New Expansion?

Discussion in 'The Veterans' Lounge' started by Stom, Jul 31, 2015.

1. Iila Augur

Roughly the same time frame we have on the expansion!
  2. Silv Augur

What's an expansion?
  3. Iila Augur

I already did that routine once.
  4. Silv Augur

But it was so good I had to recycle it!
  5. Numiko Augur

With the news today about H1Z1 being greatly downsized I think we will be lucky to get one new Hub zones and a bunch of "re-imanged" zones with a few raids in them
  6. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

Do you have a link to this news? The only stuff I could find was the Feb 2015 massive layoffs stuff.
  7. Iila Augur

Silv likes this.
  8. Silv Augur

Reht likes this.
  9. Zarzac Augur

10. Brohg Augur

I, too, would like to know if the purchase of this fall's release will include unlocking previous content.
    Silv and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  11. Phoebes Journeyman

Yeah, I need an answer to this. Haven't played for a couple of years except for on the TLPs this last couple of months. If the new product includes TDS I'll be in for copies for all 8 of our accounts but if not I might be about done purchasing new expansions for EQ.

Also on that my experience on Lockjaw TLP has been a clusterf***. You need to be throwing us a bone here DBG.
    Silv likes this.
  12. Silv Augur

Pure speculation on my part but I could see them opening previous expansions with the release of the Spring campaign [provided you also bought the Fall one]. That way people are paying the 'full' price and not getting all the other content at a reduced rate.

Again, no clue what they'll do but interesting to ponder. We probably won't get an answer until they announce it which who knows when that will be...
  13. Reht The Dude abides...

Soon (TM)
  14. CrazyLarth Augur

we will have to see if in the Fall if they only offer it as the current Expansion to buy and remove the TDS purchase.

Does FTP have access to COTH yet?
  15. Sancus Augur

Nope, FTP has all expansions up to RoF.
  16. Leeanni Elder

With so much secrecy, I can almost see them releasing the "campaign" without a beta test. To me, a campaign is just a battle. I know the end game is the target for all new expansions, but it would be nice to see some zones that scale to lower player levels. Not everyone is top level and some would purchase the campaigns if they could run the zones on lower level toons.
  17. Sancus Augur

My impression is we'll be lucky to have some zones for anyone.
    Smallpox, Isssk and Leeanni like this.
  18. Tarvas Redwall of Coirnav, now Drinal

Unless DBG doesn't have access to a dictionary a campaign is typically a series of operations working towards a goal or desired outcome. Worst case scenario they do a couple of quests leading up to a raid or two which would be annoying to say the least. I am hoping (wishful I know) for about 5-7 progression raids tied to about 5 or 6 zones...or TDS essentially for the upcoming "campaign."
  19. Isssk New Member

After the incomplete crapfest called TDS they gave us, they need at minimum of TWO RAIDS PER ZONE going forward...
    Sancus likes this.
  20. Silv Augur

So that means we would get 4 - 6 max this Fall T_T

Of course, assuming they do the same for the Spring release we'd actually wind up with more raids than TDS! Which is actually rather sad...
    Sancus and Isssk like this.