New Jeweled Weapons and AE.

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Angre, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Angre Augur

Yeah the damage is great, and they appear to be awesome weapons for all classes. But, DB always has a little bad with the good.

Hiding under that damage is Rain of the Overthere proc. A 50 radius AE Proc that does 3333 dmg to all mobs within range and could easily wipe a raid.

I can see this being used at certain times and situations, but it won't be my Primary weapon, especially on raids.

Feedback?
  2. Monkman Augur

Yep, take the good with the bad. I personally love it for swarming. For the events you can’t AE bag it. They’ve already taken away the knock back component which was the worst part about the proc.
    moogs and Bigstomp like this.
  3. Cicelee Augur

So.... don't use it on raids?
  4. segap Augur

I wish they'd do more weapons with situational use. Add some variety and reason to loot and carry multiple weapons. That makes things more fun for me.

Also, where is the 1hp weapon for rogues and a h2h/1hb for beastlords?
    Niskin likes this.
  5. smash Augur

Agree there should be a 1hb. Seems 1hs is covered but not 1hb/1hp/h2h.

@ngreth
  6. Mortium Elder

I use mine all the time on raids. I have a hotbutton that switches out between that and Dreadspine for when I have to turn off AE or turn it on.

Has improved my DPS greatly. Now topping parses again!
  7. Bigstomp Augur

Bandoleer works. In most raids this expansion I don't feel it's too dangerous. (damage is weak enough not to kill charmed group members). It's pretty common to have to swap weapons during a raid (less so lately but not uncommon). I know tanks swap alot between being sub par dps and horrible dps but tanking.
  8. Ngreth Thergn Developer

These were absolutely intended as "toys" with situational uses, especially the hammer.
  9. Fohpo Augur

The obligatory weekly repost of a topic that has already been discussed.
  10. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Exactly! I love these items. I wont use the 2hb on my druid or Shaman as a "weapon" but I use the click! Maybe one day I will upgrade them to the raid version, but that isn't going to be today, or even this month.

It would be cool if there were other "toys" for other classes. Or maybe Illusion's or other all/all items, even if it was more steps for be quested! Goo illusion, must kill 50 Goos for the update!
  11. Dreadmore Augur

Gear generation has been turned into a rather boring formula for the last several expansions already. A bladed weapon for melee, a 2 hander, a knight 1 hander and a knight 2 hander, a rogue piercer, a hand-to-hand, a shield for tanks, a shield for melee, a shield for priests and casters; accessories are all/all with little significant variance in stats; class-specific armor sets... you get the idea.

I like this chase loot. I like the items from the Ancients in Frontier Mountains. I like the small side quests you have to take to get each one. They make the game feel more organic and natural and less like a stamp from a template. Feels a bit more like classic EQ. It would be cool if there were more of these, for sure, but not at the expense of it just becoming another template, you know?
  12. Mortium Elder

I remember the days where certain pieces of gear defined you. Mana stone, Rez stick, CH Breastplate. Epics. Ykesha swords :)

Even silly things like the holgresh beads and amulet of necropotence.
    Andarriel likes this.
  13. unit New Member

I like how not a single person in this thread said the name of one of these weapons. Im curious to what item you are talking about.
  14. smash Augur

At begining on beta i think it was mentioned about the ot hammer.

There i expected there would only come the ot hammer with same function old hammer had, nothing else.

Then they came into play, modified a bit from players request and got upgradeable with raid diamonds.

That kind of changed my view of them, from being toys to be usuable.
    svann likes this.
  15. Ngreth Thergn Developer

Yeh. I knew the AOE would make its use situational. But, that overall it's more or less a toy... sometimes more useful than a toy... sometimes more dangerous than a toy.
  16. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

I had zero need to upgrade mine with a raid diamond, but I did. This hammer is sweet for swarming green and light blues for tradeskill junk! I do wish it looked like the Gorowyn Raid NPC MagmaLord hammer tho! That would be sweeet!
  17. unit New Member

Can someone link one or two of these weapons that the thread is about that not a single person has said the name of yet?
  18. Khat_Nip Meow

19. Dreadmore Augur

20. EnchFWO Augur

Here is a link to the NPC who gives the "quests" so you have some more info - note that not all of the quests are listed yet for some reason:

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/npc.html?id=53842