New Loot System Info and Bugs

Discussion in 'Test Update Notes and Bug Roundup' started by Hludwolf, Feb 6, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. moogs Augur

Wondering how this will affect a mass killing farming session of grey cons. I did this yesterday on my druid, and the most time consuming task was to go through all of the corpses to decide what I did and did not want to loot. Can I select "Always loot this item" and "Never loot this item" like a Blacklist/Whitelist sort of thing and edit this list as new items from the loot tables drop? (I would mostly want tradeskill items, gems, etc.; usually not interested in the No Trade Quest items.)
    Lisandra and Barton like this.
  2. Hludwolf Developer

Not at this time.
  3. Angahran Augur

hmm, it wasn't a "no", does that mean it's a possibility for the future ? /em passes Hludwolf a cookie
  4. Vaclav Augur

Started testing this - loving it - but one possible request if it's at all possible (or maybe there's a method to do it I'm missing)

Could you possibly add (or if not explain how) a method for making the ADVLOOT window only pop up when there's a NEW item that isn't covered by "Always" cases?

I love it, but once I've got most of the drops covered for a camp for the rules its annoying having "options" I don't care for - would be awesome if there was some sort of "IfNEW flag"
  5. Nennius Curmudgeon

How intuitive is this new system ? Or should I expect to screw it up the first few times ? :)
  6. Iila Augur

With no effort, it's like having the corpses of your kills pop up without having to click on the corpse. From there you can loot or leave items.

With some effort, from there you can have it auto-loot, auto-ignore, or auto-random items of your choosing.
    Barton and Lisandra like this.
  7. Hludwolf Developer

Its a possibility, but is very unlikely that it would happen soon.

When solo, this should work now if you are Applying filters and have all of the items marked with AN/AG and Never. Group/Raid works a bit differently and is a bit more complicated as loot needs to be distributed. It is something we could add in the future, but no promises.
  8. Vaclav Augur

Yea, only been testing in group with the wife to give full context. But good to know it's already doing it for solo - so you understand my desire.
  9. smash Augur

I hope you change so it is set OFF as default.

I am one who is not going to use it, and would hate to have to set it off on every char.

I am pretty old fashioned, and I want to have to enable something, instead of having to disable something.

I also think your CS will be less burdened, with the thing disabled as default,

I would hate having to contact CS because having activated the loot system, and be told, sorry nothing we can do.
    Melanippe and Xianzu_Monk_Tunare like this.
  10. Hludwolf Developer

The advanced loot system will be on by default when this system goes live.

Iila sums it up well:

Lisandra likes this.
  11. Mysl Augur

Please reconsider to set the advance loot system by default.
    There are about 90% of the player base is not reading the forum. This system looks complex, and putting it as default, we will have some steep learning curve, with a lot of mistakes on the way.
    CS no longer help on the mis-loot, so it is going to cause a lot of hard feeling.

We had been using the old system for 16 years, old habits really die hard. I believe the opt-in would be a better approach at this point.
  12. Melanippe Augur

Interesting that the button/command needed to set the system to NOT be the default isn't even on the first window that will appear when someone loots something. "Hide it in the menus". What's a little extra work for those who dislike it, right?

Indeed, as you say, Iila sums it up well and you apparently agree. The Team wants it. The Team likes it. The Team has decided it's a better system. The Team has decided it is "best for the players". The Team is excited about it. The Team is aware that the Customer Service policy with regard to mis-looting items is "recover items through game play". Therefore the Team has no need for concern by releasing a complicated not to mention buggy new system onto the live servers as the default system, especially one which handles something as trivial and unimportant as loot. Brilliant.

So the question remains. Precisely what will the Team and Customer Service do for players when this "better system", of which a vast majority of players will be completely unaware until they try to loot a mob, causes players to inadvertently mis-loot an item? Anything? Anything at all?
  13. rune00 Augur

I love the new loot system thanks for creating it hludwolf,
    Got one question though, are filters stored locally or server side?

I would very much like to be able to copy filters from my main to all my last of the same class...
    Lisandra likes this.
  14. Hludwolf Developer

I'm glad you like it! They are stored client side and there is an in game method for both transferring all filters from one player to another and merging them into your character using the Merge/Replace filters button in the Edit Loot Filters window.
    CrazyLarth, rune00 and Lisandra like this.
  15. Vassaggo New Member

Since the patch this morning I keep crashing when trying to enter world from character select screen. I have made it only about 3 times out of about 20 login attempts. When I was in I tried entering the /advloot window but it would not appear. I use a custom UI so I thought it may have something to do with that. I changed to the default UI, entered /advloot screen and turned it off. When I would try to go back to my custom UI it would again crash.

Are there any specific files that I would need to copy over to my custom UI to enter the new system? And is there any reason for the crashing so often? I don't think it could be specific to my computer because the same thing happens on both of the computers I use to run the game.
  16. Iila Augur

It's 100% your custom UI. The animations and template files changed.

You might have to wait for your UI author to update, or ask someone to help update your UI.
  17. Lighteningrod Augur

Are there any new a /slash commands besides the /advloot toggle? To set loot types, add linked items to filters or anything. I didn't see any in the help menu, nor do I have a suggested implementations, but /slash commands have a way of slipping into existence without being documented.

I figured I would check.
  18. Kellaer Augur

I'm liking the system. I did get a small bug earlier, that may have been reported. I'm too lazy to read the thread. I joined a group full of real players, and the shared loot portion of the advanced loot window wasn't showing up. I noticed that the scroll bar on the right only had a top arrow, and no bottom arrow. I assume it got buried so far down that no matter how much I expanded the window, it wouldn't show up. Relogging fixed it.

I don't know what caused the issue so I don't know how to reproduce it, so sorry for not being able to be too helpful here. I'm using the default UI.
  19. Yesak New Member

Same issue as above. No matter how much I expanded the loot window, I could not see the shared portion. Logging to char select screen and back fixed it.
  20. Zaknaffein Augur

In the HA Mission The Hills are Alive, I had the step to Recover the mushrooms from the crates and barrels as one of the steps.

I client crashed twice attempting to set the Crates and barrels to ND on my two boxes in the shared loot area of the window after my master looter failed to loot the mushroom drops from the crates and barrels for some reason so I kept trying different ways to loot the damn things because you can't progress in the mission without looting all of the mushrooms. I finally had to camp out on the master looter and camp back in, as soon as I camped back in it automatically looted the mushrooms w/out doing anything. I had set everything on my master looter as always need, as I only planned on looting with him everything that dropped, but some items were unable to be awarded to him after clicking.

It's early and I wasted most of my lesson of the devoted trying to get the damn mushrooms looted so if you need me to detail anything in particular ask away. So far the loot system seems good in theory but it's causing me more grief than I usually would.

Can't I just set one of my boxes to loot everything anytime something drops w/out the advloot window popping up after every single kill on all of my toons and manually clicking the loot all button?
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.