New Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stom, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Dazherz New Member

Sancus, as usual you seem to have and intuition about what's gonig to happen. Or, at least, it agrees with mine. Two years ago.. a bit more, actually, Elidroth came out and said "Gee guys, we're at the end of the road with AAs almost."

What does that mean? Well, one way to put it is to say that the fantasy of infinite growth finally met up with the limitations of what happens when you grow (anything) class power without regard to the limitations and resources.

AT THAT VERY SAME TIME DPS started flattenning off. No kidding. And for every single class there have been changes detrimental to the class, but the morale, but the the historic context of the game as well. ONe guy was asking me one day, shortly after this, "Why are you nuking like a level 80 Wizaard?

I noticed it too so began parsing, which I've kept up ever since. Our spell crist were being weighted to the low side in data taken nnot from 10s of hours to 100s of hours.

Then:

04/17/13 (NERF ONE and TWO)

1) - Beastlord, Magician, and Necromancer pets (level 96-100) have had their base HP and AC reduced slightly. Reduced the AC and HP advantage given to pets with the most basic focus (Enhanced Minion VII) and adjusted the later ranks accordingly.

2) - All existing player-castable pet block buffs have had damage caps added to them. These values should easily exceed damage from group content of the appropriate eras:
    - - Set a damage cap per hit on Ward of Calliav of 11747; Guard of Calliav of 12922; Protection of Calliav of 14214; Bulwark of Calliav of 15635; Aegis of Calliav of 17198; Aegis of Kildrukaun of 18918.

10/08/13 (NERF THREE)

3) - Magician - Lowered the damage dealt by Salvo of Many with the maximum number of pets on the target's hatelist. Lower "waves" were not affected.

02/19/14 (NERF FOUR, FIVE and SIX)

4) - Magician - Changed the early ranks of the Burning Aura line of spells to be limited to 48 procs, rather than 240 incoming attacks, to match later spells in the line.

5) - Magician - Hulking Bodyguard now fades after 48 hits like later spells in the line.

6) - Magician - Added a target limit of 12 to all beam spells.

04/02/14 (NERF SEVEN)

7) - Plane of War - Pet Aggro Mechanics Nerf

7/16/14 (NERF EIGHT)

8) - Stealth Pet Nerf

======================

Not technically a nerf but classified as a runner up:

9) - Runner up (nerf)

Changed aggro rules of pets, so that now they constantly show up on HoTT, if the tank dies, the aggro bounces all over the place, because PC's within melee range, draw aggro over the pet.
    This caused fury and loathing by all melee classes (and tanks who lack skill in maintaining and holding aggro).

And let's not forget the pet's power itself. It became a much less contributor to the raid mobs we fought. Oh and GPP. And Canni.

Of course, after the OMGs last year our pets were nerfed. Now look... I've taken all the 'bad things" over the last 16 years in stride and have adapted. But this rain nerf really was the last straw. They are simply doing everything they can to keep a somewhat status quo damage being done so they can eke out that last drops of blood from this game.

I used to laugh derisively at people who quit this game, knowing they'd be back. Not this time. I'm finally going. Bad thing is.. this game actually saved my life. No kidding. Worse yet is the cavalier way that Daybreak/sony is reacting and seemingly just scraping as much residue from the barrel as they can. Kinda like crack . There's gotta be one more hit! Just GOTTA !

So no.. the rains or any other of the single things that have been nerfed drove me away. It was cumulative. And really I may have stayed with even that, but this campaign business seems to be a farce. I'm not expecting anything. No more power THAT IS FOR SURE. lol

Glass Ceiling.

Hello.

You can think your way out of this, Daybreak/Sony. You're just going about it the wrong way.

I'll be gone after I get rid of my stuff. No you can't have it!
    Silv likes this.