Fixed New Experience gain % not showing correct amount

Discussion in 'Resolved' started by Astefin, Sep 21, 2022.

1. MacDubh TABLES!!!

Thanks, that all checks out based on my particular scenario (level 120s on aaxp and a level 90ish on regular).

Look forward to a fix and I like the addition of the xp notification.
  2. Velisaris_MS Augur

When you guys get a fix for this, could you possibly look into making a toggle for this message, so we can turn it on/off?
    Fenthen, Skuz and I_Luv_Foraging like this.
  3. Karanthal Augur

The errors in the display also seem linked to a player in the group leveling up. At that point the rest of the group start to receive incorrect figures in the display. Actual xp awarded it still correct.

Once those other characters also level up the display seems to correct itself.
  4. Fenthen aka Rath

Have you guys tried just replicating the actual experience earned into the message, and not using some sort of gimmicky calculation which is obviously broken?
  5. Meeko Developer(Code)

Math isn't a gimmick. Percentage is calculated the same way everywhere. But if you put the wrong numbers into the calculation you're going to get a result you didn't expect.
    code-zero likes this.
  6. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

It was being drawn from the wrong group member, got it.

But, this still leaves us to wonder. Why was one of the group members getting 0% xp?

Was every report of 0% from a power leveling group?

Is there possibly still a truncation error (cutting off to three digits) a greater than 0 amount of XP that may have been tiny (less than three digit precision)?
  7. Soulbanshee Augur

https://forums.daybreakgames.com/eq/index.php?threads/game-update-notes-september-21-2022.285539/
    - Experience gain messages will now also display the percentage gained. This change currently only applies to regular experience (not AA).

100% AA shows as 0%, no option to turn it off.
  8. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Yes, I'm aware there are legitimate scenarios where a group member is earning 0 XP.

I'm not making an accusation, I'm asking a question. Asked another way, Are we certain 0.000% is absolute zero?

How is 0.0001% xp displayed? If such a small amount of xp is possible.

If it were me checking the fix for this, I'd test each group make-up from 2-6 members, with each player 90% to AA (or 99% AA if you can go that far). In a power level situation fighting greens to the lowest level. To tease out the least amount of non-zero xp you can test.
  9. Meeko Developer(Code)

The percentage is truncated, not rounded. So there could be a case where the amount of XP you earn doesn't give at least 0.001% xp and will be given in the chat message as 0.000%. When the XP is added to your XP total though, it could end up showing that 0.001% increase.
    MasterMagnus likes this.
  10. MasterMagnus The Oracle of AllHigh

Thank you for taking the time to explain that detail. I know it's probably unimportant to most people. I find it fascinating.
    Meeko likes this.
  11. Meeko Developer(Code)

This issue was corrected by this month's update.