New Music Today, Plane of War tomorrow + more!

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Phathom, Apr 1, 2014.

1. Phathom Champion

I'm sure you are well aware by now of the new music today. Countless hours were put in to create such a masterpiece. Many developers wanted to be part of that but only a few could. It was so popular that there was constant banging on the audio room door while this was being recorded. ....we eventually unlocked the door and let everyone out. :D We hope you enjoyed the change.

Now tomorrow, we have an update that features the launch of the Plane of War. It is targeting level 95+ to get in and in about a month, we will be releasing an additional Raid that can be attempted at 95+ and a Mission which can be attempted by level 65+ (this will scale based on the highest level player in the zone).

There are also some changes to Heroic Characters
    • like wiping all experience from corpses if you are upgrading an existing character up to level 85
    Player-castable Auras
    • They are being changed to last 75 minutes now instead of 30 minutes
    Also, there are many other changes coming tomorrow. If you have already read some of the test notes, then you know about this. But what you probably haven't heard are some other changes that may or may not affect the each player. Here they are:
    • All evac spells will now have a confirmation. Players have been complaining that they weren't ready so we're allowing you to be 100% sure.
    • Fellowships will now consist of the following: four Halflings, a Dwarf, a Ranger, an Elf, a Warrior and a Wizard.
    • The entrance to the Burned Woods has been moved and can now be found south of Freeport.
    • Mounts have been change and everyone must be at least forty-two inches tall to ride. Sorry Halflings.
    • Pets and Mercenaries can now be disciplined via the in-game voice chat. Their behavior will change accordingly.
    • Voice chat is now required for all spell casting and Bards will now have to sing and play appropriate instruments into their mics.
    • Depending on which zone you are in, the Overthere may be referred to as just Here.
    • The following zones: the Forgotten Halls and the Forgotten Temple of Taelosia have had major upgrades....but...I can't remember what it is now.
    • After much debate over proper pronunciation, the following Norrath zones and names: Qeynos, Halas, Najena and Firiona Vie have been properly renamed and can be pronounced as Qeynos, Halas, Najena and Firiona Vie. Please make note and say this correctly now.
    We hope you have a great day and a great April 1st!

Best regards,
    Thom Terrazas
  2. Enkel Augur

You sir, just made my day.
  3. Edrick Augur

Finally. I've been looking for the Burned Woods ever since Kunark came out. Can a necro sow me please?
    Phathom, Fanra and Crystilla like this.
  4. Iila Augur

I'm glad the devs are finally listening to feedback, I've been waiting for these changes for years.
    Phathom likes this.
  5. Iila Augur

Achievement unlocked: Tic-Tac-Toe. Get 3 RoI in a row.
    TheQxx, Phathom, Edrick and 1 other person like this.
  6. Sostenes Augur

So THAT's how you pronounce Najena
    Elricvonclief, Mykaylla and Phathom like this.
  7. Necromonious Augur

Lol those changes are hilarious! I love the fellowship one! :) and the evac! Lol "are u sure u want to evac?" "Are you REALLY sure?" They should have an additional confirmation hahaha ;)
    Phathom likes this.
  8. Cordilya Elder

Very funny, especially the music! :D
  9. beryon Augur

Was the bit about the Plane of War missions not going live for another month for real?
  10. Riou EQResource

Yes, those are 15th anniversary stuff though
  11. beryon Augur

But...the anniversary isn't in May. o_O That's kinda disappointing.
  12. Edrick Augur

What was the cast list on the new music? I think it needs a title actually. It should be called "Duuuuh duh duh DUuuuH duh duh duh duh *pssh*"
  13. Moklianne Augur

This was cute, but I would have rather had the original MIDI music put back in for the anniversary in the zones where it existed, including the EQ theme. It would have been a true tip of the hat to the old timers.