New Heroic Ranger - Need advice!

Discussion in 'Hybrid' started by The Bagman, Jun 28, 2017.

1. The Bagman New Member

Hey all,

Could anyone give suggestions on spell bar setup and bread and butter AA abilties for a new heroic Ranger level 85?

I did the best I could with digging around with searches and honestly did not find much up to date information. Posts from Brohg and a few others have gotten me started but I would like some more up to date guides.

Any information regarding this, macros/keybinds or anything at all would really be very helpful. This will be for solo/group play with little or no raiding.

So far from the information gathered from old posts this is what I have so far.

Spell bar normal setup is Focused SoA, Cataclysm Ash, Windwhip Bite, Summers Mist, Nature's Entropy, Vinelash Cascade, Flusterbolt, Oceangreen Aquifer, Protection of the Paw, Spinecoat, Eyes of the Nocturnal, and Crackling Blades.

I have kick on autoskill right now but nothing for firing arrows or anything else.

Thank you for any and all suggestions and assistance!
  2. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Getting a hot key /autofire set up is a must. Do you have a quiver? Try to get Prescient Fleeting Quiver http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=89583 - You can make but will take a while to get up there or buy one in baz. Also pick up an Ancient Arrow http://everquest.allakhazam.com/db/item.html?item=118678. Once again make it or buy in bazaar. Only need one arrow, that one should cover all mobs, magic etc. Since you have the "endless quiver" AA that means you only need one arrow in your ammo slot.

I have spell sets saved - one is call buffs which is all my buffs that might be needed. The other is kill with kill stuff in it. I crossed over on both with Spirit of Falcons (speed + floaty) since I need that alot. I have our entrap AA hot key'd cause I use that a lot also but keep the others in the spell set kill.

A lot depends if your going solo, grouping, boxing or raid. I have always kept the hot key origin right next to weapon shield lol. Not as necessary now days as it used to be.
    The Bagman likes this.
  3. Treiln Augur

I'm going to be vague because I'm not in game and am on my phone. But my spell line up looks like (@90)

1) Biggest heal
    2) Fluster/Blusterbolt (knockback/memblur)
    3) Vinelash
    4) Swarm DoT
    5) Swarm of For (applies DS to targets target)
    6) Biggest Fire nuke (fast cast, longer recast)
    7) Biggest Ice nuke (fast cast, longer recast)
    8) Summer Mist line (fire/ice combo)
    9) Focused Storm of Arrows (single target, multi hit)
    10)
    11)
    12)

10-11-12 I keep as situational. Some times I keep our hate line on there (heartshear I believe is the 85 one). Mainly in case a healer or clothie takes aggro for a second i can taunt/hate line and keep them alive.

AAs and what not: Entangling for sure. Snares are great. Cover tracks
    It's your fade ability that keeps you from ranger gating. Innate camouflage for instant invis.

Most other things I can think of, I'm sure you've read over in my returning ranger thread where Brogh has commented and what not.
    The Bagman likes this.
  4. The Bagman New Member

Thanks CatsPaws and Treiln for the replies. I was hoping for more than 2 but I appreciate you guys taking the time to answer!
  5. CatsPaws No response to your post cause your on ignore

Not a lot of folks drop down this far in the list of the forums. You could always re post in New Player and maybe get more responses.
  6. Moldar Augur

Basically in terms if leveling up and performing dps and gear up it is very simple for a ranger.

Weapons, best ratio wins always, best ratio primary second best ratio offhand. Bow, best ratio the better.

Gear, high heroic dex and ac. Don't about anything else

Spells - so this might seem complicated but essentially it is called shots, followed by focused shots, then alternating your fire / ice nuke lines. (Cataclysm then galvanic ash) (windwhip then rime fall) followed by summer's if your mana can sustain it, dots it is only worth it if it will last the full duration.

Basically once you hit level 99 you replace the 30 sec nukes with summers