New players and returning ones beware

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by Janette, Nov 17, 2018.

1. Janette New Member

Its been a good amount of years playing this game and sadly I am done with it. This game has the golden formula for a mmorpg, aside from it having some outdated mechanics. The reason I finally can't stay even with all the love I have for the game is the company running it. Daybreak obviously doesn't care about the game and the support for it is beyond minimal. 35$ for a upcoming garbage expansion, 18 dollars a month for prestige, and comedic support issues when submitting a ticket. To new or returning players, just stay out and save yourself the time. The game is pretty much in a stagnant state and does not have a future outside of its most hardcore fans.
    poopface likes this.
  2. Mexen New Member

I started in 2000/01. Left around 2004. Came back for abit around 2012. Left again. Came back recently. Have and had a great time each time.

Nothing to date has what EQ has, believe me, I've tried them all. Some do some things better but none has it all.

Take care on your adventures and I wish I played on FV so I could ask you for stuffs!!

Well wishes.
    Lagerale, Pirlo and Janette like this.
  3. Buri Augur

If you can get in with a good guild, it can make a huge difference in your game experience. Due to mostly older players, EQ has a great community that can be very helpful. Believe me when I say that every server has decent guilds who are eager for more people to join them.
  4. Zamiam Augur

why does it cost you $18/ month ? most it should cost you is 14.99 least is free
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Tax? Exaggeration?

I would like the next person who is not happy with EQ to reply with what they have found for around the same price that is unlimited each month.

If not then all you folks who don't like it just keep movin' on! Nothin to see here.
  6. bigpapa Augur

a year sub is $9,99 / month.
    BTW if you are palying in firiona vie or some other server , and knowing what you doing, you can probably be able to buy a krono here and there from players , collectibles and tradeskill stuff sell for good amount of plats,
    if you can kill some nameds who can drop spells / armors / augments , it is even faster.
  7. Herf Augur

Can we have your stuff?
  8. Skeetari Lorekeeper

Ahh, the weekly sadface player coming to try for one last limp middle finger as they quit because of something that made em mad.

Sorry you got upset enough to quit. Most people who get that way just stop logging in. But then we have the select few who still actually care and don’t want to quit but feel they must share some negativity as a final hurrah. Most of these players will return later on, but without the fanfaire. Out with a bang, in with a whimper.

At this point people aren’t weighing their decisions to come back based on someone being annoying on the boards or not. But if it makes you feel better, ok I guess. GL out there.
    Pirlo likes this.
  9. Sagarmatha Augur

I will never understand whining posts like this one. If you don't like the game- QUIT! It's that simple. Do you think Daybreak will read this post and suddenly conclude, "gosh, we better lower the prices of our expansion and monthly fee, as this post clearly shows us the error of our ways! Oooh, how were we SO WRONG for all of these nineteen years?! How could we be so blind!?!"
    Cyri likes this.
  10. I_Love_My_Bandwidth Mercslayer

Step back. Take a break. Try some other games.

We'll be here when you get back.
  11. bigpapa Augur

12. Meridian Augur

bye, Felicia.
  13. dmccollum Elder

Because that's the way capitalism works. He feels that he has been ripped off after DBG purchased the franchise. Voting with your wallet is the way a for profit company gets the message. He is entitled to share his opinion to influence more players to vote with their wallet to gain the attention of DBG to change their ways. He's mad that the only good MMORPG on the market is slowly being destroyed (his opinion) and wants to band together with other customers to show they want change.
    Lagerale likes this.