New Forum Skin

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Virrago, Nov 2, 2012.

1. Virrago Guest

We have added a new forum skin tonight. It stretches the readable area of the forums all the way left and right, allowing for more readable area in posts.

To try it out, point to your name at the top of the forums to get the drop down menu, then click preferences. At the top of that page is a "Style" setting, change that to stretched. Then click save at the bottom.
  2. Virrago Guest

I rather like it myself :)
  3. Beimeith Lord of the Game

You are the wind beneath my wings.

Next up, additional color schemes and options for less graphics? (And then avatars, and unlimited editing of posts?)
  4. yaddab Augur

That's much better - thank you
  5. Toquillaw Augur

Yes, Much better. Thanks very much!
  6. Qulas Augur

Oh wow, this is much better.
  7. Cakvala Augur

Thank you! (Can you do the same skin with dark colors and ill be set!)
  8. Bauer Augur

Eh. Not a fan. I had to switch it back to default immediately. lol
    But I am sure others appreciate the option!
  9. Xnao Augur

I love it. I request the creator be promoted.
  10. Melanippe Augur

Very much an improvement.
  11. Cyliena New Member

Oh WOW this is wonderful, thank you! Please remember to make that an option right away with the EQ2 changeover on Friday, too! ;)
  12. Tobynn Augur

Stretched is good. Stretched Dark would be even better. Black text on white background may be great for e-books, but its lousy for forums.

[IMG]
  13. Yther Augur

It's much better on Firefox. Still a few minor things like the main page text boxes on the right side of the tables being too small for the text they hold and cutting the 2nd line off still. Even with custom colors it seems better organized, and the colors look good. I'm with the many others wanting a darker style also.

Yther Ore.
  14. Hatsee Augur

This was not a skin, you just stretched it.

What this does is merely makes the blinding area on the screen larger, which means that those of us with bleeding eyes can't use it.

Here is a new skin.

http://forums.station.sony.com/vg/index.php

This is what we need, darken things up a bit. I realize this is partly a personal problem but this needs to be done and has been asked for by many.
  15. Tobynn Augur

Brown on white vs. Blue on white. At best only a slight variation, and in no way something I would consider a new skin. I could likely accomplish the same appearance by screwing with the color/contrast settings on my monitor.

Dark background, light font -- a negative image -- now that's a new skin.
  16. Hatsee Augur

Close enough, but I can stare at that one without getting a headache.
  17. Owen27587 New Member

I like it, and it got me to finally make a forum account so I could set the preference :)
  18. Diptera Augur

Thanks for the option - it's better now it doesn't waste so much real estate :)
  19. Seffrid New Member

Certainly an improvement thanks, and whether people like it or not at least it's now an option.

My only complaint is that (as far as I can see) you need to log in each time you visit the forum in order to activate the stretched skin, and I imagine most just browse unless and until they want to post something and then they log in. That would be easily resolved, of course, if the forum allowed you to remain logged in from one session to another as most boards do.
  20. Endaar Augur

I think when this was added, something changed on the 'default' skin that's throwing off viewing on an iPad. Basically the 'text' portion of the forums gets shrunk substantially to fit the full width of the page. This wasn't happening previously. The stretched skin is fine but of course you have to log in. As above, please just allow us to remain logged in and this would not be a problem.

Endaar