New Player to Mischief (and EQ in General)

Discussion in 'Time Locked Progression Servers' started by Kaldram, Sep 6, 2021.

1. Kaldram New Member

Hello! I have tried a few TLP servers in the past, but never really had the time to stick around. I now have time to invest, and this server seems super fun. That said, I am super newbie. I have little knowledge outside of sitting on my knees as a necro to my mid 30's. I was looking to play a Ranger and get it levelled. Are people fairly active Q side, or is it all top heavy now that the server has been out for a few months? I'm really wanting to play, but I don't want to invest my time into a character only for it to be impossible to group.
    Yinla likes this.
  2. Green_Mage Augur

The server is top heavy, but there are a lot of alts, people joining, and more people will join during Luclin. Basically, if you play a lot and make your own groups -- its not bad at all. But its a bit rough for people that play very rarely or can't coordinate with others.

As a ranger this era -- you are basically a tank in groups and a dps in raid. It starts to shift to be a more dps dominate class in groups as well starting in Luclin. If you want however, you can collect tanky gear and continue to group tank for many expansions moving foreword. Its just that that its at odds with your roll as a bow dps in raids (later -- melee).