New Forum problems for a returning player.

Discussion in 'The Newbie Zone' started by silverfox, Oct 11, 2012.

1. silverfox New Member

A couple of things I'm having issues with.

First a minor thing, I had an account on the old forums since 2004, returning here and there over the years. When I logged into the new forums I must have picked a different handle. Are all my old posts gone, is there anyway totie that account with this new one?

Second, a Major issue. There are not too many easily searchable venues for information on this game that are actively updated. These forums are one of the best sources via google searches.

However, any Google result I've found that points to the official forums for the game won't resolve to the page with the information. It is mildly annoying, and I was wondering what the plan was? Should I come here and start a brand new post for any question I had?

Example, Google "Archery, arrows, bows, newbie guide for rangers?" and click on the SOE URL, it will resolve to;
    http://www.soe.com/en/community.vm

I see this as a significant hurdle to returning players, any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. Maybe I'm missing something, I only tested in FF and Chrome.
  2. gcubed Augur

In reference to your old posts.
    These are new forums running under a different engine. Nobody's old posts are connected to their handles on this forum.

Currently, everybody's old posts still exist in the archive, but that is going to get purged in a few months.
  3. Fenthen aka Rath

1 - No, as previously stated
    2 - It's a new forum, give it a few days