New May TLP Guild

Discussion in 'TLP Guild Recruitment' started by Silias McKendrick, Feb 8, 2023.

1. Silias McKendrick Augur

Guild Name (Band of the Red Hand, tentative to change)
    Discord https://discord.gg/Z6tqGrkDjp

(I am Zilias, from Phoenix Ascending on Phinny and Managler. Originally Silias from 7th Hammer in Raiders of Thought.)

Looking to do a Semi-Hardcore Raiding guild.
    "as in completing all content in a timely manner, 3rd to 5th to finish"

Time frames considering would be 5 to 8, 6 to 9, 7 to 10 or 8 to 11 pm EST. Two to three days a week.

Simple DKP, with some constraints in place like pool caps, a handful of item restrictions that are meant for progression etc. Discord/Gina required.

Preferably looking for people that are helpful to others, but not willing to be ran over either.
    Open to teaching new/returning players as needed in classes, game mechanics if such is still needed.

I will be leading Raids but will be looking for 2 additional RL's to run when I cannot be there and to help with raid window/loot. Will also looking for around 3 to 5 others to Admin Discord/Banking/Rules etc.

Join the Discord or Post here if interested.

(as of 2/25, Looking for people that would be interested in cleric, druid, wiz, mage, bard classes.)
    Sanduleak and Chanaluss like this.
  2. Basak Augur

I was wondering when the first one would pop up =P

I like to keep my options open but I'll join your discord when I get home and get to know you and any prospective members.
  3. Silias McKendrick Augur

The early bird catches the clap. Jokes aside, having a full roster and structure in place when it opens is a lot more ideal than recruiting on the fly and figuring out what to do when the first Immac shield drops.
  4. Crabman Augur

Ooo what is the shield of the immaculate guild stance? That is the all important classic question
    Ketchup4 likes this.
  5. Silias McKendrick Augur

First one goes to guild bank so I can spam that on Vulak. If by Innoruk a second one drops then everyone is free to splurge the dkp pile and cash out their kr.
  6. jeskola pheerie

Oh, this is what Strohs was talking about...
  7. Psalmz Elder

Good plan so far, lets see what the server's going to be...
  8. Kahna Augur

It takes 8 seconds for the shield to cure Vulak's disease dot. A bad shaman with their disease cure can take it off in 6 seconds. A good shaman will start casting before the dot lands and take it off almost instantly. This isn't an item worth nearly what people think it is worth.
    Grok and Rounlin like this.
  9. Zerm Resurgence GM

Now this is someone who understands what it is really worth. Very smart, and a solid plan to keep the prices low.
    Ketchup4 and Rounlin like this.
  10. Shield O' Immaculate New Member

Will you get the first Blade of Carnage, Ring of Destruction and Sceptre of Destruction also?
    D4 it is and Rounlin like this.
  11. Ghost Of Fippy Augur

Anything else you will be keeping for yourself?
    D4 it is, Sanduleak and Rounlin like this.
  12. Silias McKendrick Augur

Oh my, look at all these trolls. I would say I'll be keeping your mothers undewear, but she is in her 60's and you still live in her basement.
  13. jeskola pheerie

Its EQ, he is in his 60s, mom is an octogenarian
    Aiona likes this.
  14. IvanTheTurrible New Member

Managler?

When is GINA actually required......... ROF at the earliest?

At least wait til they announce the two server rules, /shrug.

TLDR: take 1 minute to edit please and <3
  15. uk6999 Augur

Dunno, being one of the first to put yourself out there can be helpful in recruitment. Obviously there are some powerhouses around that basically recruit based on past TLP successes that run 2-300 man rosters and recruit on occasion on the forums to keep their splits going. Then there are the rest of us. TLP attrition means you always be losing players so see no harm in posting early and building a solid base as DBG likely wont annouce rules until late March or until April.
  16. Silias McKendrick Augur

No need to worry with others. PA is still going on Mangler and in CoF, 1 1/2 year til they hit live. Outside of maybe 2 to 3 guilds per tlp, (usually the over zealous recruit for multiple splits), most dont make it pass PoP. So I am pretty sure what I helped do there, carried it a long, long, long, way.
  17. Basak Augur

How is that an important question? It is a worthless shield I never roll on can't see a reason why anyone would ever want it.
    I sense a great jealousy here with this username. Have you been hurt over a worthless shield before that you need to comment on things that are obviously have more value than a silly shield enough to make it your username *laugh* go you!
    Not sure what you are indicating here, the quote you are questioning on "holding for self" gives zero indication that he is holding it for "himself" it is clearly stated in his post that it is going to the guild bank not to himself.
    You know what he was talking about.
    GINA is a silly program that is never required, even into the current content. It is a program used for those wanting to be lazy and not learn the fights. Having said that, if a guild requires it when I join, and I enjoy the guild, then I will use it, even if it is on Nagafen.
    Wait for the rules for what reason?
    There is no need to take a minute to edit when people understand what is being said. If he wants to edit, he will, nobody needs to be corrected, especially publicly, about any spelling or grammatical error. Have an issue, send a private message.
  18. ISmellLikeInnySwamp Augur

I hope that your guild works out for you. I've made the unfortunate mistake of picking two guilds which have either split pre-luclin or disbanded post-pop. It ruined the TLP for me. I try not to decide on a guild until we're a month into the server, but I'll keep an eye out on this thread.
  19. Silias McKendrick Augur

Feel free to join the discord server to hangout, get to know people.
  20. Chanaluss Can spell Doljonijiarnimorinar, Iqthinxa Karnkvi

I have a good deal of respect for Zil, even if we disagreed a bunch in the past. He wont steer you wrong if you want a good experience on the new server. Check him and his team out