New PC build crashing in EQ. Ryzen 5700g onboard video

Discussion in 'Player Support' started by Gearrwin, Dec 14, 2021.

1. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I just built a new pc with a Ryzen 7 5700G. I intended to use onboard video until video card prices dipped a bit. It has 32gb ram running at its XMP profile. When I'm playing EQ the screen goes black, the cpu fan speeds up and the pc becomes unresponsive. Even holding in the power button does not reset the PC. I ended up downloading Skyrim Anniversary edition in order to see if I could get that to crash as well but played a couple hours and it went smoothly. Ultra settings at 1080p were choppy but at high settings it played well enough.

Any idea if there are any issues with onboard graphics? The CPU temps seem low enough. They don't go over 50C.

Edit: Clean install of Windows 11 as well.

Ryzen 7 5700G
    Teamgroup 32GB 2x16 DDR4 3600
    Samsung 1tb 980EVO NVME M.2 SSD
    ASRock B550M PRO4
    Corsair RM650 PS
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Start with the easy way

Download Direct X 9c - not the most recent version which will override this one but sometimes this lower version is needed. Most often the cause of the black screen

It seems microsoft has blocked the normal link for 9C so here is the backup we use

You can safely download DirectX End User Runtime from this alternative site.
    https://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/microso...
  3. Gearrwin Lorekeeper

I downloaded and reinstalled direct x 9.0c from the link. EQ still crashed after logging in my character. I then did several things. I uninstalled the audio drivers and let windows install default drivers. I had updated the audio drivers from the ASRock support page for my motherboard. I then went into the bios and changed the RAM from XMP profile to Auto and lowered the video memory from 16 gb back to 4 gb. One big thing I also noticed is that the it was set to external graphics instead of iGPU. I didn't think about checking that before. I figured since I had no GPU installed it would automatically be set to integrated GPU. After all those changes I logged back into EQ and was able to play a couple hours with no crashes. I hope it stays that way.
    tanith and CatsPaws like this.
  4. thorongil7299 New Member

im running an amd ryzen 3 2200g with raden vega...
    16 g of memory
    xfx Radon rx 570 rs xxx edition 8gb video card

and i get random eq crashes as well.

I'm using cpuid hwmonitor to keep an eye on temps..

idle cpu is about 30c
    hard drive is 33c
    video card is 27c
  5. thorongil7299 New Member

1 account open im alight but when i go to 2 box or 3 is when most my issues happen, i do think its a heat issue. i can get my room to 60 and no little to no issue playing
  6. Wulerdar Gnome Slayer

you might have to edit your eqclient.ini file and make sure the resolution is set correctly sometimes it sets to low