New FV Type Server

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SnowcloudsFV, Dec 24, 2012.

1. SnowcloudsFV New Member

Has sony considered creating a new FV type server like they have done for the rest of the servers, thus allowing us to start from scratch; however, no "rat races" though. Allow each expansion to exist for 6-9 months then open another expansion so it allows everyone time to explore the current expansion. FV server has become way over crowded with the F2P which is great because we have lots of new & returning people, but starting over with the knowledge we have now would be even more wonderful. I know the new fv type server would go well, and you would get veterans like myself as well as other servers move over to it. It would be nice. I have had this discussion in general chat for the last year and we are all waiting to see if sony would go through with it. Thanks Gang! :)
  2. SnowcloudsFV New Member

Also, don't limit the new server to "Gold Members" only, allow it for "Silver Members" as well. That way it helps move some population over even for the grandfathered / $5 month members. I would be more then happy to pay the $5 a month for 3 of my 6 box accounts, but the normal price would be too much for the hassle.
  3. Laronk Augur

if you 6 box why do you need a new server
  4. SnowcloudsFV New Member

I ment, I have 6 chars, 5 are box's. And why did the other servers need new servers that started over? What is good for some is good for all of us that play eq.
  5. Waring_McMarrin Augur

Silver isn't $5 a month but a one time payment so I don't see them adding just silver accounts to a new special rules server
  6. SnowcloudsFV New Member

But the server would not be new special rules. It would be a new fv type server starting from scratch. No need to make special rules.
  7. Koutarou Elder

No more special rules servers please, ever. Let the scant development resources that SoE still puts into EQ1 be used on things that benefit ALL players.
  8. Tegila Augur

is someone actually complaining that fv is too crowded? wasnt there all kinds of effort put into trying to retain what few ppl played on the server not too long ago? like they did with zek, servers that have traditionally been hurting for numbers, and in this case already DO have special rulesets (selling gear that isnt meant to be tradeable) why would they make another server of this type when the original cant keep players-enough as it is
  9. Waring_McMarrin Augur

No it would be a new progression server based on th FV rule set since you want the expansions to unlock over time. If it was just a new FV rule set server it would launch with all expansions available.
  10. CaptAmazing Augur

I don't think FV is too crowded. We'll start going backwards now that've turned off the free transfer.
  11. Laronk Augur

I like the way the population is on FV