New Forums Wishlist

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Saroc_Luclin, Oct 9, 2012.

1. Beimeith Lord of the Game

Dzarn likes this?
    Rtugok and Dzarn like this.
  2. Geroblue Augur

Hmm. My 2 copper pieces worth.

1) Fixed or variable width, doesn't matter to me.
    2) different skins.
    3) I hope the forum search is better
    4) More easily see/readable titles under avatars for the nice folks like Nolrog. I saw the post requesting same for Devs.
    5) having the seasonal avatars back as choices would be nice.

I tihnk most of the rest of the posts covered the other items I was looking for.
  3. Kaylui Forum Developer

Can you check your IE settings for me?

In IE9: Hit F12 to bring up the developer tool window. At the top of that window, ensure that "Browser Mode" and "Document Mode" say "IE9" and "IE9 Standards", although IE8 should be fine as well. You can click on them to change them if you need to :)

We're also working on the post tracker only tracking posts instead of activity. I agree that seeing a bunch of "likes" isn't the most useful thing in the world :p
    Cakvala and Dzarn like this.
  4. Cakvala Augur

DZARN LIKES IT... is that like "MIkey will eat anything" (Kix Commercials)
    Dzarn likes this.
  5. Randragon Augur

Wow, I am simply having major issues with the new Forums setup. Banners and drop down boxes all over the place. I simply can't create a new post even logged in bud I have to use somebody else's post to reply to it. Then the box you type comments in gets all skewed.
    Before you ask me to submit my info please remember is that I can't start a new post. It simply won't let me type in the box.
    Also, in the middle of the forums, there is a cirved 'EverQuest' banner that bleeds through to the foreground right through the forum section I am viewing which obscures what ever is right there at that layout spot. Not sure who designed these new forums but I hope you got a good deal on their contract.
    Also, can't edit older posts again, but even if I could i probably wouldn't be able to type in the box.
  6. Kaylui Forum Developer

These issues are likely coming from your browser version (we've been able to replicate these issues on IE 7 and below). At the top of your Internet Explorer window, click "Help" then click "About Internet Explorer." The window that pops up will tell you the current version you're running.

If you have IE 7: You'll need to upgrade your browser, you can do this at the official IE page.
    If you have IE 8: Compatibility mode is probably turned on, which essentially makes your browser pretend that it's IE 7. To turn it off, click this button:
    [IMG]

If you have IE 9: Refer to my post above about changing viewing settings for IE 9.
  7. Shang Augur

Dzarn is the overzealous facebook friend that likes everything.
    Geroblue, Rtugok, Dzarn and 1 other person like this.
  8. Redrum_Redrum Augur

My wish list would be a forum section split up into each era/expansion for people to discuss game mechanics, kill spots, bugs, etc of each of the expansions.
  9. Matia New Member

Members List/List of who is logged on the forums
  10. Fanra https://everquest.fanra.info

Please add the option to disable similes in your own posts. When I type : ), I want the option to have it not be :).
  11. tn_war Journeyman

I didnt read through the last 4 pages because I'm lazy so excuse me if this was already listed.

If we cant stay logged in to the forum indefinitely can we at least get it to remember our log in and pw like the patcher does?
  12. Caudyr Augur

So I was looking at the Following part of the page...what's really the point of it, if you can't see what the people you're following have posted? Can we get it set up so we can see what they've posted, at least their 'most recent activity'? Can have it be a drop down when you click something, if need be...but...yeah.

As it stands I really don't see the point of it, other than people saying "OMG I HAVE 4892734 FOLLOWERS AND YOU HAVE 4892733! ME > YOU!" ...please make it have some actual use, because if it does have one, I sure don't see it. :p
  13. Mesc Old Soul

Any word if/when they are doing changes to the forum? Especially the color/skin?
    The forums are still way to bright. would like the option to use the old eq forum skin.
  14. Elflacks New Member

I just want my "Elder" back. :/
  15. Elflacks New Member

+1. Me Too. </aol>
  16. Mesc Old Soul

WTB an option to stay logged in.
    staying logged in is ftw
  17. Mesc Old Soul

Not good having to log back in to post
  18. Naeeleu Elder

agree wish it would aleast give us the option to save our info like the patcher.
    Ritmo likes this.
  19. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Or at least having them stop logging us out of the computer we are on if we have not left the page. Have something on the page reload regularly to keep us logged in. Otherwise the only way I can see us being allowed to stay logged in on the forums is if upon registering for or when you next log into the forums it has us choose a forum login and password that is required to be different from our Station Name & password as well as our forum handle. This secondary login and password will only log you into the forum and not grant any other access. Otherwise SOE is not going to allow us to remain logged in due to security concerns.
  20. Oakenn Tigerspirit Augur

if it hasn;t been said.. being able to quote someone and have the quotes in their post come with it. Its pretty annoying when your trying to expand on what someone said in a reply and being unable to see what your talking about.