New Hate Mod for Preservation of Tunare Line

Discussion in 'Tanks' started by Goodn, Dec 5, 2017.

1. Goodn Augur

Well, patch notes from test today included:

- Spells that stun or increase/decrease hate with your target will now be more likely to stack.
    - - This should prevent abilities such as Hallowed Lodestar or spells like Impose for Honor from conflicting between casters. [Note: Included this because it might be good...I have no idea]
    - Paladin - The Preservation of Tunare line of spells will now increase all hatred you generate while active.

Warpeace posted 15% in the patch thread...which is what I assume the increase is...

Assuming this stacks with Face Hate mods, this could be good for me as a grouping paladin (although I will admit that snap aggro was always a bigger issue for me than building hate). I'm curious if the always on part of this will be bad for raid paladins...will it?
  2. Riou EQResource

Nah, it is probably not enough even :p

Plus you can click the buff off if you are worried about aggro for some reason
  3. Brohg Augur

Absolutely not a concern.
  4. Warpeace Augur

This.

That 15% bump is just that, a bump. Paladin will not be stealing agro from everyone left and right unless they are a bad SK or Warrior.

Yay for always on!!! Five minutes and some odd seconds a shot or until refreshed:(. Still a lot better than nothing and leaves room for adjustments when needed.
  5. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

wish this would get added to the new unity line, along with stance and be mana free...guess that to game breaking
  6. Warpeace Augur

I would not waste time adding a 5 min and change buff to the Unity AA line Our Class Aura would be better or some other class dependent buff with a duration.
  7. Ofearl Slayer of all things Stupid

Im only thinking of the times I die during a raid and get back, hit 1 button for buffs and get back into the fight vs mem a buff spell set then re mem the other set etc. more or a QoL than anything else.

Typically when rezzed in we have zero mana, hitting hiatus, memming the spells, casting, rememming raid set etc can take time. Not a lot but some. Id rather hit marrs gift, mod rod, unity, taunt, disc and be into the fight in less that 20 secs.
  8. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

I think it's highly annoying to keep this buff up in a group that is pulling more than one or two mobs nonstop. Unless I'm sitting there doing nothing, the proc count limit runs out well before the 5 min duration. Some groups, I was lucky if I could keep it up longer than a minute. Personally, I think the proc limit needs to be bumped up a lot.
  9. Kleitus_Xegony Augur

It's missing the following:
    -- Silent Piety
    -- Blessed Aura
    -- Valor of Marr

I can't really think of anything else off the top of my head that someone would want to add to it. Especially since I doubt that they'd add the Preservation of XXXX line to it. Same for Steadfast / Defiant Stance. Our versions of the Cleric buffs are either overwritten by a merc in the group game, or a real cleric in raids so there really isn't any reason to have those added to it.

Doing exactly what you mentioned, you're going to be missing 10% to resists, 5% group heal mod, 25% haste (via spell). That's not something that will hold you back from going into combat. Your quality of life argument is perfectly legit though - it would be great to have at least Silent Piety and Blessed Aura added to it - I always wonder about the usefulness of Valor of Marr but included it in the list above anyways.
  10. Warpeace Augur

Preservation, Yaulp and Stance spell / AA lines should all be consolidated into one like Unity has been. If nothing else because they are all short duration and would be a decent quality of life change.
    Kleitus_Xegony likes this.
  11. Warpeace Augur

More of a gee thanks for the agro and screwing us at the same time putting it on a 5 minute buff that has very few counters. My suggestion was to split the buff into two separate ones. One for the heal counters and one for the beneficial effects of Preservation and the hate mod. Refresh as needed for the heal portion.

I think the hate mod placement was poorly though out, unless your playing super casual. Higher end groups will eat right through the counters well before the buff could expire. They could always increase the counters to like 120 so it does not poof in a couple minutes.
    Kleitus_Xegony likes this.
  12. Wulfhere Augur

Be at ease Warpeace, the Focus AA for Extended Preservation of Marr line includes extra charges for the last three ranks

Rank VI, VII, VIII have +5 charges each (+15 total) starting at level 106
  13. Chaosflux Augur

That's still a joke, it should have been 15 charges per rank.

Or they could have been sensible and split the hate mod off into it's own buff
  14. Wulfhere Augur

Aye to that. At least they know it needs more charges and have established a means to add them.