New Expansion (Yep, That's Right) and More!

Discussion in 'News and Announcements' started by Windstalker, Sep 15, 2015.

1. strongbus Augur

is it to late to make it a level increase exp.
  2. Syrup Augur

[IMG]
    Bamkan likes this.
  3. Rainbowdash Augur

nooooooooo

We don't need that every expac. Let's see how they do, first 'expac' of DBG, on just focusing all manpower and resources towards content. not rescaling all our abilities/spells/AAs etc for a new cap that isn't necessary.

Let's see if the content is worth it that way before begging for bigger numbers on our CalculatorQuest
  4. Hyfox78 New Member

What kind of content will non raiders get ?
    Cazmac likes this.
  5. Reht The Dude abides...

New zones, quests, spells, AAs, gear, HAs - all the same stuff you got before. How much is the real question.
    Cazmac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  6. Leifen Augur

When will you be taking applications for beta? At least I hope there will be a beta.
    Cazmac likes this.
  7. Reht The Dude abides...

Would venture to say that beta will be part of the announcement on October 1st or will follow shortly after.
    Xianzu_Monk_Tunare likes this.
  8. Leifen Augur

Oooh maybe pally will get there preservation line of spells back. Was really upset when they (SOE) wouldn't even talk about why they weren't giving it to us. A line we've had since level 70 just gone. :(
    Cazmac and Elricvonclief like this.
  9. Coronay Augur

New expansion! 15 new raids, AND pulling coming back to the game? Love it! Thank you thank you!
  10. strongbus Augur

well we are all alowed to have our own ideas and i will respect yours on this. But to me non level expec are not as fun as the level increase ones. there is not as much to do. besides raids/alts/achviements/and 1 merc line of aa to finish I have nothing else to do to in game and those extra levels help add something to do. and no I am not one to try and get to max level in a day.
  11. Rainbowdash Augur

I respect your opinion as well, but mine will still stand. The quests, raids, achievements etc give plenty to do (especially if they put enough of them in, another reason not to divert resources). Plus at least they are all different. Or can be. The grind for levels and AAs hasn't changed since classic, just the speed. Which is variable anyway depending upon if you chose to go fast or slow.

Seriously, let's give them a chance to dump all their assets into content development and see how it goes (if it ends up good, or we get another TDS) without all the hassle of level cap stuff, before we start begging for more levels. I mean 4 out of the last 5 expacs have increased the level cap including the most recent, it's not exactly like we're hurting for one. This could easily be the polar opposite. remember OoW through PoR? :p
    Cazmac and Gyurika Godofwar like this.
  12. Randragon Augur

Folks, if you have questions just put them in logical order and let them rip. They are going to use them to form some idea on what they will have to field on the full reveal on October 1, 2015.

Asking all your questions on a one line, nonsensical format will most likely not have your voice heard because it is harder to process all the questions that way.

Make their job easier by taking the time to put them together in an easier to read and process format.

Also, read the first statement. You probably won't receive any new information until 10/01/2015 so there is no need to threaten and be all blustery until then. You are only wasting your time and energy by writing out ' I am gonna quit' type responses rather than utilizing that time to put together coherent and meaningful questions for DBG to sift through and process.

I am definitely not on their bandwagon mind you. I am not a card carrying DBG member or anything. But we need to give them time and space until that day. Now, if they don't have anything for us by then. Well the gloves come off kids lol.
    Cazmac likes this.
  13. oldandnasty Augur

14. Kyreth Elder

Summary of Feedback about Everquest from 2010 Fan Faire
    It's been 5 years since I asked if we could have cats in our houses. I haven't had enough free time to play lately, but when my boyfriend woke me up this morning and told me that it was actually happening, my level of excitement was way, way over 9000. Like an unfathomable amount of excitement. I am wearing a cat hoodie in celebration of this news.

OMG THANK YOU YAYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Best day ever.
  15. Windstalker Executive Producer

Big hugs, Kyreth! One of my first meetings with the EQ team earlier this year, a designer mentioned there are NO CATS and told the story of your requests at the fan faire! I said, "WUH?! NO CATS? Let's fix that right meow!" and alas, now there are cats! Big props to the art and design teams!

As for everyone else, please continue with the questions so we can be sure we cover as much as possible on Oct. 1!
  16. Axxius Augur

When are we getting cows? Milking dwarves is getting so old... :(
  17. Tadenea Augur

I feel sad there was no Frogloks or Vah Shir player model NPCs in TDS
  18. Absor Developer

Then yer doing it wrong.

A
    Cazmac, PrathunEQ, Ishtass and 4 others like this.
  19. Sheex Goodnight, Springton. There will be no encores.

So are you saying....there is no cow level? ^ . ^
    Gyurika Godofwar likes this.
  20. Yinla Ye Ol' Dragon

1. How many regular zones
    2. How many raid zones
    3. How many regular raids,
    4. How many raids in Hate
    5. How many raids in Fear
    6. How many new tradeskill recipes
    7. How many tradeskill quests
    8. How many regular quests
    9. How many HA quests
    10. How many HAs
    11. How many regular missions
    12. How many scaling missions
    13. How many new AA lines per class
    14. How many new Spell lines class
    15. How many tiers of zones
    16. How many tiers of raids
    17. How many tiers of gear
    18. Are there any long winded quests? ie Parrot shoulder aug
    19. Are there any evolvable items? ie shoulders and helm from RoF and CotF
    20. Will there be collectibles
    21. Will there be currencies in raids
    22. Will there be currencies in group missions/quests
    23. Will there be chests in group missions
    24. Will there be new Heros Forge in raids
    25. Will there be new Heros Forge in group content
    26. Will there be new recipes for Heros Forge
    27. Will there be cool rewards for purchasing the expansion
    28. How many revamped zones
    29. How many new zones
    30. How many new NPCs
    31. Are there any Alarians
    32. Are there any dragons to kill? (still smarting we couldn't kill the underwear dragon)
    33. Can we please kill Firona Vie!
    34. Please tell me we have finally got rid of Mayong and he isn't in this expansion.
    35. Please tell me we have moved away from EQ2 lore. They should have our lore not the other way round!
    36. Do we visit any new continent, land mass, ie Drinal
    37. Will wizards be needed to go to the New (old) version of Plane of Hate?
    37a. If so will they need port stones
    38. Has the graphic for Kerafyrms familiar finally been created?
    39. When will the next expansion be? a little confused as we were moving to a 6 monthly game update
    40. Will we be revisiting dinosaur land, for a dinosaur raid?
    41. When is beta starting
    42. What is the name of the expansion
    43. When will the expansion go live
    44. Will there be an early release for those who purchase early like there was in CotF
    45. Will there be any nerf to older content to get players in the new content
    Cazmac, Imrahil, Grove and 4 others like this.