New Expansion

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by SonOfABiscuit, Sep 27, 2020.

1. SonOfABiscuit Augur

Any word yet... on... anything?

=D
  2. Febb Augur

It's in development if you have been keeping up on new things that slip in on patches. It'll be interesting to see what they can get pushed out the door without Prathun.
  3. Visitor Augur

Torment of Velious is still on sale, there will not be any information on new expansion until the sale ends.
  4. Andarriel Everquest player since 2000

Cant wait i wanna spend some money this time around last time i ended up buying two tov expasnion gift things.

Andarriel
  5. Bigstomp Augur

I am very sure when word is available, darkpaw people will be pretty loud and advertising about it.
    Nennius and Andarriel like this.
  6. Flat Toad Elder

Anticipating dubious pleasure of wooing level 115 sirens in grotto, are we? ...
  7. Jennre Band Leader

8. Nennius Curmudgeon

And that advertising will be almost entirely directed current users instead of being used to try and lure in unsuspecting new players.
    FubarEQ and Allayna like this.
  9. Natal Augur

In the new expansion all mobs will be able to mez, stun, root, snare, knockback and AE silence. Plus they will take 5 minutes to kill with a full group burning hard and hit for 80K, along with AE DoTs and rains. Nameds will drop cloth caps and be 10x harder.
    Metanis likes this.
  10. Allayna Augur

What a ray of sunshine you are.

ToV is a not a difficult expansion, let’s hope the next one has some locked zones, you know, for your own protection from the mean ol mobs.
  11. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

At EQ is well beyond the point where there is any benefit from the company advertising the game to new players. That time past back years before now, back when the company was still called SOE. IF they had actually made any effort to do any kind of real advertising back during TSS or when EQ went F2P, then maybe EQ could have gotten a serious resurgence, but Sony had no faith that players of those times would want to play a game like EQ, because WoW, and they spent their money on EQII and a myriad of other games, most of which have been dead for several years now.
  12. Flat Toad Elder

piffle...we see returning players nearly every day on luclin...as well as noobs. The bright and shiney wears off rather quickly on "modern" stuff to many newish gamers, particularly low budget players who opt not to invest crazy cash in a high power gaming machine.
    heh,heh...there's a certain appeal to an in-depth game like EQ that can be played on a 2 AA battery soupcan.
    IblisTheMage likes this.
  13. IblisTheMage Augur

2 batteries is if you box. If not, 1 is enough.
    Metanis likes this.
  14. Angahran Augur

They haven't even attempted to draw in new players for at least the last decade!
  15. Angahran Augur

If there are no new players coming in then populations are just going to drop until there is noone left.
    Us old timers are not going to live forever you know :p
  16. Tornat Augur

Who can they advertise to , this November is so bonkers for gamers . while i'm no marketing person but I would imagen the cost to acquire new customers would be through the roof right now. prob waiting for next EQ anniversary they do a splash at it, I dunno.
  17. Nennius Curmudgeon

The last really creative bit of promotion I remember came from the SOE folks where they sent a sort of caravan across parts of the US to promote their games. Living in the San Diego area I got to visit it at the first stop. I don't even remember much promotion aimed at EQ2. That strikes me as strange.
  18. Nennius Curmudgeon

The last really creative bit of promotion I remember came from the SOE folks where they sent a sort of caravan across parts of the US to promote their games. Living in the San Diego area I got to visit it at the first stop. I don't even remember much promotion aimed at EQ2. That strikes me as strange.
  19. Nennius Curmudgeon

Pardon the double post. It said the server timed out. The forums do kind of really, seriously, suck for efficiency.
  20. Skuz I am become Wrath, the Destroyer of Worlds.