New loot system and raids = Horrible

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Drakang, Mar 25, 2015.

1. Metanis Bad Company

I will readily admit that in a boxed group the ability to easily and directly send loot to anyone in the group is a really cool feature. However, I would surely hope that in a raid situation the raid leader has absolute control over disabling AdvLoot. I'll find out tonight I guess.
  2. Waring_McMarrin Augur

That is not at all what I said and you are trying to make me say something I didn't. What this gives is the ability to deal with drops especially quest drops and be able to continue fighting. A good case for this is the recent quests where the number of drops is based on the people on the quest that need that drop. With the new loot system it becomes very easy to track how many you currently have without having the check each corpse to confirm the number that dropped and then deal with them all once you have enough for the whole group.
  3. Battleaxe Augur

This is a problem for you? Did I quote you accurately?

A lot of this stuff is ground spawns or pseudo-loot - randomly left on someone's cursor and not looted directly from a corpse. And the rest takes a trivial amount of effort.
  4. Waring_McMarrin Augur

??? Saying that this makes dealing with quest drops easier means its a problem? Why do you have to be so negative about change? I change that makes the game better for players (even if its not all players) was a good thing. And yes eliminating the need to take time to run to a corpse and sort out who needs what drops is a good thing for groups with little down time (and the downtime is mainly to deal with drops)
  5. Battleaxe Augur

Acting like it universally takes care of the not problem with items used in resent quests IS an issue.

First, as noted above, a lot of this stuff is ground spawns or randomly left on someone's cursor and not looted directly from a corpse.

And secondly the not needed cure is a lot worse than the condition its meant to but doesn't rectify.

I'll defend (not that Daybreak needs me or you to defend them or not) Daybreak until I'm blue in the face over the need to raise lockout times and defer some of the experience in HA's until completion. And I will also take them to task over frivolous changes containing numerous oversights when their main issue is content and player retention. Oh, and keeping their new master convinced that their eye is focused on making money and not having fun making doodads.
  6. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Have you considered the fact that people may just be defending the fact that they like the new system and think it was a good idea?
  7. Battleaxe Augur

Have you considered the facts that:
    1. Officers of some significant guilds will not be using this unless there are major changes.
    2. Even those who like using parts of this like it only under some circumstances and have suggested changes.
    3. They are unlikely to drop it. Therefore the questions are:
    a. what changes would make it more widely acceptable
    b. Does Daybreak understand dissatisfaction with the quantity and quality of its content is more important than doodads?

Apparently you haven't.

If it ain't broke don't "fix" it.
    If you fix it anyway, don't break it.
  8. Axxius Augur

Ok, tonight was our first guild raid since the ALS went live. All I can say is: it's really terrible on raids. And the devs definitely don't raid, otherwise they'd discover all this already.

In many raid events, adds drop items. So, that [censored] window pops up for everybody whenever something dies that drops anything.

Next, some raid mobs drop items that are needed for the event, i.e. people need to loot them and use them. With ALS, they can't! The corpses are locked, and the master looter has to unlock them by marking the drops as 'Leave on Corpse'.

AM2 was really annoying. And I can only imagine how bad it is in the raids with multiple trash drops.

I only have one quick fix to propose: disable ALS for raid mobs. There are just too many issues with this system to be used on raids right now.
  9. Kellaer Augur

It is awkward for raids if you do not have a master looter that is proficient with the interface. However, the incredibly annoying popup (like on event 2) can be taken care of by checking the box that disables automatic popup. And as far as I can tell, for picking up the cores on event 2, yeah you're going to need a master looter who is right on top of things to do the correct thing with the cores.

I'm okay with the new system, but when you have things that need to be clicked for the raid, having it rely on a master looter (whose internet can cut out, for example) isn't so great. As for giving out loot from the chest, it works very well.
  10. Deillusional Augur

We raided with it off yesterday, the 15 minutes chest lock out is bad, even with it disabled. To get round it we had to give the entire raid loot rights, and that didn't help alts that much for any rots.
    Imrahil and Yinla like this.
  11. Axxius Augur

Which defies the whole purpose of the system.

Just turn it off for raid mobs in code until all these issues are resolved. It does more bad than good for raids right now.
    Yinla likes this.
  12. Drakang Augur

On raids we tell people when it pops up the first time hit the minimize button instead of closing it. That avoids it popping up again.

Bug if you zone with the interface minimized the group/raid loot section of the window gets pushed so far down you can't get it back. Reloading your UI fixes this.

Having to send items on events like ARX 2 to a person is a pain.
  13. Dre. Altoholic

So that's what's been happening to me. Thanks for this post.
  14. Detheb Augur

After all these years, me and Battleblade finally agree on something. You know you've got an issue.

This system *Could* be good, but its terrible implementation, and the fact its basically unusable on raids, makes it pretty poor. How is this system any *easier* than just right clicking a corpse? Maybe if you're mass killing it would be beneficial, but even mass looting isn't hard.

I guess the real question is. How can you make something that was probably one of the easiest parts of the game, into a complete mess thats complicated and leaves a ton of room for error? What exactly was the point? Its a failed system, because it makes looting bad. Thankfully we can turn the darn thing off. So, thanks for that at least?
    Melanippe likes this.
  15. Imrahil Augur

We are raiding without ALS as it is just horrible under those circumstances.

I am happy some people love this. I doubt they are raid leaders.

PS: I still wonder why this was needed more than for example fixing the often mentioned issue with "too many group leaders in raid" because single invites get always counted as groupleaders...
  16. Bahdah Augur

I had no problem, LOVE IT, keep it up ! best part is, it worked well on raids ! just saying ;)
    Lisandra likes this.
  17. Tmon Journeyman

I like the concept of the new loot system for group play, but I don't know it's effect on raid play.

My complaint is simple, this weekend while grouping I would send loot to a group member but sometimes the loot would not appear in their advloot window. Several of my group members had to log out/in just to get items to appear. There are bugs in this system and the developers need to fix this thing.
  18. Silv Augur

Your guild leader wrote the guide that SOE is using as their official tutorial... of course you all have no issue with it. That was after weeks of testing and providing feedback. Are you suggesting we all should have been on Test for a month to learn the new loot system so it can work wonderfully for us too?

We just turned it off for raids and gave entire raid looting permissions in the raid tool to avoid the 15 minute lockout. Maybe one day it will be a benefit but I'm not seeing it yet aside from soloing.
    Imrahil and Bahdah like this.
  19. Silv Augur

You pulled the Tyson card! No fair! :D
    Bahdah likes this.