand Battleblades-hand-in-hand-with-Mistakes-marching-in-a-shield-pride-and-textwall-enthusiast-and-noncomprehending-readers parade.
    Dre. likes this.
  8. Mistatk Augur

again. I believe if you refer to my original post, or i can re link it for you,
    I said 80x, not 80%. I honestly never thought 80x would be taken as a serious number, where as 80% possibly could be, which is probly why your altering what I said. Let me go recheck the original post, to make sure i didnt make an error.
  9. Warpeace Augur

ex·ag·ger·ate
    iɡˈzajəˌrāt/
    verb
    past tense: exaggerated; past participle: exaggerated
    1. represent (something) as being larger, greater, better, or worse than it really is.
      "they were apt to exaggerate any aches and pains"
      synonyms: overstate, overemphasize, overestimate, magnify, amplify, aggrandize, inflate;More
      embellish, embroider, elaborate, overplay, dramatize;
      hyperbolize, stretch the truth;
      informallay it on thick, make a mountain out of a molehill, blow out of all proportion, blow up, make a big thing of
      "the conflict was exaggerated by the media"
      overstated, inflated, magnified, amplified, aggrandized, excessive;
      hyperbolic, elaborate, overdone, overplayed, overblown, over-dramatized, melodramatic, sensational;
      informalover the top
      "an exaggerated account of my exploits"
      antonyms: understate
      • enlarged or altered beyond normal or due proportions.
        adjective: exaggerated
        "her plump thighs, exaggerated hips, and minuscule waist"

I don't thing you did that at all...nope not one bit
  10. Mistatk Augur

No, see. This is my original unaltered post.

You are intentionaly changing my post to make it appear i said something different.

You can clearly see here, that i posted 80x, not more 80%.

If you are having a hard time seeing it, you can change the font to one that makes it easier for you.
  11. sojero One hit wonder

Because memes are fun and colorful, and your banter is just mean and cruel.

BTW do you know what the DB for many mobs in current xpac is, its pretty low.
  12. Mistatk Augur

So, if a boss mob hits for 60k, and they upped it 80% that would be 108k, a big boost, but still in reality

If they took the same mob and upped it 80x, that would mean it hit for 4,800,000 clearly absurd.

Anyhow, I think that demonstrates why you found it necessary to alter what i said.
  13. Mistatk Augur

I don't have access to the exact DB for each raid boss, perhaps you could post it so we can compare notes. This is the db numbers you used to make the argument that knights needed DP when you were hanging out with the developers?
  14. Warpeace Augur

Really what the difference between 80 times (80x) and 80% you exaggerated the numbers to try and make an OMG post and you were called on it. Stop already with your non stop made up information to attempt to attack Knights.
  15. Mistatk Augur

Really? You don't think saying 80x was an exaggeration? Well, ok I guess, I can't speak for what you think. So long as you admit i said 80x, and understand mathematicaly what that would mean, sure, you can feel however you want.
  16. Warpeace Augur

Trust me Tri is even feeling it.
  17. sojero One hit wonder

Yeah me and the dev crew we have beers every friday night, crap I might be late to the nerf zerkers meeting this week!

the db changes from mob to mob, but it is less than 10k on raid mobs and 3k on the usual group trash
  18. Mistatk Augur

seriously? After i do that nice math for you, your going to say the "what difference does it really make" thing. Lol.

Take your car insurange is 1000$ and they raise you 80% to 1800$, sux but you can live

now, say they raise it 80x, to 80,000$, thats going to hurt abit more, don't you think?
  19. Warpeace Augur

You just don't get it when you get straight called out for wrong or flat out bad information and you double down then try and act like you never said it or meant to say something else or it never happened.
  20. Mistatk Augur

ok, so assuming it is 10k, which i dont know but thats what you say. You guys were doing math where you go, ok 4x hits every round blah blah. Well, 4x 10k a hit, isn't subject to mitigation, but it is subject to self healing and runes etc.

Next you guys do math like, so 4x10k, 40k, thats X dps per second, vs Y self healing per second. 40k of the dps in your calculation is an amount worth mentioning, if its erroneous, imo.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.