New Expansion (Yep, That's Right) and More!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. Muji Augur

I'm hoping beta starts as soon as October 16th! I know were all ready for it!
    Rcalielie likes this.
  2. Riou EQResource

Probably not, better to use time to get other boosts to compensate
  3. Corwyhn Lionheart Guild Leader, Lions of the Heart

So long, goodbye, farewell.
  4. revran1 Journeyman

my question is are you guys going to add the 15 yr veteran reward and when
    Gyurika Godofwar and Mayfaire like this.
  5. Mayfaire Augur

Corwyhn, allow me to present your post in song:

6. Gyurika Godofwar Augur

What about dogs for those of us who are dog people?
    Yinla and Dzarn like this.
  7. Riou EQResource

Veteran Rewards for those are done.
  8. Daislet Augur

This seems fixed today. I was able to buy TDS on a few accounts for either 3599 or 4000 DBC depending on whether the accounts were gold or not.
  9. Grove Augur

That (apparently) there will be no level cap increase with the next expansion does not trouble me in the least. We are at level cap inflation now. However, it is with some trepidation that I face the consequences. I remember Underfoot (expansion with no level increase) all too well. These zones are still unsafe some six years later.

I am just now purchasing The Darkened Sea expansion, having been in protest against the experience nerf to players level 101 and higher in expansions prior to Call of the Forsaken. In fact I proceed with this purchase while still sulking but with high expectations for the entertainment value and character strengthening through better AAs and armor expected to be offered in the forthcoming expansion. Also I do not give up hope that power will be restored to gain full experience according to "con" in any zone. My account has been fully paid from1999 to the present, and none of my characters has max AA. This concept is important to me for my characters and for any upcoming "group" type players.
    Cazmac likes this.
  10. Darkark Augur

I never really understood that reaction to the exp nerf in pre-CotF zones. I completely understand vocally protesting it and asking for the change to be rolled back, but to peg yourself at level 100 and CotF gear for a year so that you can get AA exp a little faster in RoF zones? I don't know, but I expect the new expac, which can reasonably be expected to be harder than TDS, is going to be rough on toons in that position.

Anyway, so far as I recall that nerf was largely undone back in April or something.
  11. Wizdons Augur

I am guessing this expansion will cost $40?
  12. CrazyLarth Augur

I am hoping that this Expansion release might reflect a new game change to

2015 Fall - Expansion release
    2016 Summer - Campaign
    2016 Fall - Expansion release
    2017 Summer - Campaign
    Numiko and Mayfaire like this.
  13. Ragbert Elder

When wizards originally were going to get the familiars I asked for a black cat since that was the only option in my mind. I can finally have my cat and that makes this expansion complete.
    Cazmac and Yinla like this.
  14. Fintank Augur

Will we be seeing a return of class restricted non-visible slots? All these all/all slots make me sad :(
    Xeladom likes this.
  15. Vlad Diszno Augur

Grove said:
    That (apparently) there will be no level cap increase with the next expansion does not trouble me in the least. We are at level cap inflation now. However, it is with some trepidation that I face the consequences. I remember Underfoot (expansion with no level increase) all too well. These zones are still unsafe some six years later.

I am just now purchasing The Darkened Sea expansion, having been in protest against the experience nerf to players level 101 and higher in expansions prior to Call of the Forsaken. In fact I proceed with this purchase while still sulking but with high expectations for the entertainment value and character strengthening through better AAs and armor expected to be offered in the forthcoming expansion. Also I do not give up hope that power will be restored to gain full experience according to "con" in any zone. My account has been fully paid from1999 to the present, and none of my characters has max AA. This concept is important to me for my characters and for any upcoming "group" type players.

Darkark said:
    "I never really understood that reaction to the exp nerf in pre-CotF zones. I completely understand vocally protesting it and asking for the change to be rolled back, but to peg yourself at level 100 and CotF gear for a year so that you can get AA exp a little faster in RoF zones? I don't know, but I expect the new expac, which can reasonably be expected to be harder than TDS, is going to be rough on toons in that position.

Anyway, so far as I recall that nerf was largely undone back in April or something. "

I can't speak for others, but...
    I just bought the expansion also. I was not able to get myself to spend the money on it before. I just wasn't up for paying for getting slapped w/ how to have fun playing the game. That contributed immensely to making the game less fun for me. Meanwhile 2/3 accounts lapse. After all this time,( and time heals all wounds, supposedly) and for half price, I finally felt ok w/ purchasing the CE because I wanted the house that came w/ it. W/out the discount, I'm not so sure I would have ever made the purchase. So they've made a little money off me yet out of this expansion, and I'm happy enough w/ the price and getting that house.

I certainly wasn't thinking about ending up being behind the eight ball, until just now, since I wasn't even sure what my EQ future was. I was more thinking- near 16 yrs of EQ, interest in it going the wrong way, now what the heck am I gonna find to play. I've hardly exp hunted in the last year, it's housing related stuff that kept me going. That cat is creating some excitement for me, though. Now I get to dream about devious ways to put it into dire situations. (If it ends up not being placeable, they have just destroyed a dream!)

I still don't know yet about my purchasing the next expansion, though I do seem a glimmer of hope. I have excitement for a new expansion and preorder( prices, I hope), but not so much for the change in pulling. I'll have to see what these latest changes do to my pally pulling and overall hunting, which will be rusty enough from disuse. Will see if what pulling skills I did have have been made ineffective. Guess I'll need to get out there and find out...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  16. Imrahil Augur

EliSMASH? Like it!
  17. Xianzu_Monk_Tunare Augur

Because they had an expansion planned before they decided to move to the "Campaign" paradigm, so they ended up with an expansion's worth of content in the development time between TDS came out and now (a little less than a year later). So instead of cut up the linked content between the two campaigns, they decided to release it all now; and then start work on a content for late next spring to be the first campaign.
    Pulling is not coming back to the game; you are deluded if you think it is. The changes they are making to Fade and the "Fling" abilities as they are calling them now had zero to do with pulling disappearing from the game. Pulling died years before anyone even considered a "Fling" ability; and it was still alive and well for years after Fade was available to both of the original pulling classes with the only change being speed of pulls. Zone design and layout as well as how mob AIs work is what removed pulling as required role in the game; none of those things are being changed. They wanted to create more AA lines which we will be required to buy to pad the AA counts without them really giving us anything. The only thing that is going to be making a come back regarding pulling is how long it takes monks and potentially bards to pull is going to be a lot longer once again; since Fade is pretty much worthless now.
    WTF are you smoking? There was never going to be any free module crap. The only problems most people had with TDS was the lack of content (primarily in the raid area) which the new expansion does not seem to have as an issue and the tediousness of the questing which we have no way to know is going to continue. The problem with CotF was that it used a staggered release; otherwise people didn't have too much problem with it as I recall. I'm sorry that DBC is a business and intends to make money and not give everything away for free. Well, I figure this reply counts as my troll feeding for this week.
  18. Mordean New Member

This is awesome! this news might bring me back to play again :D Im always craving new adventure on EverQuest! :D
  19. Silv Augur

Hmm... class weapons. You mean like the super awesome ROF Enchanter one that had a sympathetic ~1k target's target heal?!

Seriously though, "class" weapons are always cool provided they actually have some relevance to the class and they don't hog up spots on mob loot tables. A guild can only handle so many ranger bows and rogue piercers...
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Schadenfreude Augur

Bards have the best class only weapons by far. Other classes not so much.
    Gyurika Godofwar and Silv like this.